Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helping out your worst enemy

Options
  • 05-12-2011 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Just reading the first few pages of the stingy people thread, and Biggins' comments on his mother in law gave me the idea to start this one :)

If someone you absolutely despised desperately needed help - like say they were up shít creek without a paddle, I'm talking drug debts/drowning/you name it here - would you help them out? Or do you despise that one person to such an extent that you'd alert the dealers/push them under/you name it? And what did this person do to gain top spot on your hit list?

Cmon, this is AH! We all have our skeletons in the closet :D

I'll start it off. The person I despise the most didn't really do much, I repeated my leaving in a really scummy area and it was a lot of little things, I'd say nearly breaking my nose when I refused to stand and fight him was probably the most notable example. I'd help him out as I haven't seen him for half a year now and I don't really hold grudges. Though I'm in uni now while he's on the dole, and I have no shame in admitting this pleases me :D

Well, would you? 102 votes

No, I'd laugh at their misery :D
    0% 0 votes
    Yeah, no one deserves that level of revenge.
    59% 61 votes
    I don't care, what a stupid idea for a thread. You moron.
    17% 18 votes
    Atari jaguar
    22% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Sorry OP, I'm not helping you, no matter what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nope. Fcuk em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Sorry OP, I'm not helping you, no matter what it is

Oh how I lold. not really.

Damn, meant to add a poll, can't figure out how to edit one in now. Ah well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

I dunno, if I could I would probably help anyone that asked me for help. the amount of effort I put in to helping said person is determined on wether I like them or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Fbjm wrote: »
    Oh how I lold. not really.

Damn, meant to add a poll, can't figure out how to edit one in now. Ah well :D

Just above the OP on the right is thread tools, it's in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Though I'm in uni now while he's on the dole, and I have no shame in admitting this pleases me :D

He's already ahead of you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

They are your worst enemy for a reason - they deserve the consequences.

Let them burn in hell for all I care

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Option 3 was too tempting to resist :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I don't hate anyone enough to let them die if I could help it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Good question. The right thing to do in most situations is to help out your fellow man. It feels really good to help somebody who maybe doesn't deserve it, and then see them drop their defences and reveal that insecurity was the only reason for their negative behaviour to begin with. The face people show to the world is often a lot harder than the reality, and sometimes when you show them that you will accept the weaker but kinder and more honest reality, they open up to you.

Very few people really want to be pricks, fewer still want to stay that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Very much depends on the circumstances.

Drug debts would be given a wide berth by me. Anyone into drugs to the point where they are in debt to a dealer is f*cked and would be beyond my help.

Most other things considered but depends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I couldn't let someone die but all the rest I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Just reading the first few pages of the stingy people thread, and Biggins' comments on his mother in law gave me the idea to start this one :)

If someone you absolutely despised desperately needed help - like say they were up shít creek without a paddle, I'm talking drug debts/drowning/you name it here - would you help them out? Or do you despise that one person to such an extent that you'd alert the dealers/push them under/you name it? And what did this person do to gain top spot on your hit list?

Cmon, this is AH! We all have our skeletons in the closet :D

I'll start it off. The person I despise the most didn't really do much, I repeated my leaving in a really scummy area and it was a lot of little things, I'd say nearly breaking my nose when I refused to stand and fight him was probably the most notable example. I'd help him out as I haven't seen him for half a year now and I don't really hold grudges. Though I'm in uni now while he's on the dole, and I have no shame in admitting this pleases me :D

Good replies so far, but let's keep it interesting! Give us some stories lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'd love to have my enemy in Debt to me,that'd be much better satisfaction bailing him/her out than letting somebody else destroy their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There are a couple of people I would have killed if I could have gotten away with it at one time or another. But as time passed, that subsided to imagining that if they were at my mercy, I wouldn't save them even if it were no risk to myself. Now I would save them, I suppose, but wouldn't put myself at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

Hmmm where do I start. Well the person who I would NEVER help in any situation is one of the most vile people I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. This person makes it her life ambition to make other peoples lives a misery. Spends most of her time plotting and planning.

She attacked me for no reason when I was pregnant and since then I have completely cut off all contact. I never want anything to do with her again.

And yes I do hope a big truck load of karma would arrive at her door. I'd love nothing more than to see her suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

hate to say i'd be indifferent to their suffering. I'd rather help a real friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Though I'm in uni
    I hate the word uni. When did this start creeping in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

If they were drowning or if their life was in another immediate danger then yeah would more than likely do what I could to save them.

Otherwise, feck em.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I wouldn't laugh in their misery, but I wouldn't help them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

After the last year of my life. I would now watch them suffer and drown.

Any other time, I'd help anyone, Im known for my good spirit with people. I love all in my heart. But this one person is just beyond help. Evil to the core. The world is better without them.

They got to know me as a friend, for months and months. We became close and then bam, I lost so much of my life in one week.
    They had single handily been plotting for months to remove some people from my life, stole from me, Threathen me serverely, and then spread horrible lies about me. Infact, our friendship was planned in advance by them.
    I could forgive an accident or any mistake, or any regret in some way. But to plot in advance to hurt a person for months for no reason other than to enjoy being in control and take from another.

I hate this person with all my heart. I dont even see them as human. Merely some twisted creation that I often hope will die off soon.

I know my thoughts on this are accurate as recentily they took some drugs and it went very bad for them, I was told they were in hospital, I remember feeling happy and hoped they wouldnt come back out. I've had to seperate my entire life from any connection to them just to avoid having it repeatily harassed. A horrible horrible animal.

I know for a fact, they are repeating the pattern with another now. Someone they took from me. They're isolating them from all thier supportive connections. Sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

If someone murdered a member of my family i'd gladly watch them drown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Well i follow the satanic bible on this matter so: "Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

My worst enemy from my late teen years is now doing a life sentence, And I laugh about it everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I generally try to help people when I can. It is best to be owed a debt of gratitude even if it is never repaid.

My help would never be of the financial kind though for someone I didn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I cant think of anyone who has wronged me enough to hold a grudge against. But if there was, i would have no problem watching them die a slow and painful death, i'm all for turn the other cheek etc etc, but if someone done something serious enough, i wouldn't even bat an eyelid at their death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes.

But only because my 6th Year English teacher used to always say that I'm my own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

The OP's nemesis sounds like a right scumbag. Having said that, there's no person of my acquaintance who I'd want to see come to a grisly end or anything. I would probably not be above a little bit of schadenfreude in certain circumstances, though; sometimes, what goes around comes around. Anyway, that's a "Yeah" from me.

Fictional characters are another thing. There are one or two who others laud but whose hands I'd saw off. ;)

charlemont wrote: »
    My worst enemy from my late teen years is now doing a life sentence, And I laugh about it everyday.
    Muhahahaha.

• Advertisement

theTinker wrote: »
    After the last year of my life. I would now watch them suffer and drown.

Any other time, I'd help anyone, Im known for my good spirit with people. I love all in my heart. But this one person is just beyond help. Evil to the core. The world is better without them.

They got to know me as a friend, for months and months. We became close and then bam, I lost so much of my life in one week.
    They had single handily been plotting for months to remove some people from my life, stole from me, Threathen me serverely, and then spread horrible lies about me. Infact, our friendship was planned in advance by them.
    I could forgive an accident or any mistake, or any regret in some way. But to plot in advance to hurt a person for months for no reason other than to enjoy being in control and take from another.

I hate this person with all my heart. I dont even see them as human. Merely some twisted creation that I often hope will die off soon.

I know my thoughts on this are accurate as recentily they took some drugs and it went very bad for them, I was told they were in hospital, I remember feeling happy and hoped they wouldnt come back out. I've had to seperate my entire life from any connection to them just to avoid having it repeatily harassed. A horrible horrible animal.

I know for a fact, they are repeating the pattern with another now. Someone they took from me. They're isolating them from all thier supportive connections. Sickening.
    Lots of wolves out there dude. I know twisted people like that and believe me its never a happy story for them in the end.

Advertisement