Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Calhoun wrote: »
    Same thinking of subbing to do the storyline. Just playing through kotor atm.

Considering they're giving 1200% xp for playing the story for the next while you could get through all the story without grinding at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Varik wrote: »
    Considering they're giving 1200% xp for playing the story for the next while you could get through all the story without grinding at all.

That's the plan, say what you want about it as an mmo I quite like the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone know how long more the 1200% XP bonus lasts? Planning to come back the week after next.

Anyone know how long more the 1200% XP bonus lasts? Planning to come back the week after next.

A bit before expansionrelease, says on their site.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm flying through the Knight and Smuggler stories at the moment, and it's great. Get to skip the majority of sidequests, and just enjoy the story. Will do an Agent or bounty Hunter run though after this.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm flying through the Knight and Smuggler stories at the moment, and it's great. Get to skip the majority of sidequests, and just enjoy the story. Will do an Agent or bounty Hunter run though after this.

What server.

Is the group finder while leveling still crap

I'm on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. And the group finder seemed like it worked reasonable well when i used it once for a low level instance. With how fast you level through class quests, you really don't need to do them (unless you want to of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Agent is ment to have the best story in the game but Iv not played it personally.

Bounty Hunter starts out great but gets boring as hell midways. I lost all interest in continuing the story midways through Hoth and not even the Jawa companion which I really wanted was enough to keep me playing.

Sith Sorcerer is really cool but if you play a totally OTT evil bastard, its story becomes truly epic :)

I'm on Tomb of Freedon Nadd. And the group finder seemed like it worked reasonable well when i used it once for a low level instance. With how fast you level through class quests, you really don't need to do them (unless you want to of course).

Went back to play a bit after it went f2p, heard people complain as well but my problems may have been more to do with me trying group finder with a dps.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Subscribed earlier in the week and having fun with the agent story line.

How are people dealing with gear as they progress through the story with the extra xp?

I'm finding I fly through the levels but am very under-geared.

• Advertisement

How are people dealing with gear as they progress through the story with the extra xp?

I'm finding I fly through the levels but am very under-geared.

That's the biggest issue i have. You can keep some of your gear really up to date with Commendations, but the rest gets pretty under levelled. I've taken to buying gear in the AH when i see it, to keep me and my companions geared up. Costs a fair amount of money though, and since you're not doing may quests, you don't earn that much.

I've been keeping all the drops i find though, and storing them for my other alts. That's helped a little bit.

That's the biggest issue i have. You can keep some of your gear really up to date with Commendations, but the rest gets pretty under levelled. I've taken to buying gear in the AH when i see it, to keep me and my companions geared up. Costs a fair amount of money though, and since you're not doing may quests, you don't earn that much.

I've been keeping all the drops i find though, and storing them for my other alts. That's helped a little bit.

Try getting orange modable items and using what you do loot or receive as quest rewards to upgrade there augments. Crafting will get you some augs as well as buying from AH or comms vendors.

I'm on Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

Not much choice I see now, only 3 English now. Still have some characters assigned to Basilisk droid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I went with the American realms think I'm on an rp one due to the population. As I'm only story moding it doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

L12 now on "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" .

IGN is "Dagada"

I switch between my Knight and Trooper at the moment, though i've not logged in for a few days as i'm getting stuck into Destiny.

You playing Republic or Empire?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I switch between my Knight and Trooper at the moment, though i've not logged in for a few days as i'm getting stuck into Destiny.

Empire.

For the Knight and Trooper what are you playing Dps/tank/healer

Started a sith sorcerer and restarted my Smuggler, both very fun. Stealth with the Smuggler and the ability to nuke large groups with sorcerer.

Got Knight sentinel to 51 and got back into my 38 trooper vanguard.

I'm definitely going to do a super evil Sorcerer playthrough at some stage, as i've heard you can be hilariously evil. Will also do the Agent, as it's apparently the best story of the lot. Want to get my Knight to max level though, just to have that done.

Thank god for 12x exp :)

I'm definitely going to do a super evil Sorcerer playthrough at some stage, as i've heard you can be hilariously evil. Will also do the Agent, as it's apparently the best story of the lot. Want to get my Knight to max level though, just to have that done.

What advance class did you choose for the Knight.

My Smuggler was level 3 when i restarted, did 1 misson and its up to 7, really easy to spot subscribers they're the ones 5-10 levels above the content.

Only thing showing you down is when you're such a high level that 12x times 1xp is still only 12xp.

• Advertisement

Someone mentioned that free players still get the coins when they use a security key, not sure if true. Thought you'd need to sub to get one.

Got 100 from achievements so far, will probably continue subbing for the next month or 2 as the new expansuon looks good and while not gear well I'll have a few characters ready.

Not sure if allowed so I'll ask first, are referrals permitted. Assumption is no, especially on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Someone mentioned that free players still get the coins when they use a security key, not sure if true. Thought you'd need to sub to get one.

Can confirm this is true, but you can only add a security key while subbed and the amount is only 100 CCs IIRC.

Can confirm this is true, but you can only add a security key while subbed and the amount is only 100 CCs IIRC.

Why oh why did i remove it when i was subscribed last I'd a few coins going now.

Just got to 55 with my knight and the 12x has stopped, it said upto 50 but it kept going till 55.

Just got to 55 with my knight and the 12x has stopped, it said upto 50 but it kept going till 55.

It's stops when your able to start the Revan expansion missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Re-subbed to this after about 2 years away from it. Tried to go straight into the Shadow of Revan storyline with my Lvl 55 Sentinel with full Columni gear and got wiped. :rolleyes: Then realised the vendor had better gear that I grabbed.

Just trying to get back into the hang of it now with a couple of flashpoints to get my rotations down again.

The 12xp story boost is also amazing ran through the first planet with anew smuggler in about 3 hours and it was much more fun than having to grind all the sidequests.

Been subbed the last 2 months, haven't played much this m month but going to try to get lvl 40 trooper and 35 Smuggler up next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

KOTFE is looking pretty good so far!

It's very good from what i can see. Still haven't done the new content, but the streamlined levelling is much better, with most side quests not even appearing on the map anymore (bar class stories, planet arcs and heroics (which you can immediately warp to)). Makes playing through the class stories very enjoyable. The only issue i have is sticking with one character long enough to get to the KotFE content (will probably stick with my Knight once i'm through the SoR content).

Companions are unkillable machines though, so there's pretty much no difficulty for the solo content. Still fun though. Knights of the Old Republic was simple, and everyone still loved that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's very good from what i can see. Still haven't done the new content, but the streamlined levelling is much better, with most side quests not even appearing on the map anymore (bar class stories, planet arcs and heroics (which you can immediately warp to)). Makes playing through the class stories very enjoyable. The only issue i have is sticking with one character long enough to get to the KotFE content (will probably stick with my Knight once i'm through the SoR content).

Companions are unkillable machines though, so there's pretty much no difficulty for the solo content. Still fun though. Knights of the Old Republic was simple, and everyone still loved that.

I like playing through all the side-quests and generally exploring the world rather than getting into a race to get to the end. So it's a pity that missions are cloaked for want of a better term to use.

Whilst I'm only around level 39 now, the one big change I have noticed is in my companions. They are combat demons now, where before I'd really have to think about tackling a mission or mobs by myself. Heroic 2+? Pfffft, I'll solo that thanks, etc.

Advertisement