Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finished for Christmas?

Options
  • 06-12-2011 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

So when does everyone finish up for Christmas this year? I'm a student myself and not finishing until the 21st

Just wondering when people finish up work in general this year?

Comments

I'm a student.

& I'm finished nowwwwwwwwwwwww till january...

Why do you feel the need to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

working right through the christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last day of work before Christmas will be Friday 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm finished on the 22nd! Yipee! We get an extra day cos Christmas Eve is on a Saturday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm finishing on 22nd or 23rd and not coming back until early January, woohoo! My boyfriend is working every day except New Years Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I am a care assistant, last year I worked all across Christmas so I could have this year off (got married this year etc) and the only day I have off is the 25th!!

Literally working from the 21st-29th - rubbish!!

I am finishing on Thursday the 22nd and am back on Tuesday the 3rd.

Our boss told us all to take Friday the 23rd off as an extra day - the joys of working a bankrupt company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hopefully Wednesday the 21st will be our last day. It's undecided yet, we might have to work Thursday the 22nd too. Then off until January 3rd. Woo! I did have to take annual leave to cover the 28th, 29th and 30th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Finishing up on Thurday 22 at 5pm and not back until thursday the 5th at 6-30am :( The business will be open befor that but I just won't be on. So looking forward to the break, infact just cannot wait for log lie ins, lazy lunchs, reading and far to much wine... pure bliss.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I only get Christmas Day and Stephen's Day off. Meh. :(

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »

That's something Posy at least - lots of people don't even get Christmas Day or Stephens Day off;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Posy wrote: »

Oh boo :( Do you work in retail? I worked in retail for years and had the same deal for Christmas. Not fun.

I worked in retail two Christmasses, the second one was in a city a 4.5 hour bus ride from my family home, some other people were living similar distances away. When I realised my boss had no intention of letting anyone go before 8pm on Christmas Eve, when we were likely to miss the last bus home I quit :o Hehe, Christmas vs income, I have interesting priorities!

Acoshla wrote: »
    I worked in retail two Christmasses, the second one was in a city a 4.5 hour bus ride from my family home, some other people were living similar distances away. When I realised my boss had no intention of letting anyone go before 8pm on Christmas Eve, when we were likely to miss the last bus home I quit :o Hehe, Christmas vs income, I have interesting priorities!

That's ridiculous Acoshla! you should have been allowed go if it's your last bus!

leahyl wrote: »
    That's ridiculous Acoshla! you should have been allowed go if it's your last bus!

Yeah he wouldn't let us go, think there were 3 of us out of a staff of about 20 that weren't from the city, all our buses were due to leave from 7pm to 9pm, but we were worried we wouldn't make the 8.15pm onwards ones and couldn't leave any earlier than that. He let some with children go earlier but us young ones weren't given any options.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yeah he wouldn't let us go, think there were 3 of us out of a staff of about 20 that weren't from the city, all our buses were due to leave from 7pm to 9pm, but we were worried we wouldn't make the 8.15pm onwards ones and couldn't leave any earlier than that. He let some with children go earlier but us young ones weren't given any options.

That is so annoying - so if you miss your bus you're just meant to be stranded away from your family for Christmas?! It really annoys me when people with children get priority, I mean I can understand if there are no people living far away that the people with children would probably get priority but in your case there were only 3 that were living a distance away - would it have killed them to let ye go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'm still on my christmas break from last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Finishing up this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Friday week, the 16th is my last day, but I drew the short straw and have to come back for the short week between Christmas and New Year. It's not too bad, there's always a bit of a party atmosphere that week, and very little work will get done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Have an unofficial half day on the 23rd and off until the 3rd! It's my first christmas eve off since i was 15 (12 years ago!!) because i worked in retail from age 16 til 23 then in my new job i always we work christmas eve! But as it falls on a sat.............!!

I really cant wait as my little girl is nearly 2 and a half so having the eve off for the first time in years coupled with her and the OH is really going to mean a lot this year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Depending on how the work load on Christmas week is shaping up, we should be done by the 21st. Hopefully. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Im in 6th year and the rest of the school finishes on the 20th or 21st (can't remember) but we're in till the 23rd :(
    I cannot WAIT for a holiday, Im completely exhausted!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

:D:D:D I'm finished now for the XMAS till the ninth of January 2012 ( well two days to do teh 19th and 20th)

before i'm lynched :eek::eek::eek: i'm off next week as we're waiting on a delivery literally - our new baby to make an appearance (almost a week overdue now) so i keep loads of hols for Christmas this year

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Off the 23rd and 24th of December but working the 25th and 26th :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Off on the twenty third and back on the third.

I CANNOT WAIT :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Finished the 22nd, back the 9th

One good thing about school is the daycentt Christmas holidays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I'm a student and my last exam is tomorrow, don't fly home till Thursday though! Fly back on the 6th January, start back the 9th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Friday 23rd heading for pints with me old fella after work :) back to work Tuesday 3rd roll on Friday week!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

5pm on Christmas Eve, back at 9 on the 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I work nights so finshed on Christmas morning and back to work on the 26th. Can't wait for the christmas season:( I am off for new years weekend so have moved christmas day to new years days so I can celebrate it wilthout falling asleep:)

Advertisement