Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Republican Presidential Candidate claims Palestinians are Invented People

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Wertz wrote: »
    What the hell kind of name is Newt anyways?

Short for Newton Leroy Gingrich
    and his wife is called Callista...and he's going on about made up nationalities?

Callista is the feminine Latin version of Callisto the huntress loved by Zeus and means "most beautiful"

Just so everyone knows :D

He's still a tool though

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭lcrcboy

Got to say as usual a lot of the Republican candidates seem to be so stupid and conservative, but I reckon Ron Paul would be good to vote for, the guy talks a lot of sense, he is anti-war which is very unusual for a Republican candidate, but I think the republican voters wont vote for him, he is to liberal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

lcrcboy wrote: »
    he is anti-war which is very unusual for a Republican candidate, but I think the republican voters wont vote for him, he is to liberal.

Liberal in the classic sense. not liberal at all by american standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭LaFlammeRouge

lcrcboy wrote: »
    Got to say as usual a lot of the Republican candidates seem to be so stupid and conservative, but I reckon Ron Paul would be good to vote for, the guy talks a lot of sense, he is anti-war which is very unusual for a Republican candidate, but I think the republican voters wont vote for him, he is to liberal.

I would vote for Gary Johnson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Gary_Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A US presidential candidate saying something stupid.... Hardly surprising, especially from the Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

His name is spelt "Newt", but it's one of those weird names,

It's actually pronounced "JOO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Even the Israeli government dont come out with this shyte anymore.
    SamHarris wrote: »
    Plenty of other groups are in a similiar situation, and would rarely if ever be considered an "invented" people. Kurds, Tamils and Tibetans all jump to mind.

All of the groups you mention are currently or have until fairly recent times been regarded as such by the states under whose juristiction they find themselves inhabiting.

(Northern) Kurds for example were branded as "Mountain Turks" (who had forgotten how to speak Turkish while living in the mountains -I $hit you not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Your mom's an invented people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

In before 39 pages of Irish people mistankenly feeling an affinity for the Palestinian people due to British rule and circle-jerking while ignoring vast cultural and societal differences that are typically abhorred by left wingers.

Anywho, Mitt is a fine candidate. I hope Newt fecks off ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

In before 39 pages of Irish people mistankenly feeling an affinity for the Palestinian people due to British rule and circle-jerking while ignoring vast cultural and societal differences that are typically abhorred by left wingers.

Key misunderstanding of the entire issue here. look upon it with your own eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Amazed people in this thread correctly attributed this stupidity to the GOP and not the USA.

Progress is being made!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'd a second cousin who was a bit invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

RichieC wrote: »
    It's not a rare opinion in Zionist circles. seen the argument used here by some clown too.

It's a race to the bottom between the republican candidates. none of them have a hope of unseating Obama.

That great example of fair and balanced journalism, Bill O'Reilly, had a debate on his Foxnews show about who the democrats wanted as the republican candidate against Obama....in between gagging at his usual stupidity,mindless far-right rants and his account of fending off a protester with his umbrella (and then calling for the "folks" right to defend themselves when being shouted at ) I wasnt surprized to see that he reckoned the Democrats wanted Gingrish to stand as he would be an easier target....

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

semblence between Mitt Romney and Mick McCarthy (perhaps a younger looking 'Thick Mick')

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement