Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best spoof stories you've ever heard

Options
  • 05-12-2011 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭

I used to work with a guy who used to tell a serious amount of spoof stories.

My favourite one was that his brother was excellent at snooker, he used to get 147s (this is the maximum score you can get in a frame of snooker) the whole time, but they were so poor back in the day, his father didn't have the money to fund his brother to pursue a snooker career.

Another one he used to come out with was that when he was younger, he had trials for Man United, but he broke his leg on the first day of the trial and it ruined his career.

Quality stuff, all you could do was laugh at him.

So AHer's, what is the best spoof story you've heard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

This thread will have lots of religious references :P

I tend to forget peoples bull**** stories. Some people are addicted to it. It can be extremely annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Both those stories are fairly plausible.. well not sure about the snooker one, not sure how much investment a career would require, though if you're getting 147s all the time I'm sure you'd find the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

We had a teacher in secondary (actually had the nickname Harry Spoof) who used to come out with some whoppers.

The only one I remember is him telling us a story about when he was a small child he got his first wristwatch. He cherished the thing. One day he was at the beach with his family and he lost the watch whilst playing. He had a look for it but couldn't find it anywhere. Time came and the family to go home and he had to leave without his beloved watch.

Anyway time passed, he grew up, forgot about his loss and got on with his life. One day (about 20 years later iirc) he was back at the same beach and what should he see sticking out of the sand but his long-lost timepiece (and still working of course).

Now I'm not calling him a liar.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Something about Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Jahsus, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A friend of mine was talking to a friend of a friend he'd met a few times before.

He was talking about the time he'd met the lead singer of a then-famous band after a concert, and had a chat with him.

The friend of a friend listened patiently, then when my friend had finished his story, smiled and informed him that the story was exactly the same, down to the minute details, as an encounter he had had about a year previous and told my friend about, who had obviously forgotten who had told him the anecdote and passed it off as his own!

He used to be full of such stuff, usually centring around knowing famous people, feats of derring-do and his prowess with the ladies (all of which went unseen by others, strangely), though I don't think he spoofs so much anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

If anyone here went to Marian College the name Bullsh!t Bob will ring a bell. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I used to work with a guy who used to tell a serious amount of spoof stories.

My favourite one was that his brother was excellent at snooker, he used to get 147s (this is the maximum score you can get in a frame of snooker) the whole time, but they were so poor back in the day, his father didn't have the money to fund his brother to pursue a snooker career.

Another one he used to come out with was that when he was younger, he had trials for Man United, but he broke his leg on the first day of the trial and it ruined his career.

Quality stuff, all you could do was laugh at him.

You're one twisted individual to laugh at those tales. What horrible stories :(. Sounds like him and his brother had such bright futures ahead of them. It's a cruel world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TinfoilTinman

A friend of mine was talking to a friend of a friend he'd met a few times before.

He was talking about the time he'd met the lead singer of a then-famous band after a concert, and had a chat with him.

The friend of a friend listened patiently, then when my friend had finished his story, smiled and informed him that the story was exactly the same, down to the minute details, as an encounter he had had about a year previous and told my friend about, who had obviously forgotten who had told him the anecdote and passed it off as his own!

He used to be full of such stuff, usually centring around knowing famous people, feats of derring-do and his prowess with the ladies (all of which went unseen by others, strangely), though I don't think he spoofs so much anymore.

That reminds me.

I was friends with a lad that who would steal my stories and pass them off as his own. I was always afraid he'd kill me and take my identity.

A spoofer I lived with tried to get out of work when he found a pair of crutches in our shed. He claimed to have an ankle injury from tennis. He only ended up getting away with a week off work and had to go to work pretending to need these crutches EVERY DAY for about a month out of fear of being seen by his coworkers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

You're one twisted individual to laugh at those tales. What horrible stories :(. Sounds like him and his brother had such bright futures ahead of them. It's a cruel world :(
    I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but the title of the thread is SPOOF stories. These stories he told were fabricated :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dotrel wrote: »
    We had a teacher in secondary (actually had the nickname Harry Spoof) who used to come out with some whoppers.

The only one I remember is him telling us a story about when he was a small child he got his first wristwatch. He cherished the thing. One day he was at the beach with his family and he lost the watch whilst playing. He had a look for it but couldn't find it anywhere. Time came and the family to go home and he had to leave without his beloved watch.

Anyway time passed, he grew up, forgot about his loss and got on with his life. One day (about 20 years later iirc) he was back at the same beach and what should he see sticking out of the sand but his long-lost timepiece (and still working of course).

Now I'm not calling him a liar.....

Not impossible I would say...

