Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Santa Strike Force - Track Time

Options
  • 02-12-2011 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

Well the time of year is upon us again, Santa Strike Force is in full swing and boardsies do good things for those needy kids :D

Myself and Drummerboy08 are in the process of finishing off a track Civic which will more than likely make an appearance in the Irish Touring Car Championship. We plan to have this out for the January track day in Mondello on January 2nd

What we propose to do is take you guys out for a few passenger laps for a €10 donation. A helmet will be provided on the day so all you need to do is turn up!

The entry fee to Mondello on the day will be €10 so the total cost is €20.

If you've never been on a track before it's a great experience and very enjoyable.

So if you're interested drop your name below :)

For those of you who aren't aware of Santa Strike Force have a read here

In previous years I did some silly things for this charity including dressing up as a Chinese maid along with Dav and Orestes and singing 'The 3 Little Maids From School'

So if you guys could open your wallets that'd be fantastic

So just to recap, you donate €10 to SSF by Paypal and then it's €10 in on the day. With the Paypal can you just pop 'SSF Track Time' as the reference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I have a mate who isn't around at the minute so gonna see if he is interested also.

Is that ok?

Pay on the day I assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I have a mate who isn't around at the minute so gonna see if he is interested also.

Is that ok?

Pay on the day I assume?

Course it's ok. We'd like to get the money in before Chrstmas so a paypal directly to boards would be preferable but I suppose we could accept payment on the day if Paypal wasn't available

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This does sounds like a cool idea but I'd have no way of getting out there. :/

Original Post edited to include payment details

CianRyan wrote: »
    This does sounds like a cool idea but I'd have no way of getting out there. :/

Somebody would give you a lift, I can guarantee it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Well the time of year is upon us again, Santa Strike Force is in full swing and boardsies do good things for those needy kids :D

Myself and Drummerboy08 are in the process of finishing off a tack Civic which will more than likely make an appearance in the Irish Touring Car Championship. We plan to have this out for the January track day in Mondello on January 2nd

It'll be tack alright :pac:

It'll be tack alright :pac:

Considering the last owner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Stick me down for two anyway for now :-)

Cian there will be someone about you can head down with, ill even have room in my car. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Hahah durty...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Oh by the way, if you're unfortunate enough to slot in the passenger seat beside Gary in the car, just make sure your life insurance is paid up.........

:pac::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

whats that your saying about my mam :mad: oh you mean midnight :D

Great idea Gary, is this a public day? Gonna clear the day with my mam if shes free ill book her in for a lap or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Just asking in general gary, how much of a donation would be required for one of us to drive the car with you in the passenger seat?.

lucyfur09 wrote: »
    Just asking in general gary, how much of a donation would be required for one of us to drive the car with you in the passenger seat?.

That's a non-runner dude, friends have been told they wont be driving that car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

That's a non-runner dude, friends have been told they wont be driving that car :)
    I was 99% certain that that would be the answer but had to ask anyway.

projectgtr wrote: »
    whats that your saying about my mam :mad: oh you mean midnight :D

Great idea Gary, is this a public day? Gonna clear the day with my mam if shes free ill book her in for a lap or two.

No I meant your Mam :p

It's a public day, you should get your car out, it's the sweetest EK around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

No I meant your Mam :p

It's a public day, you should get your car out, it's the sweetest EK around

Thanks bro, i might get the missus to get it for me for xmass ive new tyres im dying to try out, plus i wouldnt mind a lap or two in the EG too, might make me take the finger out and get cracking on my EG

Would this suit if we did it in the 29 of this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Would this suit if we did it in the 29 of this month?

I'll defo be going for this if its not 29th or 30th (work) :(

Any chance of a weekend in the new year?

I'll defo be going for this if its not 29th or 30th (work) :(

Any chance of a weekend in the new year?

