Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3:30 or bust!

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Best of luck with the new targets J. I will be following your new blog with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Best of luck with it, will be dropping by to see how it's progressing. I think the longer term view your taking is the definitely right strategy. When I formulated my own plan it was with the longer term view as well, by gradually taking 5 to 10 minute chunks of the PB at a time, hopefully then going sub 3 in DCM this year but if not Spring 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Good luck belcarra, will follow your blog, sub 3 will be no problem to you. Start with the shorter distances and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

I've just been to visit you in your new home.... Very swanky indeed and it looks like you have settled in well:D

Very, very best of luck with the sub 3, it will be no bother to you.

See you in Donadea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

belcarra wrote: »
    The challenge is to go sub 3hrs by mid 2014 and the new home is: sub3hrs.blogspot.ie

Ciao!

I only found your log(s) recently and I'm working my way thru, they have some classic posts - it's very encouraging for a newbie like me, best of luck with the new blog -very swish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Ooooo....nice digs!! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

neilc wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, will be dropping by to see how it's progressing. I think the longer term view your taking is the definitely right strategy. When I formulated my own plan it was with the longer term view as well, by gradually taking 5 to 10 minute chunks of the PB at a time, hopefully then going sub 3 in DCM this year but if not Spring 2014.

Yep, I figure I took 31 mins off for NYC, 10mins off for Cork, 15mins off that again for Valencia so if I get another 11mins off for Rotterdam and then another 7 mins off for Chicago I'd be happy.
    Although, depending on what shape I'm in come October I may become more optimistic again!;)

Walkedit wrote: »
    I only found your log(s) recently and I'm working my way thru, they have some classic posts - it's very encouraging for a newbie like me, best of luck with the new blog -very swish!

Thanks Walkedit. I paced the 5hr gang in Dublin this year and I think I saw you at the start as you had your username on the t-shirt. Keep it going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

turncoat:D,,,,next ul be joinin the 100mara club,,,,,nice blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Good luck with the blog John. In the process of setting one up myself for the craic. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Good luck with the blog John. In the process of setting one up myself for the craic. :rolleyes:

I settled for Blogger in the end but while most of it is pretty straight forward there are a few dumb design issues such as difficulty in constructing tables, etc. (Similar to here but more difficult to cog someone else's table design on blogger!)

I'll keep an eye out for your blog to rob a few more ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Nice indeed. Are you yoo good for us now over here in plainlogland ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Only catching up now on your log or should I call it your ex-log :( Best of luck with the sub3 goal!

Nice indeed. Are you yoo good for us now over here in plainlogland ? :D

I keep reading that as Legoland...if only!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of Luck for Sunday Belcarra:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I cant wait to see you reach your target. You have worked so hard and deserve every bit of satisfaction. I hope you enjoy a brilliant day out .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Younganne wrote: »
    Best of Luck for Sunday Belcarra:D

...but don't go too fast as some of us don't want to be embarrassed by the culchie! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Best of luck with it. Looking forward to the report!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

good luck on sunday,,and i echo raccoon's sentiments:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Best of luck on Sunday to you Belcarra.
    Tell Phil, Alan King also says good luck - he better do it this time ('cos he's crap at football).

• Advertisement

Anto & Medbh - Hopefully I'll have a nice photo of a Mayo flag crossing the finish line in under 3:15 come Sunday!
    (I'll pass it on to one of the pacers if I'm struggling!!)

I was half thinking of pulling out of the race just so I could go to Croker and watch the Green & Red give the Jackeens a thorough drubbing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Best of luck Sunday Belcarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Mayo - ah here leave it out!

Looking forward to hooking up, hopefully it's celebrations all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭breffni blue

Best of luck John, hope ya nail it.....

Advertisement