Anyhow, we got a cat years ago, had her for about 6 months and we all loved her, kids were mad about her. One day we noticed she wasnt around and of course days passed and we knew she was missing... Put up signs in shops, asked locals had they seen her, no luck. Well we moved house a year later, about 20 miles away. On the first night in our new house, guess who was in our back garden! We couldn't believe our eyes. She was on top of a neighbors shed and was afraid to come near us, she just sat there staring intently at us, but when we called her name she definitely remembered it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Pretty much anything said by Ahern and FF over the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

A lad I know was in court for stealing a box sun tan lotion. When asked by the judge why he needed stl and why so much of it he replied, "coz I'm going on holidays to the states judge and because I'm a very large man (he meant fat) I thought id need the whole box.
    The judge didnt fall for it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious but the title of the thread is SPOOF stories. These stories he told were fabricated :confused:

:rolleyes:

(I love you really :P)

When I was 7, I was friends with a lad in my class who told me some of the biggest spoof stories I've ever heard.

He told me that he'd been to the moon, he'd beat up 17 gypsies on his own, he had a secret tunnel in his house which went to New York, and he used to speak to The Rock from WWF on the phone for 10 minutes every night :D. Unfortunately I was at that age where I couldn't figure out whether he was lying or not. He had most of the class fooled because he could tell the stories so convincingly.

Yer man in question is in prison now though. Got 2 years for doing a robbery. Maybe he's relaying those stories to his cellmate right now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

A man called Brian Lenihan once stood up in the Dail and told the country that we had turned a corner.....best spoof I EVER heard....hasn't been topped yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

A lad I know told us he did this to himself when we were talking about these ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Anyhow, we got a cat years ago, had her for about 6 months and we all loved her, kids were mad about her. One day we noticed she wasnt around and of course days passed and we knew she was missing... Put up signs in shops, asked locals had they seen her, no luck. Well we moved house a year later, about 20 miles away. On the first night in our new house, guess who was in our back garden! We couldn't believe our eyes. She was on top of a neighbors shed and was afraid to come near us, she just sat there staring intently at us, but when we called her name she definitely remembered it!

Who told ya that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Domo230 wrote: »
    I read about this woman who got pregnant from an affair, claimed god had impregnated her and that her child was the son of god.

Yeah, I heard that one, too. Her husband was a carpenter, who never even got the leg over her, but he believed her and helped bring up the sprog, who turned out to be a bit of a wonder, but came to a sticky end when he pissed off the ruling classes ...

You couldn't out-spoof that!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Live with a lad who told me when he went bowling one day he accidentally threw the ball into the other unused lane beside his and knocked the power out to the whole bowling alley.He comes up with 2 or 3 stories a day which I know are complete bull.I just nod and smile and let him tell his fairytales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard that one, too. Her husband was a carpenter, who never even got the leg over her, but he believed her and helped bring up the sprog, who turned out to be a bit of a wonder, but came to a sticky end when he pissed off the ruling classes ...

You couldn't out-spoof that!:rolleyes:

They did DNA tests and apparently that carpenter was the ascendant of the freakenstein in this video.

(the carpenter was bitten a fly that got trapped in some amber for thousands of year or something, yeah that'll do)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I had a priest who told me he had sweets in his pocket, it was actually a penis, oh priests:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

John Doe1 wrote: »
    I had a priest who told me he had sweets in his pocket, it was actually a penis, oh priests:rolleyes:
    I lol'd hard at this.

The comedy in AH has been great tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Who told ya that? :pac:

Sorry that was actually a true story, off topic I know. Just the story about the watch reminded me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

A boy I went to school with told us his dad had a canon that fired dead bodies up in to space. His nan also saw a missile whizz past (slowly whizz) her front window. Oh, and that he knew a shortcut from Rathfarnham to Bray. The last one made the teacher finally snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

''Yes to Jobs..Yes to Lisbon'' was the greatest spoof I ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

''Yes to Jobs..Yes to Lisbon'' was the greatest spoof I ever heard

Surely playing for Ireland when you're about as Irish as Gandhi must be up there as a great spoof, eh Tony ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Had a geography teacher who tried to convince us Vertical Limit was filmed live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I shared a room with a compulsive liar for a year.

She told me her mother was allergic to water on her skin (she could drink it but had to use special creams to wash) - her mother was the cleaner in our school.

She also told me that the acid in her stomach was eating some muscle alive and if she didn't take Rennie and Actimel daily, she'd have to have an operation where she would be opened up for 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

War of the Worlds

Orson Welles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I had this crazy friend that used to steal my stories.

One time he told me this story about how he met a really famous rock star. I just listened to the whole story and then I was like "that's my story pal, that happened to me last year. I told you that story".

Another time he told me that his brother was excellent at snooker and used to get 147s all the time but his dad at the time was too poor to get him into the professional snooker game.

It was actually me that was really good at pool and my current dad at that time that was too poor to get me into the professional snooker game.

I get 147s all the time. Every time I play snooker I get a 147.

This other time Freddy Mercury ate my hamster out of Richard Gere.

Feckin' story stealin' b*stards.

Advertisement