What we'll do is when there's a list together we'll see what suits the majority. If there's enough interest to run it twice we will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Jemmy wrote: »
    Stick me down for two anyway for now :-)

Cian there will be someone about you can head down with, ill even have room in my car. :)

Make that 3 for me, I could quite possibly be out on track in my own car that day but I'll give a tenner myself for a few laps with the lads seen as it's for a good cause & all that. :D

Hmm, do we get to choose the pilot?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Jemmy wrote: »
    Make that 3 for me, I could quite possibly be out on track in my own car that day but I'll give a tenner myself for a few laps with the lads seen as it's for a good cause & all that. :D

Hmm, do we get to choose the pilot?! :p

Yeah we need to get disclaimers for anyone going on track with Gary for legal reasons....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

What we'll do is when there's a list together we'll see what suits the majority. If there's enough interest to run it twice we will :)

Sounds good!
    I'll donate either way but if ye do end up going again at the start of January then I might be able to go.

Would definitely urge others to go if they can, fun day out, spin on the track and all for a great cause too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

In the Civic is it? I presume I can donate anyway even if I can't make it?

draffodx wrote: »
    In the Civic is it? I presume I can donate anyway even if I can't make it?

Yep it'll the Civic unless we run in to a major problem over the next few weeks. Of course you can donate if you don't make it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Would it be an idea to start a list of names and perhaps they could even put the 29th of Dec or the 2nd of Jan beside their name if one date suits them better --
    Least then ye'd have a good idea how many / for when?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Holy sh*t this is aweeeesome!

I dunno if I'm going to be around for either day but if I am I would love to do this.

Ok, weird confession. I don't drive. I dont have a license (I think I wrote the story of my driving test on this forum before... it wasnt pretty). But I absolutely adore performance cars. You can keep your Clio's I am only interested in Ferrari 430's, Lambo 670s and the odd DB*! Ok, I'm in love with the Lotus Elise but its only for a bit of working class scruff. :)

I own all of the Forza series, the GT series, Blur, Colin McRae's Dirt, Need for Speed, and PGR4. But I've never been to a track or been in a performance car.

So, I hope I can make it, it would be just monster so long as you understand that I know very little about *actual* driving (so I wont mind being a passenger!).

Btw, is it *possible* to drive on the track without a license? I've often promised that I would one day rent a Ferrari and kill myself on Nurnburgring :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

29th Dec

2nd Jan

1.Stealthyspeeder

DeVore wrote: »
    Holy sh*t this is aweeeesome!

I dunno if I'm going to be around for either day but if I am I would love to do this.

Ok, weird confession. I don't drive. I dont have a license (I think I wrote the story of my driving test on this forum before... it wasnt pretty). But I absolutely adore performance cars. You can keep your Clio's I am only interested in Ferrari 430's, Lambo 670s and the odd DB*! Ok, I'm in love with the Lotus Elise but its only for a bit of working class scruff. :)

I own all of the Forza series, the GT series, Blur, Colin McRae's Dirt, Need for Speed, and PGR4. But I've never been to a track or been in a performance car.

So, I hope I can make it, it would be just monster so long as you understand that I know very little about *actual* driving (so I wont mind being a passenger!).

Btw, is it *possible* to drive on the track without a license? I've often promised that I would one day rent a Ferrari and kill myself on Nurnburgring :)

DeV.

At the last open trackday there was a chap out in an F430 Modena, watching and hear it tear by was awesome.

As for driving on a track, the usual bare minimum is a full driving license. If you want a track car built and some lessons from a race winning driver give me a shout :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Would love to but I dont have any kind of license at all and I'm afraid I am unlikely to have one any time soon. :(

You know those people you roll your window down and shout "You shouldnt be on the road!!!". Well I'm one of them. I'm doing the world a favour by keeping me off our roads... :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

DeVore wrote: »
    Would love to but I dont have any kind of license at all and I'm afraid I am unlikely to have one any time soon. :(

You know those people you roll your window down and shout "You shouldnt be on the road!!!". Well I'm one of them. I'm doing the world a favour by keeping me off our roads... :)

DeV.

Dev, the only way you're going to drive a performance car without a licence is to drive on a private track (i.e, a friend's track) or have your own track built. Also, if you've never been in a performance car before, be prepared, it's a violent experience.

Advertisement