Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing our Indepencendce

Options
  • 02-12-2011 12:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what are the thoughts of the people on this website. We gained our Independence from England after 800 years of occupation not too long ago. It was a long fought struggle in which many great Irish men died in the process.
    Now we have lost our economic Independence until we pay off the bankers debts and now we are also facing more loss of sovereignty with the upcoming fiscal union with the EU - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1202/eurozone.html
    Personally I am totally against this. If a country doesn't have Independence then it is a pathetic country. I feel sorry for our Patriotic dead, they died for this pathetic bimbo generation who have destroyed this country.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

With yet another treaty possibly on the way, we're screwed.
    Germany once again is taking control over Europe and the political sheep are letting it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

NinjaK wrote: »
    Just wondering what are the thoughts of the people on this website. We gained our Independence from England after 800 years of occupation not too long ago. It was a long fought struggle in which many great Irish men died in the process.
    Now we have lost our economic Independence until we pay off the bankers debts and now we are also facing more loss of sovereignty with the upcoming fiscal union with the EU - http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1202/eurozone.html
    Personally I am totally against this. If a country doesn't have Independence then it is a pathetic country. I feel sorry for our Patriotic dead, they died for this pathetic bimbo generation who have destroyed this country.

We are Ireland,we are a tiny little speck on the edge of europe that no one cares about who never had real independance anyway.

Just emigrate to a proper country if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Biggins wrote: »
    Germany once again is taking control over Europe and the political sheep are letting it happen.

Never should have given the vote to any species from the family Bovidae.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ask not what your country can do for you- ask what your country can do for Germany.

He he he. Come classic biting satire there. Great stuff Pighead. And to think some people here think you're a dumbass who only does fart jokes.

Anyway back to the original point. OP stop writing messages giving out about the country's situation and start writing messages making jokes and biting satire instead. Joking and satirising are the only way we'll get ourselves out of this mess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Pighead wrote: »
    Ask not what your country can do for you- ask what your country can do for Germany.

He he he. Come classic biting satire there. Great stuff Pighead. And to think some people here think you're a dumbass who only does fart jokes.

Anyway back to the original point. OP stop writing messages giving out about the country's situation and start writing messages making jokes and biting satire instead. Joking and satirising are the only way we'll get ourselves out of this mess.

Didn't you hear? The government are starting to tax jokes now. That'll be 15c please pighead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

lets just hope the Euro recession continues to deepen and that Greece goes tits up. there is not point in us citizens been able to vote on a referendum on a treaty when the powers that be just continue to make a mockery of democracy by making us re-vote until they get the answer they want.

http://files.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/461491939.jpg
    dolanbaker doubts that Ireland will be allowed to remain in the "euro mkII" club, so there is no real need to worry about losing sovereignty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I think we should all get naked and start riding each other, the IMF will leave in disgust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    We are Ireland,we are a tiny little speck on the edge of europe that no one cares about who never had real independance anyway.

He doesn't care if people outside Ireland care. He's Irish; he cares.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Losing our Indepencendce

Am your grammar letting you down?

• Advertisement

Didn't you hear? The government are starting to tax jokes now. That'll be 15c please pighead.
    Pighead just went to his bank manager and said, 'Pighead like to start a small business. How does he go about it?'
    'Simple,' said the bank manager. 'Buy a big one and wait.'

He he he. Classic.

Chalk Pighead down for 30c AC. It's all for a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There's more chance of the government getting a line of comedians queueing up to punch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Pighead just went to his bank manager and said, 'Pighead like to start a small business. How does he go about it?'

He he he. Classic.

Pighead you've gone up a notch in my book.

That puts you at notch number one.

They are a big joke so should be taxing themselves more.

Look at Sweden for example. They decided to CUT taxes, etc to fight the current economic problem and for them, it worked. Their country is booming!
    See: http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-14/opinion/frum.sweden_1_fredrik-reinfeldt-swedish-way-civil-servants?_s=PM%3AOPINION

Each country is different but once again we acn/should learn from others who are actually doing things right.
    Us do things right with either FG or FF or Labour? Got to be fcukin kidding!

Chillaxe wrote: »
    Am your grammar letting you down?

As does yours;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

2016 should be the year you get it back. Just like 1916...

They are a big joke so should be taxing themselves more.

Look at Sweden for example. They decided to CUT taxes, etc to fight the current economic problem and for them, it worked. Their country is booming!
    See: http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-14/opinion/frum.sweden_1_fredrik-reinfeldt-swedish-way-civil-servants?_s=PM%3AOPINION

Each country is different but once again we acn/should learn from others who are actually doing things right.
    Us do things right with either FG or FF or Labour? Got to be fcukin kidding!

Sure you can still go on holidays Biggins.

I don't think auld Leo wants you to come back though.

As does yours;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

He he he. Classic.

I think you are due a rebate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Jesus Christ you swear we where all gonna have to learn German and enroll in german youth camps for indoctrination..Ireland can be alone like iceland,we can go back to fishing and farming,ten to house sort of thing or we can embrace Europe and as part of the union have a decent standard of living.

• Advertisement

4Sheets wrote: »
    Jesus Christ you swear we where all gonna have to learn German and enroll in german youth camps for indoctrination..Ireland can be alone like iceland,we can go back to fishing and farming,ten to house sort of thing or we can embrace Europe and as part of the union have a decent standard of living.

Right lads and lassies, the next session for learning the Goose-step will be beginning shorty.
    Form an orderly queue will ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

We joined the EU poxy ages ago and havent been independent since then. WTF makes the OP think we are an independent nation when its patently obvious we aren't and havnt been for his entire lifetime.

Right lads and lassies, the next session for learning the Goose-step will be beginning shorty.
    Form an orderly queue will ye?

Show me your papers first ;)

Show me your papers first ;)

Jawohl!

*snaps heels together*

Kasabian wrote: »
    I think you are due a rebate.
    Rubbish. You've got your figures wrong Kasabian. It's guys like you that got us into this mess in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

I say "F**k it", let zee germans take over. At least they can run their own country and have shown an interest in taking over Europe anyway for the last 100 yrs.

I'm sure they'd do a much better job than any of our political parties could ever do.

I couldn't believe when Ireland's budget was leaked to Germany.
    It's like saying please look at our budget, is it okay with you ??

lol

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    ...I couldn't believe when Ireland's budget was leaked to Germany.
    It's like saying please look at our budget, is it okay with you ??

lol
    Wasn't leaked to Germany. Our budget details was given to 27 countries.
    The Germans just let it leak out what our lot did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Wasn't leaked to Germany. Our budget details was given to 27 countries.
    The Germans just let it leak out what our lot did.

I see, ridiculous none the less.
    I now want zee germans to take over

Germans - gets $hit done

http://www.thejournal.ie/berlin-documents-were-compiled-six-weeks-before-the-budget-282295-Nov2011/
    The documents are dated October 28 – the date on which the votes for the presidential election were counted – and were circulated not just to Germany, but to all European Union finance ministers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

what people seem to overlook is that further integration includes integrating with the basketcases aswell (yes i include ireland in that)

This whole shít storm was caused by contagion and exposure, how in the name of god does increasing integration reduce that

Advertisement