Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Surely Mikel will be getting a card today

Surprisingly good odds on it 2/1 on skybet

Im just unsure will he be starting, any chelsea fans here know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

had bayern to win 1-0 at 17/2 ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

clearodara wrote: »
    Bit early but Wolves take on Man City this weekend. Wolves in absolute shocking form and in contrast City playing well in their previous two games since they've been given a sniff of a possible lifeline in the title race. They have scored 10 in their last two games. The -1 is very generously priced at 8/11 IMO. Think they should absolutley spank them as confidence should be sky high after the 6 goals they put passed a Norwich side who normally don't leak too many goals. With the form their in I'm also gonna do 10 small ?2 bets on: Man City 5-0, 5-1 (both 25/1) Man City 6-0, 6-1 (both 50/1) Man City 7-0, 7-1 (both 125/1) Man City 8-0, 8-1 (both 325/1) Man City 9-0, 9-1 (both 500/1) Fingers crossed for a 9-0 :)
    wolves at home took a point from both arsenal and tottenham when they were in form and citys away record is dodgy...

I think hennessy is out for a few months and he has saved them from getting a lot more hammerings.

8/11 does seem tempting...

Headshot wrote: »
    Surely Mikel will be getting a card today

Surprisingly good odds on it 2/1 on skybet

Im just unsure will he be starting, any chelsea fans here know ?
    wait for lineups. I was thinking luiz for a card as i would expect a lot of last ditch tackling.

on the mobile so cant check the odds but would expect it to be 6/4.

Is he carrying a yellow into the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jackohearts

Headshot wrote: »
    Cardiff @ 4/7
    Cardiff v Derby
    Match Betting
    Southampton @ 7/10
    Peterborough v Southampton
    Match Betting
    Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Bristol City v West Ham
    Total Goals U/O 2.5
    Middlesbrough @ 4/11
    Middlesbrough v Doncaster
    Match Betting
    Reading @ 1/2
    Reading v Nottm Forest
    Match Betting
    Total stake € 25.00
    Estimated return € 245.89

I hardly bet on the Championship because its a tad dodgy but tomorrow is huge for the teams iv picked

We have Cardiff that have to win to stay in the playoffs
    Southampton have to win to keep automatic qualification alive
    Bristol City v West Ham. I picked overs in this bet because I felt both teams need a win
    Boro need a win to try to get into the playoffs
    Reading need a win to win the league (depends on how west ham go iirc)

What a pick Headshot. Took this and under 3.5 in the Bayern/Real match. Was singing your praises last night and buying you a virtual pint... Only for dam West Ham and M'Boro we would be laughing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I expect Chelsea to line up something like this:

capture_06.jpg

They'll try and neutralize Barca in midfield I'd imagine. We'll see later. Anyway I'm all over Chelsea DNB like a rash 95 on it

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Luiz odds will be appalling going by the last game against Napoli.

Kinda fancy CHelsea Double Chance myself, no idea of the odds. But I have a feeling Chelsea will get a result like Bayern last night, whether that'll be a draw or win who knows. Just wouldn't surprise me if Barca don't win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

-Ade- wrote: »
    Luiz odds will be appalling going by the last game against Napoli.

Kinda fancy CHelsea Double Chance myself, no idea of the odds. But I have a feeling Chelsea will get a result like Bayern last night, whether that'll be a draw or win who knows. Just wouldn't surprise me if Barca don't win tonight.
    Luiz is 5/6 on Skybet, Ivanovic is 2s and that aint bad as hes a loose cannon at times.

I'm pretty sure Luiz is def. out for tonight. hamstring injury

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/17673812

Luiz is 5/6 on Skybet, Ivanovic is 2s and that aint bad as hes a loose cannon at times.

Was just looking at my man Ivanovic funny enough. Was good for me last season, never really considered him this season!

@ 2/1, looks a decent bet alright!

