Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I f**king HATE fake christmas trees

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Guill wrote: »
    Wow, you know me so well.

How about i go tp the 3 acres of Christmas trees planted beside the house, take one. Use it for Christmas, the as wiith the last 5 years trees it gets dried pelletised and burned in the stove. You know so much.................

How can I put this....

Lighten the fuck up, will ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Abi wrote: »
    How can I put this....

Lighten the fuck up, will ye :)

:confused:
    And when you're done with using it for a few weeks after it took years to grow, you haul it to the local graveyard the council sets up for them, or hack the shyte out of it out the back.

Because you like the smell.

:rolleyes:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

See your sig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Personally I think it's cruel to stand a tree in your house and watch it slowly die so I use fake ones.[/QUOTE]

Just when I think I have heard everything....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I love my real plastic Christmas tree. It only takes a minute to get it out of the attic. No Christmas tree cost this year. And no disposal problem in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 feelingblue

As you know, something that happens quickly is not necessarily better;)

That's a man's point of view. Us ladies prefer to get it over with so we can get back to Greys......mmmmm Mc Steamy....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

My festivus pole is perfectly symmetrical and can be recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

We tried the real tree thing but disaster struck - the dog wouldn't stop p!ssing on it and eating the bottom branches - so we had to buy a false one... which has been going strong ever since!

We put up our tree about 2 days before Christmas and take it down before New Years so we don't look at it for too long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We tried the real tree thing but disaster struck - the dog wouldn't stop p!ssing on it and eating the bottom branches - so we had to buy a false one... which has been going strong ever since!

We put up our tree about 2 days before Christmas and take it down before New Years so we don't look at it for too long anyway.

What did you do with the old dog?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Consider the following when buying also:

Artificial Trees Are:
    - Made of PCV, a harmful plastic, which in its production and lifetime impacts the planet in multiple harmful ways.
    - Are mostly produced outside the EU which consumes resources in regard to shipping to their destination countries.
    - Not recyclable and are not biodegradable.
    - Not able to provide the relaxing aroma of a real pine tree.
    - Toxic if and when they are burned

Your Real Live or Cut Christmas Tree:
    - Is grown on a tree farm that is continually replenished with two or three seedlings for every one tree that is harvested for the holiday.
    - Is not shipped extreme distances, reducing the eco-cost of transportation.
    - Is prior to harvest, a young fast growing tree that is a carbon sink; harnessing greenhouse gases while producing oxygen at the same time.
    - Prior to harvest creates a habitat for wildlife and is an integral part of an ecosystem.
    - Can be recycled and/or repurposed.
    - When composted, adds nutrients to the soil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I have heard all the arguments about artificial trees, more cost effective, easier, no pine needles to clean up etc etc but they actually offend me:mad:

I hate visiting someones house and they have this perfectly symetrical tree that looks too perfect (even more so if it is colour co-ordinated-UGH). I cannot bear to look but am forced to make comments about how pretty it is (through clenched teeth), this is a lie!

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING beats going and picking your own tree, deciding which is the right size/shape. Battling it into the car with needles everywhere and then dragging through the house (more needles everywhere). The excitment is unreal as you postition it, ohhh and the tension of will it fit.

The smell....oh god the smell, I love sitting in the dark with just the tree lights on, the decorations i made as a kid alongside the decorations my own kids have made...just bliss. This is christmas.

Fake trees=fake christmas:pac:

Please Please if you are considering a fake tree this year, DONT DO IT.

Well, I hate visiting peoples houses in which I have to swallow hard and tell people through clenched teeth that their real, sickeningly sweet smelling tree looks nice, when it is actually wonky, stumpy and, frankly, cr*p looking, the owner blinded to its ugliness by their misplaced sense of superiority

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Abi wrote: »
    Get a fake and hang a few of these jobbies off it. They could also serve as tasteful, creative, decorative alternatives.

Abi......

You do know what a 'jobbie' is.........

Right?

http://m.urbandictionary.com/#define?term=jobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

- Is not shipped extreme distances, reducing the eco-cost of transportation. Apart from when they are shipped over from Canada/ Norway/ Poland etc

Is prior to harvest, a young fast growing tree that is a carbon sink; harnessing greenhouse gases while producing oxygen at the same time. -so instead we cut it down in its prime, halting its natural life cycle, and reducing the good effects it had on the environment.

Prior to harvest creates a habitat for wildlife and is an integral part of an ecosystem. -excellent! lets deprive little wild animals of their homes!!

I'll stick with my artificial tree thanks. Its ten years old and still looks brand new, I doubt I'll be buying a new one any time soon.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Abi......

Right?

Those car air-fresheners generally smell like sh1t after a while, so she's probably close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What did you do with the old dog?:confused:

Fake tree - not dog :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I hate ALL Christmas trees!!!!!

Ducks for cover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Someone needs to get out a bit more if you HATE fake Christmas trees...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't put up a Christmas tree but if I did, it'd be an artificial one. I actually have an artificial one but haven't used it for about 6 or 7 years. I don't like the way Christmas trees take up so much space pointlessly, especially real ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I don't put up a Christmas tree but if I did, it'd be an artificial one. I actually have an artificial one but haven't used it for about 6 or 7 years. I don't like the way Christmas trees take up so much space pointlessly, especially real ones.

And they look ridiculous. Filled with cheap and tacky baubles and tinsel.

Fake tree - not dog :rolleyes:

:P

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    Abi......

Right?

First I heard of it >_>
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Those car air-fresheners generally smell like sh1t after a while, so she's probably close enough.
    Was gonna say the same thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

so having something dying in the corner of your sitting room is more christmasy? Fake trees ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

ElleEm wrote: »

That's not ridiculous, that's awesome! An excuse to pile a load of glitter and lights in my sitting room, I wish I could do it all year, a few strategically placed fairy lights get me through the year.

ElleEm wrote: »

wtf????

You killed Christmas :(

Consider the following when buying also:

lets be friends :)

steve9859 wrote: »
    Well, I hate visiting peoples houses in which I have to swallow hard and tell people through clenched teeth that their real, sickeningly sweet smelling tree looks nice, when it is actually wonky, stumpy and, frankly, cr*p looking, the owner blinded to its ugliness by their misplaced sense of superiority

you are so not invited to my gaff...... Sure you'd probably bring a fake Christmas present for under my (beautiful) tree:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Real trees smell like piss. I hate real trees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What next, fake snowmen? The world's gone mad and all I can do is watch.

lol. Probably a fake Santa!

Wait a minute....

• Advertisement

mmm and might i say, nice user name. Very christmassy!

Advertisement