Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do they do it ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

probably just carling, so you'd never know you had a bad one, they can't disimprove.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

GPO in Galway were meant to be starting that last year and supposedly (so I heard, could have been a rumour) the guards had words with them about encouraging binge drinking in students and irresponsible behaviour etc.

Anywho it never got going and the place closed down like 2 weeks after.

I guess the business it attracts outweighs paying for an empty club to stay open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

maxfresh wrote: »
    Just guessing but this 20 euro all you can drink place ,i'd say it has a poor selection of drinks to choose from
    Yeah I remember a bar in Limerick that had a sign saying 'Any pint €3'. The only problem was they were always mysteriously out of everything but Fosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Technically they are not selling alcohol, they are just charging into their premises and giving out free booze. I think there is a seperate midweek licence clubs need. They don't need a midweek licence because they aint selling alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

I've known three places in England which do a similar thing and all three have them have closed down within two years of opening. So yes you're right, invariably they don't make money.

some places do this as a last effort when trying to sell the bar.it inflates the turnover and makes it look a lot more successful than it is.prob didn't find a buyer so just shut up shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Technically they are not selling alcohol, they are just charging into their premises and giving out free booze. I think there is a seperate midweek licence clubs need. They don't need a midweek licence because they aint selling alcohol.

So if I rent out a warehouse 'charge' people in, and let them bring there own beer would I be in the $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

msg11 wrote: »
    Yeah it's in Dublin, 21s in town. (It's a 50/50 spot , should be safe on a Monday)

Baha.
    21s...that explains a lot. I'm 20 and I've been too old for that place for about 2 years now. Its a **** hole and full of 16 year olds. Well that's my opinion : )
    There's always deals (free drink, etc) there because people wouldn't go otherwise. It's just to get people in the door.

Advertisement