Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Settle a debate - did he or didn't he snub Cameron?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Sarkozy and Pat Butcher seem to be close.

PS It looked like DC and NS already greeted each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I always hate seeing them all happy and smiling before and afterwards, Merkel and Sarkozy in particular....and my God what do the rest of them have to be smiling about?

These are peoples lives they're messing with, I want to see them all beating the **** out of each other and screaming at each other trying to get the best outcome possible for their countries.

Perhaps if this was the type of thing that went on over there we wouldn't have voted in that little wimp Enda Kenny, maybe he'd have a shot against Van Rumpoy but even that's debatable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Tayla wrote: »
    I always hate seeing them all happy and smiling before and afterwards, Merkel and Sarkozy in particular....and my God what do the rest of them have to be smiling about?

These are peoples lives they're messing with, I want to see them all beating the **** out of each other and screaming at each other trying to get the best outcome possible for their countries.
    I think that's a very good point.

I think a reasonable amount of argy bargy does go on, but that should be something we get to find out about. The public deserve to know whether or not, or how,their leaders are 'fighting their corner' at the table of 27, or whether they even manage to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Looks like there's some tension between the Prime Minister of Great Britain and the President of France...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The little-Englander nightmare is slowly coming true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

later10 wrote: »
    The public deserve to know whether or not, or how,their leaders are 'fighting their corner' at the table of 27, or whether they even manage to speak.

Transparency? In a modern democratic country?

These are unreasonable demands Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭googsy

I think Cameron handled it pretty well... never taught I would ever say this about any Tory party leader but well done Mr Cameron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Dotrel wrote: »
    Whatever happened there seemed amicable enough

Now if you want to see a guy getting snubbed ....

love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Many people think this video shows Sarkozy snubbing Cameron. But to me it looks like they had already greeted earlier in the video so had no need to do it again...or am I naive?

http://www.businessinsider.com/sarkozy-handshake-cameron-2011-12

wtf is that woman wearing ?

a red cape ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Defo a snub by le twerpe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Dotrel wrote: »
    Whatever happened there seemed amicable enough

Now if you want to see a guy getting snubbed ....

Any chance anyone could explain to me what happens in this video. I couldn't handle watching it if it's going to be unbelievably embarrassing.

I know that's weird but i can't watch embarrassing things, like i have to change the channel on those reality shows and all! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

for a little cnut he's really throwing his weight around lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭pavb2

sdWN5.jpg From Burgo in YLYL thought it was apt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Many people think this video shows Sarkozy snubbing Cameron. But to me it looks like they had already greeted earlier in the video so had no need to do it again...or am I naive?

Yes, definitely a snub. I think the British tabloids should now declare war on France.

When it comes to rabidly nationalistic rhetoric designed to inspire the plebs, rarely have two nations been so well matched.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dionysus wrote: »
    Yes, definitely a snub. I think the British tabloids should now declare war on France.

When it comes to rabidly nationalistic rhetoric designed to inspire the plebs, rarely have two nations been so well matched.

The Daily Mail will be giving away free longbows next week.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    He must still remember Waterloo. No dignity at all.

Waterloo indeed. More like British europhobes remember, bitterly, that their EFTA failed utterly and the Franco-German created EEC/EU succeeded and knocked them and their little economic free trade egotrip out of the water so much so that Britain was forced to swallow its pride in 1973 and join the EEC/EU.

The resentment among British nationalists of the French and Germans because of the success of the EU is nothing if not consistently pitiful. There's some serious growing up to be done by these embarrassingly bitter people.

ThePower11 wrote: »
    Sarkozy is some arrogant little prick, that video just confirms it.

You must have been watching a different video to the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Top marks to Cameron for sticking ridgedly to his guns. Merkel & Sarkozi would love to get their hands on 'The City', but thankfully Cameron has kept the City & the UK treasury out of their scheming little Euro hands. I don't think it was a snub by Sarkozi, I guess he & Cameron have met & talked to each other many times over the last 48 hours, and that 'this time' they passed with a pat & a nod.

Well done Cameron, he kept to his word & his principles 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

The British were proved right in staying out of the euro. The EEC and laterly EC has cost them enough already, as they have been the 2nd biggest contributers to EC funds, after Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

LordSutch wrote: »
    Merkel & Sarkozi would love to get their hands on 'The City'.....

The paratroopers are boarding transports as you type... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

What i'd assume, watching the body language in that video, is that they'd already greeted each other/shaken hands before this and were acknowledging each other in passing.
    It pains me, slightly, to praise a British prime-minister, but i admire Cameron for standing up for his country in this instance, even though his reasons for doing so aren't rooted in any real rejection of the problem at the heart of this; the notion/modus-operandi in Europe that banks/speculators must be bailed-out at all costs, and that the citizens, through the apparatus of imposed austerity, must foot the bill.
    Cameron will ultimately be proven correct, even if by default, as this 'deal' does nothing to address the real problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

LordSutch wrote: »
    Top marks to Cameron for sticking ridgedly to his guns. Merkel & Sarkozi would love to get their hands on 'The City', but thankfully Cameron has kept the City & the UK treasury out of their scheming little Euro hands. I don't think it was a snub by Sarkozi, I guess he & Cameron have met & talked to each other many times over the last 48 hours, and that 'this time' they passed with a pat & a nod.

Well done Cameron, he kept to his word & his principles 100%.

But they've already got Franfurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

I don't think he did, it looked to me like they had greeted each other earlier. It wasn't as though Cameron extended his hand for Sarkozy to shake, he touched his arm as he walked past him. It was an acknowledgment not a greeting.

But I have to say (as I always do when I'm talking about him) I really dislike Sarkozy. Jacques Chirac was much more affable. Sarkozy strikes me as very cold and stand-offish - not an easy man to get on with. Of course I have never met him personally, just a vibe I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The British are the least european of all the EU countrys and Camerons decison to veto any agreement is just one step in the battle to take back power and decision making in British affairs from Brussells .Weather the decision will come back to bite the British in the ass remains to be seen.

Advertisement