Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Difference between Golf GT TDI and standard TDI

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

coylemj wrote: »
    I may have implied that the only way to get the armrest was to buy SatNav, let me clarify.....

The armrest was bundled with SatNav but if you didn't want SatNav you could buy the armrest as a separate item.

Probably to do with the aux in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Twin turbo golf you say? VW Only do two twin turbo engines in a VW and they are the 5.0 V10 TDI and a 4.2 V8 TDI both diesels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

heate wrote: »
    Twin turbo golf you say? VW Only do two twin turbo engines in a VW and they are the 5.0 V10 TDI and a 4.2 V8 TDI both diesels

Twin charged not twin turbo, the 170 in both petrol and diesel have a turbo charger and a super charger, the 140s only have the turbo charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

VW 1 wrote: »

Twin charged not twin turbo, the 170 in both petrol and diesel have a turbo charger and a super charger, the 140s only have the turbo charger.
    That sounds rather complicated has it imploded on anyone yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

That sounds rather complicated has it imploded on anyone yet?

Not unheard of hence why they no longer sell it:pac:

German engineering at its best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Thought the 140's were twin charged aswell , the 122bhp's being turbo only?
    170 twin charged diesel , never heard of that either...
    VW 1 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭VW 1

cyborg wrote: »
    Thought the 140's were twin charged aswell , the 122bhp's being turbo only?
    170 twin charged diesel , never heard of that either...

I've a 140 petrol and there isnt a supercharger as far as I'm aware..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Cyborg is correct, the 1.4 TSI is twin charged in 140 and 170ps versions.

TDI 170 is just turbocharged, no supercharger.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭scottp68877

Sorry for bringing up such an old thread but didn't want to start a new one. I'm just wondering if there is a way to tell the difference in a gttdi or tdi engine in a golf? I know there's the badges but I mean by actually looking at the engine such as a number on it or something that's different between the two of them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

What year golf are you talking about?

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    What year golf are you talking about?

It's 99 gttdi 110 on logbook but I think it could be 90 bhp engine.

no such thing as a gt-tdi in the mk4. It will either be comfort line or high line spec.

Engine codes for 90bhp are AGR and ALH

Codes for 110 bhp are AHF and ASV

They can usually be found on the data sticker in the boot and on the timing belt cover

no such thing as a gt-tdi in the mk4. It will either be comfort line or high line spec.

They can usually be found on the data sticker in the boot and on the timing belt cover

That's great thanks but there just to tell you there is gt-tdi in mk4. That's whats wrote on the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

The GT bit was added by the dealer network here, at most it might have a couple of bits of trim that weren't standard on the TDI, but even that would be a push for most of them. It was a gimmick created by them to make the TDI more desirable and funnily enough it seems to have worked on some people and did back then too...

dar83 wrote: »
    The GT bit was added by the dealer network here, at most it might have a couple of bits of trim that weren't standard on the TDI, but even that would be a push for most of them. It was a gimmick created by them to make the TDI more desirable and funnily enough it seems to have worked on some people and did back then too...
    I guess I'm wrong then :( I guess I'm one of those people

dar83 wrote: »
    exactly!
    The only golf diesel to be anything other than tdi were some of the 150bhp ones which were gti tdi on the data sticker. The data sticker is what to go off not the log book!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1991cdj

you can get the gt tdi in 110bhp I have one. They were the first ones to come out and are 5 speed. The 115, 130 and 150 gt tdi's are all 6 speed.

picture of the data sticker please stating it's a gt-tdi??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 1991cdj

I can't post pictures on here , I have the log book here in front of me saying its a 1.9 gt tdi 110bhp. Your right about the engine code its AHF. The PD engines are the 115, 130, 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

1991cdj wrote: »
    I can't post pictures on here , I have the log book here in front of me saying its a 1.9 gt tdi 110bhp. Your right about the engine code its AHF. The PD engines are the 115, 130, 150

We're talking about the data sticker on the car itself.

My car is a 760 on the logbook, while it's a 750.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

1991cdj wrote: »

Never trust the logbook. My car was down as an estate on the logbook when its a hatchback. I got it changed to the correct one in case any insurance company used the logbook data for a quote.

Another time when registering an imported car Revenue here got the original registration date in the UK wrong, despite us having the V5 and the original receipt for the car on their counter....

1991cdj wrote:
    I can't post pictures on here

build up your post count!! I want to see that data sticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Log books are nothing to go by there is so many mistakes on logbooks, like the navy 'anniversary' mk4 that was for sale a while back. There is no such thing as a gt tdi. It was a thing English dealers did. There is baseline, comfort line and highline. Your data sticker will say one of these.

As mentioned before the only diesel mk4 to be branded gti was the anniversary pd150. Which is wrong imo as the GTI badge should only go on petrols.

On another note there must be boxes of spare I's lying around in English dealerships!

Advertisement