Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Santa Strike Force - Track Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Gary ITR wrote: »
    At the last open trackday there was a chap out in an F430 Modena F360, watching and hear it tear by was awesome.

FYP ;)
    Confab wrote: »
    Dev, the only way you're going to drive a performance car without a licence is to drive on a private track (i.e, a friend's track) or have your own track built. Also, if you've never been in a performance car before, be prepared, it's a violent experience.

It's actually not as bad as you'd think. The noise is the biggest shock IMO, especially on a dedicated track car.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is it possible to hire a track privately? Even for an hour? I know a few of my Forza crew who would go for it :)

Hell, it would be cool to have a "Boards" day out maybe! :)

If I did do this, even a Reasonably Priced Car would seem like a sportscar to me. I'd have to video it from the inside because that sort of comedy shouldnt be lost to the world. :)

I failed my driving test with well over 30 black marks. :eek:

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

DeVore wrote: »
    Is it possible to hire a track privately? Even for an hour? I know a few of my Forza crew who would go for it :)

Hell, it would be cool to have a "Boards" day out maybe! :)

If I did do this, even a Reasonably Priced Car would seem like a sportscar to me. I'd have to video it from the inside because that sort of comedy shouldnt be lost to the world. :)

I failed my driving test with well over 30 black marks. :eek:

DeV.

AFAIK, Mondello can be hired for corporate events, but it ain't cheap. Alot of distributors in Ireland use Mondello for training and unveiling of new cars to sales people.

Many of the other motoring forums have organised track days in the past, there is no reason that Boards can't do the same!

Bit of advise though, get your driving licence dude!! It makes things alot easier. I'll put my hands up and say I failed my test first time round, by running a red light. :rolleyes: I can say I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'll be around for the 29th anyway, thought there'd be more interest in this.

29th Dec

1. TestTransmission

2nd Jan

1.Stealthyspeeder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

DeVore wrote: »
    Would love to but I dont have any kind of license at all and I'm afraid I am unlikely to have one any time soon. :(

You know those people you roll your window down and shout "You shouldnt be on the road!!!". Well I'm one of them. I'm doing the world a favour by keeping me off our roads... :)

DeV.

LOL you sound like a proper disaster. I'll happily take you round Mondello, you can also mooch around the paddock and see if anybody else will bring you out. I did this the last day seeing as my own cars were in the workshop and I got a spin out in a 400 odd BHP Subaru and a car/driver that has a chance of winning the ITCC next year. The atmosphere down there is very very friendly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Not sure how I'm fixed for work the 29th yet, but def free the 2nd

29th Dec

1. TestTransmission

2nd Jan

1.Stealthyspeeder
    2. Jemmy (+2/3 non boardsies)

Mods, would it be possible to set a sticky for this just for the run up to the event it's getting lost very quickly in here :)
    The lads have put alot of work in and it would be a shame not to get decent interest because it's getting lost a few pages down unless bumped up.

Jemmy wrote: »
    Mods, would it be possible to set a sticky for this just for the run up to the event it's getting lost very quickly in here :)
    The lads have put alot of work in and it would be a shame not to get decent interest because it's getting lost a few pages down unless bumped up.

1.We got too many of the bloody things

2.People don't bother reading them, they seem to get ignored

3.I'll check and see what we can do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

1.We got too many of the bloody things

2.People don't bother reading them, they seem to get ignored

3.I'll check and see what we can do :)

I wouldn't have thought 1 extra on 4 stickies too many but was just a thought for the 3wks left

Jemmy wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought 1 extra on 4 stickies too many but was just a thought for the 3wks left

4 became 3 which has now become 4 again :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'll be around for the 29th anyway, thought there'd be more interest in this.
    It's the dates I'm unsure of, otherwise would cheerfully give Gar the chance to try to scare the pants off me ... and laugh when he fails! :P :D

DeV, you behind the wheel of a high perf. car on the other hand *would* scare me!! :pac:

Will revert when I'm more sure what's happening, sure will throw a couple of quid in the pot anyway, lot of time for SSF (and indeed any charity which doesn't spend half its income on admin!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'll throw in a tenner when I get it in a week. Am flat broke atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Unfortunately working on the 29th but free on the 2nd

29th Dec

1. TestTransmission

2nd Jan

1. Stealthyspeeder
    3. star-pants

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's actually not as bad as you'd think. The noise is the biggest shock IMO, especially on a dedicated track car.

I'd agree with that, there's an immense feeling of "OHMYGODTHISISAWESOME" which overcomes any sort of fear there might have been. It's the noise...

Skip to 2:50

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Popped some cash into the SSF just there, else I'd forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

29th Dec

1. TestTransmission

2nd Jan

1. Stealthyspeeder
    3. star-pants
    4. BuzzFish (+ at least one non-boardsie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I can do either day....hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

BuzzFish wrote: »

29th Dec

1. TestTransmission

2nd Jan

1. Stealthyspeeder
    3. star-pants
    4. BuzzFish (+ 2 confirmed)

2 confirmed.. might get more too....

With buggerall interest for the 29th on this we'll just do it on the 2nd :)

Sorry TT :pac:

Gary ITR wrote: »
    With buggerall interest for the 29th on this we'll just do it on the 2nd :)

Sorry TT :pac:

oh well :(

Unstickied and bumping as it was getting feck all traffic

• Advertisement

Unstickied and bumping as it was getting feck all traffic

Mondello aren't running the track day on the 2nd... there was a mistrake on their site :mad::(

So this is still going ahead just need to confirm a date, it will be soon though!

Advertisement