Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

shangri la wrote: »
    There is absolutely no need for all this private/restricted bullsh1t.

A "reasoning must be given" thread in the football section where anybody who just posts a selection with no reasoning is gently encouraged to give a line or two of a reason they next time they tip a selection very similar to the punters lounge.

Then why not make the thread and start tipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Because without the support of the regular members I will get told to mind my own business or my personal favourite when someone knows they made a bad bet "if i want your opinion i'll ask for it".

It will take a group effort along with moderators to have that thread run properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Going with Liverpool +1 2mrw @ 4/5
    Man City now w/o Kompany along with the Toure Brothers.
    If anyone watched the recent game between these two the 3 nil scoreline definitely flattered Man City. I thought Liverpool dominated large portions of the game w/o actually scoring.
    Kompany dealt with every ball thrown into Carroll and neutralized him. However with Kompany now out I think Liverpool will create chances tommorow and take them. If gerrard starts for Liverpool I might back the Liverpool win too. He gave excellent balls to Carroll in a recent league match and hopefully after scoring last week Carrolls confidence will be up.
    City are missing 2 key players of their spine not to mention having to play 80mins with 10men against a tough team in Man utd. Liverpool will be much fresher.
    Very good price imo

NOTE: Silva is also doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A "reasoning must be given" thread in the football section where anybody who just posts a selection with no reasoning is gently encouraged to give a line or two of a reason they next time they tip a selection very similar to the punters lounge.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were in it:cool:

but tbh everything that's on the private forum is also on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Someone jealous? :D

And there is need for the private/restricted Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Last word on this. If you have an issue with the set up of this thread, take it up with myself and/or Pyro via PM or venture into the Feeback forum and share your thoughts. Choice is there to discuss things. Enough of clogging up this thread.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    Benzema Wincast of 1/1 or me later. Great odds on. Player for scoring for fun just have mak sure he's not injured for this game. Also thinking of over 3.5 goals @ 5/4

Is he definitely starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,855 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is he definitely starting?

From what I've read that he'll be over that slight injury he got at the weekend but I'm not ure will he start, I'd be surprised if doesnt tbh. After the near fiasco of 1st leg I don't think Jose will that chance again

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont know but this nutter is bringing the whistle and most important his cards.

That said, i did pick the under 6,5 cards (evens) as Malaga is on 1,3 cards per match at home and Real on 2,5 away.
    Both averages slightly skewed as Malaga had 1 match with 4 and Real 1 with 7.

When they played in the league a few months ago there was only the 1 yellow. Referee in that match seems pretty lenient though if i look at his matches/cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Probably jump on Benzema/Higuain Wincast @ EVS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

To carry on from what inforfun said- looking at Sergio Sanchez to be booked anytime @ [requested odds from PP- waiting for reply-will update when get them]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jose has said he wont be rotating and will be taking it as seriously as every other game, said Benzema had a slight injury but should play. From their official website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They are only one goal up so no choice really.

Meanwhile - this is worth a read

edit Palace only missing two of the sick list, so not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Over 3.5 Goals in Malaga/Madrid game

11/10 - Good value considering the amount of goals real score.Considering malaga are chasing the game, they are likely concede and possibly score.

4/7 - for both teams to score also

Odds from PP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've taken you lot's advice on the Madrid match

Most people going with this I assume

Spanish Copa Del Rey Malaga v Real Madrid
    10-01-2012 21:00
    Wincast
    K Benzema to score in 90 minutes and Real Madrid to win the match @ 11/10
    Spanish Copa Del Rey Malaga v Real Madrid
    10-01-2012 21:00
    Over/Under 3.5 Goals
    Over 3.5 Goals @ 11/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

20.00 Lazio (4th serie a) vs. Hellas Verona (2nd serie b), Italian Cup anyone trust the home side?

I wouldn't trust lazio, very dodgy and klose is injured for this game afaik, Verona have been going well in serie b

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spook80

Ok i've gone for a treble of Cardiff to win, Over 3.5 in the madrid match and Sheff Utd -1.
    €12 pays €125

No reason really apart from whats already said and the fact that i just think it'll win. Hope thats ok. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

I've taken Mirandes DNB @ 3.10, they won away at Villarreal, don't see why they couldn't beat Santander who they already beat 2-0 in the first leg, I can't say I've been impressed by Santander.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I backed No Goalscorer @ 8/1 and a draw at half time at evens in the Crystal Palace V Cardiff game.

In the league, 8 out of Palaces home games have been a draw at half time (66.67%) & eight of Cardiff's away games have been a draw at half time (61.54%) including there last four away games. This game should also be tight as both teams won't want to lose it tonight, Palace went 600+ hours during the season without scoring so they are good at coming up with a blank and three of there homes game finished 0-0. Cardiff on the other hand only have one 0-0 but have nine games under 2.5, under 2.5 is probably a safer bet but I hate backing that and the 0-0 offers value. Also Palace team have been sick so they will want to keep it tight and slow pace because fitness levels wouldn't be great.

• Advertisement

Just saw Caen's line up , it's pretty poor, they're missing quite a few players, Marseille should win this imo.

I've gone for MArseille -1 @ 3.10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Gone for Ched Evans Insurebet First goalscorer @ 2/1 the lads on fire,

did it last night and its currently 0-0.

Whats the facebook page or can someone PM me it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I done the Powerplay 11/4 Cardiff and Madrid.

Palace have a virus in the squad, and sure you would expect Madrid to win aswell, not mad about powerplays but thought 11/4 was great price, on what I would have backed regardless of being enhanced.

Casillas; Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Coentrao; Lass, Xabi Alonso, Khedira; Kaká, Cristiano e Higuaín.

FFFFUUU no Benzema :(

Bit of a shocker there

Benzema will most likely score anyway :pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Bit of a shocker there

Benzema will most likely score anyway :pac:
    If he doesn't play is the bet void with PP?

Voltwad wrote: »
    If he doesn't play is the bet void with PP?

ya

Any indication as to whether or not he's on the bench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Fancy Real Madrid @ 1/2 with Bet365

and Higuain @ 10/11 to score anytime with StanJames

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement