Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Leeds might have a defender crisis for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

He just needs it to win at least 5% of the time to turn a profit.

Most of the bets posted here are worse.

shangri la wrote: »
    He just needs it to win at least 5% of the time to turn a profit.

Most of the bets posted here are worse.

That comment would only water if Headshot were running a systems bet (and had a pretty big starting bank), he isn't unless its off boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,879 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kev250 wrote: »
    Ha and you were saying people putting money on barca was nonsense. That has not a hope of happening, possitve of that.(just saying)

And people said the same about that 200/1 horse that won today. You never know unless you give it a shot tbh. Besides its only 18 euro too, small fry stuff

It's nonsense betting on crap odds, how is it nonsense betting on 20/1 shot?

mike65 wrote: »
    That comment would only water if Headshot were running a systems bet (and had a pretty big starting bank), he isn't unless its off boards.

What are you talking about?

Is makes no difference if this is the only bet he places all year.

Seriously, there needs to be a higher requirement of posting here or two threads, one that requires reasoning for each selection and another for dodgy accumulators. something along the lines of the punters lounge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Headshot wrote: »
    And people said the same about that 200/1 horse that won today. You never know unless you give it a shot tbh. Besides its only 18 euro too, small fry stuff

It's nonsense betting on crap odds, how is it nonsense betting on 20/1 shot?

Yeah big odds win from time to time but I just feel it's a total waste of money, even if it is small. Surely there is a better 20/1 bet tonight.

I would say best of luck but that would be a lie :)

Yeah big odds win from time to time but I just feel it's a total waste of money, even if it is small. Surely there is a better 20/1 bet tonight.

I would say best of luck but that would be a lie :)

Well aren't you a great addition to this forum, next time keep your opinions to yourself please.

On another note

Not sure why I post my bets here if I going to get **** like this, I'll have to rethink my posting tips here

Well aren't you a great addition to this forum, next time keep your opinions to yourself please.

On another note

Not sure why I post my bets here if I going to get **** like this, I'll have to rethink my posting tips here

I was only giving my opinion on your bet, calm down!

Did I ask for? Nope if I want peoples opinion.i ask for.

I post my bets and if it's up to people to follow or not. If they want a reason, I've no problem explaining but I seldom ask for peoples advice because I rarely need it

If you don't know where you went wrong you would be better off not posting until you do know.

• Advertisement

Did I ask for? Nope if I want peoples opinion.i ask for.

I'm very calm actually.

Ok fair enough.
    If you have no problem explaining could you explain as to why you think leeds are going to win both halves?
    If you don't know where you went wrong you would be better off not posting until you do know.

I honestly do not, where did i go wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads anyone decent to follow on Twitter for a few tips ?

vic_bob_handbags.jpg

Cheers,
    Twitter works better on my phone than most websites, and I know some people on Twitter have good info on obscure leagues, its just finding them is the problem.

If you have no problem explaining could you explain as to why you think leeds are going to win both halves?

If you actually ask that in the 1st place I wouldnt have any trouble answer ya but im not going to waste my time anymore on ya, your not worth it tbh

"I would say best of luck but that would be a lie"

scummy comment

Your welcome to have the last comment, I wont bother replying to the likes of you

If you actually ask that in the 1st place I wouldnt have any trouble answer ya but im not going to waste my time anymore on ya, your not worth it tbh

"I would say best of luck but that would be a lie"

scummy comment

No you are not going to answer because you havent a clue why you chose the bet , stop trying to make an excuse.

Ah I support Arsenal, why would i want you to win that bet?

Can you explain what you mean?

Do I have to?

Okay its a random one off bet being placed with no knowledge of the starting line ups, so makes poor use of nearly 20 euro. If Headshot wants to blow it then grand, it sounds like its small change to him.

Why do you think it is bad that its a one off bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

FA Cup Matches Arsenal v Leeds
    09-01-2012 19:45
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Leeds / Leeds @ 20/1
    Your Bets
    Win
    Single: Leeds / Leeds @ 20/1
    1 line at €18.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €18.00
    Potential returns: €378.00

crazy crazy bet
    all i can say lad good luck don`t see what this guy is getting so worked up about , your money lad bet on 100/1 if ya want best of luck to ya , think ill throw a few yo yo on that for the craic

lol such a controversial bet

that 200/1 horse who won at Taunton today and one punter had a 10 on him

He's enjoying champagne now

Why do you think it is bad that its a one off bet?

Are you going to be this much of a PITA all the time? Cos its not based on anything logical, if it were the first bet of a system then I could see some logic as a certain % of bets backing the rank outsider in a two horse race HT/FT will win, we know that (It would be worth 30 mins checking results to see how many) but to do it once seems quite pointless except as a mad punt/waste of 18 euro.

Which this clearly is and which Headshot does mention after all.

And that said I'm not hanging around to discuss this any further!

Some craic if Leeds do pull it off tonight, Wreck Thierry's homecoming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Don't wanna get involved in the handbags but People don't HAVE to give reason's as to why they are taking a bet- its their money. Headshot was only posting something he took a punt on- he even admitted in his post that it is a longshot. No body is forcing anybody to follow.. If he wanted to give a reason as to why he feels that it will come in then it is up to him

I do agree with shangri la about there possibly being seperate threads for Betting Tips and Bets done-no reason needed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Arsenal: Szczesny, Coquelin, Koscielny, Squillaci, Miquel, Song, Arteta (c), Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh

Oxlade-Chamberlain insurebet FGS @4/1

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Some craic if Leeds do pull it off tonight, Wreck Thierry's homecoming :D

Haha ya i thought of that aswel, that would be an embarrassing one for me.

Do I have to?

Okay its a random one off bet being placed with no knowledge of the starting line ups, so makes poor use of nearly 20 euro. If Headshot wants to blow it then grand, it sounds like its small change to him.

"its a random"
    you dont know if its a random bet, he may have used Poisson distribution, knowledge and intuition of both teams among 20 other factors and not bothered to mention it.

"one off bet"
    do you realise that 99%+ of bets are one off bets. Varying factors are what creates value.

"no knowledge of the starting line ups"
    Due to injuries/suspensions and holidays the starting lineups can be very closly predicted.

"nearly 20 euro"
    When did 18 euro start being referenced as nearly 20 euro?

"If Headshot wants to blow it then grand"
    Are you mystic meg now?

I'm bored with you now, I can tell from the questions you ask that you play poker and bet sports but that doesn't mean you have the fainest idea of what you are doing in either so there is no need for the attitude. you are clearly a losing sports better without a doubt and from reading your ideas on poker you are at best a breakeven NL10 player so take a deep breath and don't bother getting pissy until you educate yourself enough to have an opinion worth listening to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

wprathead wrote: »
    Don't wanna get involved in the handbags but People don't HAVE to give reason's as to why they are taking a bet- its their money. Headshot was only posting something he took a punt on- he even admitted in his post that it is a longshot. No body is forcing anybody to follow.. If he wanted to give a reason as to why he feels that it will come in then it is up to him

I do agree with shangri la about there possibly being seperate threads for Betting Tips and Bets done-no reason needed

Couldnt have said it better myself...

Shangli la, in all fairness that is not for you to come on here and say some new rules need to be made about who an what can be posted regarding bets, tips, accums etc? most of the time from what ive seen on your posts you tend to rile people up and like to do some trolling.

No one is been asked to follow any of the bets placed up on here, its basically a case of people coming on here, posting up what bets we have placed an seeing how they go, if someone wants to follow, then great, if not, well nothing to worry about.

Why you would come on here an suggest new rules need to be made is a joke as your reasonably new to this part of the forum and hence if anything needed changing that would be up to a moderator to look into, certainly not a newbie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I have to say, I hate people just posting up their betslip

i.e "a betslip saying stake 20, returns 50"

That's not a tip. That's just posting your own bet.

A tip is "Arsenal have been playing really well as of late, Leeds on the other hand have a terrible record in the FA cup and are missing their main striker. They're at a decent price too imo"

That's a tip. Any chance there could be a thread set up for people posting their bets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement