Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Coach to Limerick

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

lxflyer wrote: »
    The first arrival is 09:57 (off 07:00 Heuston/Cork).

No its not. 6.49am departure via athenry arrives at 9.47, as per original poster. Maybe its not available 7 days a week but its there most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No its not. 6.49am departure via athenry arrives at 9.47, as per original poster. Maybe its not available 7 days a week but its there most days.

I was referring to the first arrival in Ennis from Dublin!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Read the timetable again - it clearly states they are not taking commuter traffic between Ennis and Limerick between 07:00 and 10:00 inclusive and in the opposite direction between 16:30 and 19:30 inclusive, so I'd imagine commuter traffic would be rather low.

That is rather strange if you can fill a seat between Ennis and Limerick and again between Limerick and Dublin, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Unless they expect enough demand between Ennis and Dublin, not to need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I was referring to the first arrival in Ennis from Dublin!!

Sorry, thought you meant ennis arrival in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Read the timetable again - it clearly states they are not taking commuter traffic between Ennis and Limerick between 07:00 and 10:00 inclusive and in the opposite direction between 16:30 and 19:30 inclusive, so I'd imagine commuter traffic would be rather low.

I suspect it is a condition of the license. It looks like they will however take people between Ennis and UL which I think will be worth their while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Sorry about the confusion re: Ennis. Was using Google Maps to try out the transit mode and it seems to have missed the 0700 ex Heuston connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Their new timetable claims to take one hour from Ennis to UL at all times... Including through morning rush hour... A bit wishful I'd say

If they use the same bus and it gets delayed on the way from Ennis then there will be a lot of unhappy commuters waiting at Arthurs Quay.

Better idea would be for a feeder bus to utilise the Limerick Tunnel, run from Ennis/Bunratty and connect with the Dublin Service at UL or annacotty I'd have thought!

Advertisement