Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Taking a few days off betting, lost a good bit through the week, not good, so gonna clear my head for a few days, never good to gamble when on a losing streak as your judgement is clouded, i'll be back in a few days with some small stakes to try an get back to winning ways and recover some losses....

Good luck to you all tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

-Ade- wrote: »
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/04/26/iran/premier-league/sepahan/shahin-pars-jonoubi-bushehr/1172422/

Just looking at the fixtures and this came up. I'm gonna chance a couple of bets on Win to Nil @ Evens and -1 @ 6/5 to the home side.

Sepahan are leading the league over there in Iran, while Shahin Bushehr are fighting for survival. Position aside, goal difference is doubled in favor of the leaders. Shalin haven't won an away game in the league since April last year.

****ing arseholes missed a pen and have had 22 attempts FFS

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Never lost faith lol f_bubbly.gif

Money back anyway. Well done if anyone followed the Win to Nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

seanhynes wrote: »
    ****ing arseholes missed a pen and have had 22 attempts FFS

least ya got the win to nil , close one 94 min

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/04/26/iran/premier-league/sepahan/shahin-pars-jonoubi-bushehr/1172422/

Just looking at the fixtures and this came up. I'm gonna chance a couple of bets on Win to Nil @ Evens and -1 @ 6/5 to the home side.

Sepahan are leading the league over there in Iran, while Shahin Bushehr are fighting for survival. Position aside, goal difference is doubled in favor of the leaders. Shalin haven't won an away game in the league since April last year.

Both bets in.. somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

took a slice of the Llorente special on William Hill. Llorente to score and Bilbao to qualify 2/1. Seems like a good bet

Headshot wrote: »
    I went for Llorante score and win and falcao anytime scorer double

Where and what odds HS?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Where and what odds HS?
    Athletic Bilbao v Sporting Lisbon
    Fernando Llorente To Score And Athletic Bilbao To Win @ 7/5

Radamel Falcao @ 11/8
    Valencia v Atletico Madrid
    Anytime Goalscorer

Total Stake: € 25.00
    Estimated return: € 142.50

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭alfalion

I have Gomez @ 10/1, Soldado @ 33/1 and Lewandowski @ 50/1, placed a good few weeks back. Soldado was just after Villa's injury was announced worse that diagnosed initially.

Klose always out scores gomez when it comes to germany in comps

Formation wrote: »
    So who had the chelsea munich final?

unbelieveable. thats what football is all about.

epic stuff.

i did

• Advertisement

alfalion wrote: »
    Klose always out scores gomez when it comes to germany in comps

and... ?

Like the look of Elfsborg @ 8/13, -1 @ 15/8 in a little over an hours time. Not sure whether to go for just the win or -1 myself yet. Will decide in a bit. Just a small word of warning, the team they are up against beat them 3-1 in the same fixture last season, that aside, their form on the road the last half a dozen matches is quite poor.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/04/26/sweden/allsvenskan/idrottsforening-elfsborg/goteborgs-atlet---ildrottssallskap/1235132/

and... ?

? Really

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

utd have already won the reserves league (just thought I add that)

In saying that the handicap bet should come in for utd

gone big on Falcao anytime and Atletico to win 7/2. Has come good in all 3 of their away games in the knockout stage. Wish me luck

*Apologies. Wrote 4 before*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

? Really

The past tournaments etc are completely irrelevant, Klose (33) is not going to be starting the game for Germany even tbf, it will be Gomez (26) with a few of the Munich players which would suggest they will be on each others wavelength (Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Lahm) etc

They are used to playing with each other and should help Gomez goal return

kryogen wrote: »
    The past tournaments etc are completely irrelevant, Klose (33) is not going to be starting the game for Germany even tbf, it will be Gomez (26) with a few of the Munich players which would suggest they will be on each others wavelength (Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Lahm) etc

They are used to playing with each other and should help Gomez goal return

ok good luck with that:rolleyes:

ok good luck with that:rolleyes:

Nice attitude, in future Ill just give you a smart arse response instead of trying to reason with you ok

Nice attitude, in future Ill just give you a smart arse response instead of trying to reason with you ok

was just my view thats all , i am sure if you put the same logic into this bet as the Osasuna one i wont have any problems proving my point.

• Advertisement

was just my view thats all , i am sure if you put the same logic into this bet as the Osasuna one i wont have any problems proving my point.

How so?

The Osasuna bet was based on current form/trends

The Klose theory cant fall into that category though since the last major tournament was 2 years ago.....

The last Euros he scored 2 goals, both in the knock out stages.

The qualifying campaign he has been in great form, but tbh Germany has destroyed practically every team they faced, some very weak opposition too.

I am not saying he wont score a couple, but I think gomez is a better option, his goalscoring this season is unreal, Klose is not terrible, think he has 16 in 33 which is nothing to sniff at. But it is clear who the first choice striker will be surely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Top goal scorer of the Euros will be hard to call i think.
    Dont think you ll find a tournament top scorer in the group of Holland/Germany/Portugal

Looking at the groups, i might put a few euro on Pogrebniak @51

inforfun wrote: »
    Top goal scorer of the Euros will be hard to call i think.
    Dont think you ll find a tournament top scorer in the group of Holland/Germany/Portugal

Looking at the groups, i might put a few euro on Pogrebniak @51

Might not be too many goals in the group, but say if Germany went all the way to the final, Gomez could be a good punt. Might be a good idea to wait til after the groups and then get better odds. Outside bets for me are Lewandowski - or if you want to go even more far-flung - Shevchenko!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Bilbao -1 for me 7/5. They need the win and they'll have Martinez back this time

• Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

Similarly I like the look of Bilbao -1 on Asian Handicap (2.03 on Betfair). No bet if they only win by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

lol had to laugh at this

thomas o,
    BREAKING NEWS on Twitter, Heskey is starting in tonight's game against Bolton. As we can imagine, this news will not inspire your confidence in Villa getting a much needed win. Well, thank your fellow fan on Twitter because we heard the collective sighs and we've given you a FREE BET!

free 15 pound just because useless heskey started not bad

How so?

The Osasuna bet was based on current form/trends

The Klose theory cant fall into that category though since the last major tournament was 2 years ago.....

The last Euros he scored 2 goals, both in the knock out stages.

The qualifying campaign he has been in great form, but tbh Germany has destroyed practically every team they faced, some very weak opposition too.

I am not saying he wont score a couple, but I think gomez is a better option, his goalscoring this season is unreal, Klose is not terrible, think he has 16 in 33 which is nothing to sniff at. But it is clear who the first choice striker will be surely.[/QUO

only joking with , it just seems to be klose or podolski most of the time and if anyone is going to score it would be klose

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

Cheeky two euro on LLorente and Falcao first goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

The 4s on villa golden boot last wc was better value imo than the bets being suggested so far. Ew it was a bet to nothing, missed peno was the difference. It is far to difficult this time. Better bets to be had but good luck to whoever you go for.

to narrow it down work out the likely ko stage games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Polar101

Over 3.5 goals in both Europa League games (two single bets). I think it was 3.05 in the Athletic game and 2.68 in the Valencia game. That more or less needs all teams to score, which doesn't look too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement