Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Dark and Handsome

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

i'm sure there's a basis in biology for the attraction to tall dark and handsome. it's likely tall dark and handsome means healthy, good sperm, fit, smart etc.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that tall men were more susceptible to certain health problems than average or slightly above average height men.

What seems to be considered average height these days anyway? I'm 5'10" and that seems to be slightly below average with my mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

G.muny wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was going to add that but most men Ive talked to recently seem to be liking Brunette's these days. Dunno why, might be that the likes of cheryl cole and megan fox are popular at the moment or something so I left out the blonde bit.

ya, they want to marry a brunette, but they do want a blonde. ;)
    think it's old stereotypes and I can see the appeal, tall and handsome speaks for itself, the dark I always figured was the eyes. I know a lot of women who go goey for dark eyed men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere that tall men were more susceptible to certain health problems than average or slightly above average height men.

What seems to be considered average height these days anyway? I'm 5'10" and that seems to be slightly below average with my mates.

well i think both very tall and very small probably have health problems. i would've said 5'10" would be around average.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

The dark part throws me. Do tall handsome and blond guys fail the test?

darlett wrote: »
    The dark part throws me. Do tall handsome and blond guys fail the test?

I generally don't find blonde guys attractive. but i may be the exception, no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Just watching that documentry the last night,perfect Irish man it got me thinking why do women always say tall dark and handsome is their dream man.

That what they say, but in the end always go for the 5' 7"/ 5' 8" short guys just like their daddy!

I generally don't find blonde guys attractive. but i may be the exception, no idea.

Bugger! Me ma and me aunties were filling me with misinformation during my formative years. And I used to think at 6 foot I qualified as tall, but statistically its average enough for this century's irish male. And if we were to go dutch I d be a short ass cos they giants. Then I d have to rely on the old irish charm.

Easy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

AstridBean wrote: »
    I don't care about tallness in a man, as I'm short.

I like nice eyes but any colour can be nice.

Hair colour doesn't bother me. I guess it's what all the sum of his parts ( ;) ) look like together that attractives or repells me.

The only thing I'm fussy about is I like a man to have a good head of hair. But honestly, if my BF started losing his hair tomorrow, I'd care not.

Oh, i'm about 5ft 9in, have dark hair and nice brown eyes. Still have most of my hair so far :D Do i count? :P

gurramok wrote: »
    Oh, i'm about 5ft 9in, have dark hair and nice brown eyes. Still have most of my hair so far :D Do i count? :P

I believe you can qualify under the tall, dark, original hair and teeth quota system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

For my troubles I watched some of this load of baloney and the most shocking part was the lad who was heading off to Germany to get his legs lengthened wtf.

yeah that was messed up. I met a polish fella who had that done as well.

• Advertisement

Bugger! Me ma and me aunties were filling me with misinformation during my formative years. And I used to think at 6 foot I qualified as tall, but statistically its average enough for this century's irish male. And if we were to go dutch I d be a short ass cos they giants. Then I d have to rely on the old irish charm.

what the **** has that got to do with what you quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

When i hear a women say they only date tall dark haired men it makes me want to kill /twitch.

no one ever wants an average height handsome talented ginger bastard. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Speaking as someone tall, dark and handsome I don't really see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I don't mind women saying tall, dark and handsome since I fall into that category.

Tall?

Check!

Dark?

Check!

Handsome?

...........Sure. Why not? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Paulor94

What do they mean by dark?

what the **** has that got to do with what you quoted?

Lighten up on the expletives maybe. I quoted a line about how blond guys werent found attractive. Yet as the son of an Irish mummy (maybe any country's mummy) I learnt from an early age that I was the most handsome young boy in the world. But I was/am blond. So Im saying, in relation ofc to the quoted text, that I was lied to. If you dont understand something immediately, just chill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yet as the son of an Irish mummy (maybe any country's mummy) I learnt from an early age that I was the most handsome young boy in the world.

Has she stopped giving you bitty yet?

Has she stopped giving you bitty yet?

No way. Sure Im daaaa baby :D

Lighten up on the expletives maybe. I quoted a line about how blond guys werent found attractive. Yet as the son of an Irish mummy (maybe any country's mummy) I learnt from an early age that I was the most handsome young boy in the world. But I was/am blond. So Im saying, in relation ofc to the quoted text, that I was lied to. If you dont understand something immediately, just chill.

I am chilled. I've got my feet up, one eye on the tv and one on the laptop. i curse all the time, so no reason to assume I'm anything but 'chilled'.

see how the post you quoted would have related to your post would've been in the mentioning that you are blonde, as you have now done. it didn't make sense otherwise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

stupid username you should be doing the dishes :mad:

our so bold

• Advertisement

Snowie wrote: »
    stupid username you should be doing the dishes :mad:

our so bold

done already :cool:

done already :cool:

have you cleaned the toilet bowl and underneath the you bend

Snowie wrote: »
    have you cleaned the toilet bowl and underneath the you bend

not my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Short, Dark and Ugly.

And now I'm going grey and getting a bald spot. Damn you nature I had one out of the three. Just one! I wasn't greedy and now you want to take that away from me huh? Well we'll see about that.

*Puts aluminium can in general waste bin*

Now, in your face! Two can play at that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I find that being 'well hung' goes a long way.A bonus is that I'm tall and handsome as well.

not my job.

don't talk back !

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

GrumPy wrote: »
    Tall, pale and freckled here, close enough?

you a chick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Paulor94 wrote: »
    non-national is the preferred term these days, i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

Paulor94 wrote: »

Hair :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Hair :mad:

owww i thought it meant they like when men are hiding in the shadows, dam maybe thats why im still single. I guess jumping out of the shadows and saying date me ! DATE ME NOW FEMALE may be a bit of a turn off.

Advertisement