Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping out your worst enemy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Good question. The right thing to do in most situations is to help out your fellow man. It feels really good to help somebody who maybe doesn't deserve it, and then see them drop their defences and reveal that insecurity was the only reason for their negative behaviour to begin with. The face people show to the world is often a lot harder than the reality, and sometimes when you show them that you will accept the weaker but kinder and more honest reality, they open up to you.

Very few people really want to be pricks, fewer still want to stay that way.

Solid post. Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

I would relish the thought of saving the life of someone who hated me,relish it.

They're your worst enemy for a reason aren't they?

There's one girl who made my life during college (not uni.. never!) complete & utter hell.

I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They're your worst enemy for a reason aren't they?

There's one girl who made my life during college (not uni.. never!) complete & utter hell.

I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

Would you sh1t?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'd help them because I'm not a spiteful w@nker.

Also, would be deadly to have the upperhand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Unfortunately yes i would, it would probably be worse for them to have to ask for my help.
    I could not see someone suffer, having said that I don't hate anyone, i might dislike a few people but would still help if they asked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It would depend. If it was something that I could do and would have little or a small impact on me, then I'd do it. However if it was something major like, as you mention, giving them a large sum of money for a drug debt and cripple myself financially, I wouldn't.

Same with if they're drowning, if it were in a swimming pool and there was no real risk to me, I'd do it. But I wouldn't jump into a flooded river or put myself at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 poppyseeder

No I wouldn't help,even in a life or death situation..this particular person has ruined more lives than I care to think about and has yet to reap what he has sown.Makes me want to believe in god just so he can burn in hell.On a lighter note,generally speaking I would help anyone else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Conan the Barbarian summed it up nicely whan asked What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I try not to hate anyone, as it is too strong an emotion to waste on someone. However, there are several people I quite dislike. However, if they were in trouble (depends what kind of trouble) and I could give them a helping hand I would.

I suppose I look at my Mother. She is a walking saint, always willing to do a good turn for someone and help them out. I've often seen her go to hell and back for someone who has been nasty to her or done her a bad turn in the past and when I've asked her why she's done it, she always replies with "we'll you'd like to see no one in a spot of bother".

I hope if I'm ever in a situation like that I can show some compassion too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

no, theyre an enemy for a good reason, well to me anyway as i dont hate anyone unless its entirely 100% justifiable.

plus, assuming they have done something on you or interfered with your life in a bad way/s etc etc, then how would you know that they would do the same for you if you needed help, or if they did help, how do you know theyre not just going to make it worse for their own benefit or something like that.

someone does something on you for absolutly no reason with no remorse whatsoever, then more fool you for helping them when they need it tbh, and yes i would have been the nice, forgive and forget type person up to this year, wont be doing that at all so willingly in the future

i really do hope theres such a thing as karma

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I wouldn't help the cùnts even if they got on their knees and begged. It would actually enrage me if they came to me looking for help.

I could have them in my debt but knowing the people I know I'd never see said debt repaid.

Unless it was a matter of life & death I'd let them be fùcked, wouldn't break my heart one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

After years of marriage, came out that my uncle-in-law (17stone fat f*ck) was beating my aunt (8stone, 5'3").

I'd bury the c*nt myself, no questions asked. Unfortunately not worth passing up my own life in prison for. However if I saw him facing certain death, I'd do absolutely nothing to help him.

I hold grudges against people that cross me - why bother with someone who's willing to hurt you? F*ck them - let them suffer as they've made you suffer. This turn the other cheek stuff is BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

There’s only one person I hate. I went out for him for about 2 months and finished it in a nice way (I didn’t do anything nasty or cheat on him) but he just would not accept it and harassed me for months.

I worked with him and I’d spend the day getting abusive e mails off him, then as soon as I left work my phone would start hopping with texts and calls that I never answered. When he saw me outside a nightclub he got me by the throat and went to hit me til my friend ran over and he ran away. He had other people phoning up threatening to glass me in the face and kept turning up outside my house shouting abuse. He told everyone in work he dumped me and I wouldn’t leave him alone, and he raced to tell any new starters in the job a load of lies and tried to turn them all against me. I had to work with him for a few years after that and I absolutely detest the sight of him. Even the sound of his stupid voice makes my blood boil.

If I saw him dying in the street I’d walk on by.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

I don't know really...I voted I'd help...and I'd like to think I would

Like if someones life was in imminent danger drowning, fire etc there's no way I wouldn't try to help them no matter how much I hated them.

But see I don't think I'd lend them money if they were in trouble with drug dealers or something...so guess I'm not as nice as I'd like to be

Advertisement