Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Im liking Chelsea for the corner match bet 15/8. Barca only had about 4 corners over the 2 legs against Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Raul Meireles to be shown a card 6/4
    Chelsea toal cards over 3 2/1

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Pp dial a bet going 5/2 on merieles to get a card. Sky bet were going 6/4 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Formation wrote: »
    Pp dial a bet going 5/2 on merieles to get a card. Sky bet were going 6/4 earlier.

13/8 was the best they offered me

magherakid wrote: »
    13/8 was the best they offered me
    put the bet on at 5/2 10 mins ago.

• Advertisement

He should have been booked twice in the first 13 minutes. cautioned both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

seanhynes wrote: »
    The Referee felix Brych likes to take his time before showing his 1st card,might be worth looking at no card before the minute 27th min 5/6, id say UEFA will try and tell the ref to ease off on the cards after all that were shown last night

handy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

manual_man wrote: »
    12.50 on Drogba f/scorer 8/1, paddy will also refund if bet loses and Messi scores last in game

Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

manual_man wrote: »
    Boom!

Gonna follow you on your crazy accum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Staying away from Messi Anytime to score tonight as he has played against Chelsea on six occasions, but has never scored against them.

Bets for the night.

399116_283358775083737_100002288499117_642385_1493834534_n.jpg
    2 out of 3... GET THE F*CK IN :D

Made serious profit tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Gone for Ivanovic and Mikel both to be booked at 2/1 each, over 11 corners at 11/5 and Drogba wincast for a giggle at 7/1 cause i think that they could just sneak this one -- €5 on each all with skybet.

Monies for the weekends games!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

A doffed cap to those who backed Chelsea. I honestly thought Barça would overpower them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

A doffed cap to those who backed Chelsea. I honestly thought Barça would overpower them.

As soon as PP enhanced them i thought it was as good an omen as any......3 outta 4 now he's cleaned up on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

what odds a double of real and barca to go through now. Would the odds be any good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

what odds a double of real and barca to go through now. Would the odds be any good

Around 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

13/8 on PP not great but they are the best odds
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/name-the-finalists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

robbie1977 wrote: »

I don't think those odds are too bad tbh. I'm glad I didn't manage to place a bet pre 1st leg when it was 4/6. I still think this will happen. Reckon I'll be putting a juicy enough sum on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Preview for the Arsenal vs Fluminense game . Arsenal are not playing a full team as they cant qualify , while Fluminense need to win to guarantee top spot .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Lads, Barcelona to beat Real on Sat, at Home, is 4/6.

I had to pinch myself when I saw the odds, now I've cut down bigtime on the gambling, but this is a sick sick price in my opinion, thinking of going in deep.

Are there any suspensions I'm unaware of, for Barca?

Does anyone else agree with me? 4/6 Just seems so generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

only1stevo wrote: »

I had to pinch myself when I saw the odds, now I've cut down bigtime on the gambling, but this is a sick sick price in my opinion, thinking of going in deep.

look like standard odds to me, i think it has draw witten all over it but sure if your confident go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

madma wrote: »
    look like standard odds to me, i think it has draw witten all over it but sure if your confident go for it

Very confident, Real will without doubt park the bus, Mourinho knows a point will do them.. I don't think this will work atall however..
    And to be honest, if Barca score a goal in the first half, I can see it being a demolition job.

Not gonna say that it's priced up "wrong" as such, but I was checking out the handicap odds initially, and was genuinely expecting Barca -1 to be around the 5/4 mark or something. Just was pleasantly surprised when I saw the odds is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Only thing you'd be worried about is the turnaround for the CL game which will be next Tuesday night. I know we're talking about probably the fittest side to ever play the game but 3 seriously high intensity games in 6 days is tough going.

However, if they're up to it, Real won't be able to live with them. Camp Nou is like a different planet to try play them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Bilbao overpriced at 17/10??? Destroyed Utd at Old Trafford and beat Schale by 2 goals in the last round. Sporting are a poor team from the games I've seen of them this season.

only1stevo wrote: »

have you seen madrid play much this season? Both teams travelling back from away midweek games. Tired legs. Very important games the following week. 4/6 is not overly generous. If there is value at those odds its not much. Madrid would be happy with a draw so may go very defensive.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Bilbao overpriced at 17/10??? Destroyed Utd at Old Trafford and beat Schale by 2 goals in the last round. Sporting are a poor team from the games I've seen of them this season.
    bilbao are a different team around europa league games and have nothing to play for in la liga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

They did. They just couldn't score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Going to take an early double here:
    Real Madrid (-1) 6/4 v Bayern
    This bet has come in every Madrid home game in the competition (5/5) albeit none of the teams have been of bayern's caliber. Bayern while imperious at home have had mixed results on the road. (2-0 defeat to Manchester City in the group stages, got a draw against a good Napoli and defeated the group whipping boys Villareal). In the round of 16 they were beaten (and outplayed) by Basel. They managed to beat a woeful and midtable French team in the last round.
    It is the same story in the league for Bayern, imperious at home but very much a mixed bag away from home (2 defeats in last 4 league away games) I just think Madrid will raise their game, Ronaldo can't be that quiet again. They won't sit back on a 1 goal lead either as it will get nervier towards the end (particularly if the away goal is in play, which I suspect it will, as Bayern will probably score)
    Barcelona -1 4/6
    Chelsea's away form in the competition this year is not convincing at all (and they are going to probably the toughest ground to get a result) In the group stages they managed 2 draws and went down 2-1 to Bayer Leverkusen. They were completely outplayed by Napoli in the round of 16 but managed an impressive win in the 1/4 final against benfica.
    Bet has collected in Barcas last 2 home games (7-1 v Bayern, 3-1 v Milan)
    I watched the game 2night and while Chelsea were impressive tonight, it has to be noted that the Nou Camp pitch is much bigger and harder to keep Barca out. I think Barca could beat them heavily.
    Sorry for the long post but I felt I'd right out my reasons for myself more than anything as I'm going big on this. Hopefully I'll be quoting this post accompanied by a :D next Wednesday night. Good luck people

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

robertowjr wrote: »
    Boca Juniors -1, Cruzeiro -1 and Corinthians to win @ 1.7 (or 7/10)

Boca playing Zamorra, last game of the group, Zamorra have no chance to qualify and Boca needs points to get a good position for the next stage.

Corinthians also playing for Copa Libertadores, they're currently sitting as group leaders playing botton of the group with no chances, Corinthians need the points to get a good position for the next stage of the competition.

Cruzeiro will win, and will win by a good margin, trust me.

Get in! ;)

Boca 2-0, Cruzeiro 4-1, Corinthians 6-0.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

At 12 this afternoon there is belgium U16 - ireland U16
    Match is 80 mins.

2 days ago this match was also played and belgium won 5-0

Only 1 market up now and it is Belgium to win @1.5.
    Generous if you ask me seeing what happens 2 days ago.

Ill be putting them in a treble with all teams to score tonight in the EL @4.31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Yes @ 4/6
    Atletico Madrid v Valencia
    Both Teams To Score

Athletic Bilbao @ 17/10
    Sporting Lisbon v Athletic Bilbao
    Match Betting

Total stake €5.00
    Estimated return €22.50

Basically think Bilbao are much greater side than Sporting and they really seem to want to win the Europa,added to that I think it's a great price.

Also i'd highly fancy both teams to score in the other game,Atletico will probaly shade it 2-1 overall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement