Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What marks the start of Christmas for you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Christmas morning

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Coke ad - when that comes on then I start thinking about Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

ringing in the new year starts xmas for me knowing it will be another year before it bleedin happens again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

when the tree goes up, usually the second week in December. There won't be a tree this year and I've pretty much cancelled Christmas. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Kanoe wrote: »
    when the tree goes up, usually the second week in December. There won't be a tree this year and I've pretty much cancelled Christmas. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

:eek: How come?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

fairy tale of new york on the radio. It sucks, and so does the rest of the crap "christmas" music they play every year....why o why do they do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

nimrod86 wrote: »
    :eek: How come?
    no kid this year :(
    I usually spend the Christmas with family but not really bothered about it now. It is and always was for the children and don't feel like getting in the humour for it without her around to share it with. It will be my first Christmas alone though so in someways I'm curious to how it's going to go, might be fun. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

When the RTÉ Guide is bought and flung about the sitting room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

This one seems obvious: when you're decorating the tree ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas Is you
    uuuuuuuu
    uuuuUUUUUUUU"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

when the bitches be forming an orderly queue under the mistletoe for john doe1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Kanoe wrote: »
    no kid this year :(
    I usually spend the Christmas with family but not really bothered about it now. It is and always was for the children and don't feel like getting in the humour for it without her around to share it with. It will be my first Christmas alone though so in someways I'm curious to how it's going to go, might be fun. :)

get a bottle of whiskey and a Santa suit nothing says Christmas like a drunken Santa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

when i see the coca cola trucks and budweiser horses ad on the telly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

That Coke ad and Xmas FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

the arguments about when christmas starts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

When i see the farmers around town with wellies, hang sandwiches wrapped in plastic bag, milk in a lucozade bottle and a flask of tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

When the tree goes up, usually a week before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Dotrel wrote: »
    This thread.

Thats what I was going to say! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

It's a Wonderful Life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Finishing semester 1 of college, 16th December, handing in about 3 reports and doing 2 presentations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

8th of December, i dont acknowledge Christmas before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

It starts every year with the late late toy show. I put my tree up on the 1st, right now it looks like christmas vomited in my sittingroom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

0:00 25/12

Advertisement