Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Dark and Handsome

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I am chilled. I've got my feet up, one eye on the tv and one on the laptop. i curse all the time, so no reason to assume I'm anything but 'chilled'.

see how the post you quoted would have related to your post would've been in the mentioning that you are blonde, as you have now done. it didn't make sense otherwise :)

Great, we re all chilled then ;) I do muddle on incoherently at the best of times and simply knowing those untyped personal key details doesnt help anyone else out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Just watching that documentry the last night,perfect Irish man it got me thinking why do women always say tall dark and handsome is their dream man.

What's wrong with the rest of us ? :mad:
    I don't. I'd find it quite intimidating.

I'm not tall myself, and while I had a partner only an inch or two taller than me in the past, and a very aggressive one, it's ruined the idea of a partner being taller than me. I can honestly say that it's only an issue for my case, and no judgement on tall men in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Just watching that documentry the last night,perfect Irish man it got me thinking why do women always say tall dark and handsome is their dream man.

What's wrong with the rest of us ? :mad:

Nothing, it's just a rote answer. Doesn't mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My man is small, dark and handsome! Love him!

Although secretly I'd prefer a blond. Its in my genes to want to reproduce with a blond as our species numbers are dwindling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Stay away from blondes , the most intelligent blonde known is the Golden Retriever

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

It doesn't matter what you look like, from your point of view anyway.

Your self worth indicates how attractive you think you are, not just looking in the mirror. A lot of people see themselves in their head a lot different than what they look like from others people's eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm 6ft and dark for Irish due to sallow skin, dark hair and a dark brow (especially when i have a serious expression). The challenge with buying clothes is to lighten me up - grays work well. Enrique Eglasias (spelling) is darker, less 'serious' looking and has a much less dark / heavy expression. (*Why am i posting this?*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Meh, I don't look for a guy to be gorgeous-looking - as long as he's not obese or effeminate I'd be more interested in considering the actual person. I like tall but it's not essential for me.
    And all that male beautifying stuff and looking fashionable to the point of ponceyness is alien to me and I personally don't understand the attraction. :confused:
    Good hygiene/being practical is enough I think. Moisturiser if he gets very dry skin, bit of hair gel, waxing in certain places if the hair growth is so thick that it causes irritation - that's all I'd bother with if I was a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Dudess wrote: »
    Meh, I don't look for a guy to be gorgeous-looking - as long as he's not obese or effeminate I'd be more interested in considering the actual person. I like tall but it's not essential for me.
    And all that male beautifying stuff and looking fashionable to the point of ponceyness is alien to me and I personally don't understand the attraction. :confused:
    Good hygiene/being practical is enough I think. Moisturiser if he gets very dry skin, bit of hair gel, waxing in certain places if the hair growth is so thick that it causes irritation - that's all I'd bother with if I was a man.

same for me except I do tend to look for good looking. fashionable guys are an almost immediate turn off. skinny jeans = NO. too much time grooming = NO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Some women want what they can't have. It works both ways of course.

• Advertisement

Arianna_26 wrote: »
    Nothing, it's just a rote answer. Doesn't mean anything.
    Yeah, the phrase "Tall, dark and handsome" was probably coined by an ad person - and maybe even by a man.
    It's the way I like my Guinness :pac: but not necessarily my men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Tall, dark and handsome - is it still OK when the dark has become as snow-white as Santa's beard?;););)

On the grey/white-haired women thing - I've been getting white hairs since I was 17 and I dye my roots black (which is my natural colour anyway so it doesn't look dyed). I prefer to do so as salt and pepper hair on women is ageing and can look a bit scruffy. I think it can look good on older women though. Saw a woman recently, aged in her 50s with shoulder-length, well-groomed straight hair, containing a lot of greys - she was stunning, and part of it was definitely the silver in her hair. The Mrs Robinson thing maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I do usually like tall(er than me...but since I'm only 5 foot it's rarely an issue) dark(as in hair colour) and i'd much rather clean shaven to handsome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

Raekwon wrote: »
    Some women want what they can't have. It works both ways of course.

It does indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭merengueca

Don't know about tall dark and handsome - I'm happy with taller than me, dark or ginger and doesn't have to be traitionally handsome - as long as he doesn't make small kids cry and has a good smile that'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ginger, seriously girls, from my experience. Ya wanna give those feckers a sphin. They may have issues when it comes to the gruaig but be the Miley, when it comes to the leaba :eek: ....

Well, Barry White been singing about stuff for years. ~scortchin'! :D

Tall dark and handsome? Cliche i think. "Tall dark and handsome", that rarely defines cute for me. It's rarely as physically descriptive as that.

Bit of a laugh, good conversation, personal hygiene, and not being a complete twat :pac: now that doesnt roll off the tongue as easy i suppose . The rest can be more subtle, or more chemically based like smell or the sound of a voice \ laugh.

Surely tall dark and handsome is hardly used any more. Pale, with freckles, and sol long as he's taller than me... will suffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Personally, I am tall, dark and handsome. Sadly I am also a b0llox, and apparently they cancel each other out. Bummer.:( On the plus side, tall, dark and handsome are immediatly apparent. The b0llix bit takes a while to realise, so there are plus sides.:D Also, I'm not that much of a b0llix really, just a bit.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

themadchef wrote: »
    Ginger, seriously girls, from my experience. Ya wanna give those feckers a sphin. They may have issues when it comes to the gruaig but be the Miley, when it comes to the leaba :eek: ....

I love ginger boys, they would be the first to catch my eye. I know they get stick for being ugly but there are SO many handsome gingers! And agree about the bedroom thing too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Tall, Dark and Handsome is a load of bullshít.

You could look like Jabba the hut, so long as you have a load of money, you'll get plenty of action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Kojak wrote: »

You could look like Jabba the hut, so long as you have a load of money, you'll get plenty of action.

You left out the huge shlong, if we're going to start making people feel inadequate we should ram it home (excuse the pun :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭AstridBean

but there are SO many handsome gingers!

True and people who can't or won't see that are missing out, IMO.

Kojak wrote: »

Ew... cannot understand women who'd shag/live with a man whom they don't fancy at all just for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Dudess wrote: »
    Ew... cannot understand women who'd shag/live with a man whom they don't fancy at all just for the money.

I think the technical term is a Gold digger....

Advertisement