Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It will mean nothing but still....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Patri wrote: »
    You seem quick in your first reply to find a grounds for Fitzpatrick's arrest, yet in most of your other replies you never offer any basis for your own comments could you expand on any of these factually?

I dont have any thats why I asked in the first place. I simply asked why he was arrested and on what grounds. Not an unreasonable question and I cant sit here and pretend to know every nook and cranny of this case

Are we to believe that Sean Fitzpatrick set up this whole thing in his own? I doubt it somehow.

Are anglo irish the cause of all this countrys financial problems? I doubt that also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

He is actually quite a substantial reason for what went wrong equally in banking and the construction factors, taking into account his own 1.1billion liabilities and those major loans he signed of on with unsecured means and with agressive intent to create a false market through the elitist culture of a few then its fair to say he is a man of not a good character with a rouge trading history.

Sadly i hope he is not just the scapegoat and many more are brought to task.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Seanie Fitz should be hung, drawn & quartered IMHO

Realistically though he should have everything he owns taken off him to sell to make money towards the debt he owes.

I would personally love to see him down in the homeless shelter queueing up for his evening meal. He really shouldn't have a cent to his name

but No, he moved his monies into his wife's account.
    complete BS, raid the wife's account as well then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭listermint

orourkeda wrote: »
    I dont have any thats why I asked in the first place. I simply asked why he was arrested and on what grounds. Not an unreasonable question and I cant sit here and pretend to know every nook and cranny of this case

Are we to believe that Sean Fitzpatrick set up this whole thing in his own? I doubt it somehow.

Are anglo irish the cause of all this countrys financial problems? I doubt that also

Who is saying this?

But you still havent laid out your stall yet. There being sufficient evidence of all / most of the fraudulent activities which i have zero doubt there is. The books are wide and vast. Should he be arrested and imprisoned?

You dont seem to have mentioned what you believe should happen and are merely reflecting his activities onto a wider circle. (of which i agrees should all be brought to task)

billybudd wrote: »
    He is actually quite a substantial reason for what went wrong equally in banking and the construction factors, taking into account his own 1.1billion liabilities and those major loans he signed of on with unsecured means and with agressive intent to create a false market through the elitist culture of a few then its fair to say he is a man of not a good character with a rouge trading history.

Sadly i hope he is not just the scapegoat and many more are brought to task.

A substantial reason but not the sole reason

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Who is saying this?

But you still havent laid out your stall yet. There being sufficient evidence of all / most of the fraudulent activities which i have zero doubt there is. The books are wide and vast. Should he be arrested and imprisoned?

You dont seem to have mentioned what you believe should happen and are merely reflecting his activities onto a wider circle. (of which i agrees should all be brought to task)

I never said he shouldn't be arrested. I have never said that at any point.

If the evidence is there then fine. I just asked why he was arrested and what it was based on.

Surely the case should proceed on the strength of the case that has been built. I'd have thought that much was obvious.

I very much doubt that Sean Fitzpatrick is the only person involved in all of this that has a case to answer here. Again I'd have thought that this was evident

A substantial reason but not the sole reason

Yes i know, which is why i stated that, i also said i hope he is not the scapegoat and others are brought to justice, td's, civil servants, other bankers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

smcgiff wrote: »
    The government of the day didn't guarantee the banks on a whim.
    How do you know this? By some accounts, it was quite a rapid and uninformed decision.
    The government felt they needed to, and we'll never know if they had an alternative.
    Anglo is by far and away the biggest of the problems and that's almost exclusively Fitzpatrick's fault.
    So let me get this straight.

You're saying that we don't know if a guarantee was necessary, whilst simultaneously saying that it was all FitzPatrick's fault that Anglo was guaranteed - even if there's a chance the blanket guarantee was un-necessary.

You're beating up your own argument.

billybudd wrote: »
    Yes i know, which is why i stated that, i also said i hope he is not the scapegoat and others are brought to justice, td's, civil servants, other bankers etc.

This extends far and wide I thinks its clear to say and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Whether or not its backed up by arrests, charges or prosecutions is another matter entirely

This extends far and wide I thinks its clear to say and this is the tip of the iceberg.

Whether or not its backed up by arrests, charges or prosecutions is another matter entirely

I agree, i sometimes think the majority of people would just be happy with a few bankers like seanie boy been thrown into jail and then we can get on with, but this whole crisis was created by more than just the banking sector and everyone who was involved with corruption should be brought to task or the circle will never be broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Here's how the guards normally handle arrests:

They don't call to your door and politely wait for you to finish your alpen and coffee.

They arrive at 4am batter on the door and haul you down to the station in your pyjamas.

Small comfort I suppose, but it put a big oul smile on my face when I imagined Seanie getting his wakeup call this morning. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Hold on...I just heard on the news that he was 'arrested by appointment'. This is disgusting - if anyone else were to be arrested, the Guards would kick down their door and take them in. Why is he allowed this leeway?

And please, stop calling him "Seany Fitz", as if you're giving him some sort of fame and celebrity - the man deserves no such thing; he's a vile creature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Can we not get him on treason as based on his actions among other people, we have been forced to hand over economic control to another entity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Hold on...I just heard on the news that he was 'arrested by appointment'. This is disgusting - if anyone else were to be arrested, the Guards would kick down their door and take them in. Why is he allowed this leeway?
    They pulled him in at 8am apparently. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

For what crime and based on what evidence

Insider trading is what I would be looking for.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Insider trading is what I would be looking for.

Thats another scenario thats likely to stretch far and wide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Seanie released today. File being sent to the DPP. Will anything come of it? Will he be charged?

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current-affairs/177501-seanie-released-file-being-prepared-director-public-prosecutions.html

There are so much more people involved in the pyramid property scheme and not just Fitzpatrick eg. the ex financial regulator for one. Bertie Ahern
    Why aren't they up for negligance?

Advertisement