Also looking at Meireles, if he starts and knowing his lazy and quite frankly poor way of defending. Wouldn't surprise me, seeing him picking him a daft or tactical yellow.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Luiz is def. out for tonight. hamstring injury

Cahill against Messi and co. would be comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

What are the odds on Chelsea DNB? Im in college and have no access to it. Thinking of lumping on it if the price is right

What are the odds on Chelsea DNB? Im in college and have no access to it. Thinking of lumping on it if the price is right

11/4 bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Was just looking at my man Ivanovic funny enough. Was good for me last season, never really considered him this season!

Also looking at Meireles, if he starts and knowing his lazy and quite frankly poor way of defending. Wouldn't surprise me, seeing him picking him a daft or tactical yellow.

Hoping Raul Meireles starts too will have a nice bet on him

di matteo said luiz is out and expects terry to be fit to play even though he has broken ribs?

is merieles the likeliest booking?

what reason would he have to pick up a tactical yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I might stick a few euro on 1-1 at 6/1 and 1-2 at 15/2 in the Chelsea V Barca game. I fancy both sides to score and I think Barca will win.

Double
    Chelsea V Barcelona BTTS 4/6
    Sporting V Bilbao BTTS 4/6

Chelsea have scored in all but 1 of the last 8 meetings. You have to fancy Barcelona to score too.

Both teams have scored in 10 of Bilbao's last 11 games (the other one was at the Nou Camp). Both teams have scored in 7 of their last 8 Europa League games home and away. Sporting have only failed to score in 2 home games all season.

put on a bit of a crazy accumie

chels v barca - Chelsea or draw 11/10
    Ath Bilbao Europe league - outright 13/8
    Liverpool fa cup - outright 6/5
    Wolves v City - City -2 7/4
    Arsenal v Chelsea - btts 4/6

25 euro can't remember the odds but it's over a grand ha

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Formation wrote: »

I think he means a professional foul e.g to stop a dangerous counter attack

cup of tea wrote: »
    Formation wrote: »

I think he means a professional foul e.g to stop a dangerous counter attack

or a 'reducer'

ie. a very strong physical challenge made early to put the fear in the opposition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

Anyone thoughts on this..

Toulouse
    Marseille
    Copenhagen
    Chelsea

10 accum pays just over 280

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

What does everyone think the card fronts for tonight ? F. Brych is Ref and he doesnt seem shy to hand out the yellows and reds(except for the last game he refed APOEL v Real Madrid ).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

clearodara wrote: »
    Bit early but Wolves take on Man City this weekend. Wolves in absolute shocking form and in contrast City playing well in their previous two games since they've been given a sniff of a possible lifeline in the title race. They have scored 10 in their last two games. The -1 is very generously priced at 8/11 IMO. Think they should absolutley spank them as confidence should be sky high after the 6 goals they put passed a Norwich side who normally don't leak too many goals. With the form their in I'm also gonna do 10 small €2 bets on:
    Man City 5-0, 5-1 (both 25/1)
    Man City 6-0, 6-1 (both 50/1)
    Man City 7-0, 7-1 (both 125/1)
    Man City 8-0, 8-1 (both 325/1)
    Man City 9-0, 9-1 (both 500/1)

Fingers crossed for a 9-0 :)
    Where did you get 8/11?I cant find that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Kristian_ wrote: »
    Anyone thoughts on this..

Toulouse
    Marseille
    Copenhagen
    Chelsea

10 accum pays just over 280

You're gonna lose €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Skonto v Liepajas Metalurgs (Latvian league) : under 2.5 @ 1.67

This is a game between two of the best teams in Latvia, these games often go under 2.5 goals, head to head stats: http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/04/18/latvia/virsliga/skonto-fc/fhk-liepajas-metalurgs/1260662/head2head/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Where did you get 8/11?I cant find that anywhere.

Was with PP :eek: but its gone into 4/6

• Registered Users Posts: 53,906 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Santos v The Strongest. Im thinking of over 3.5 goals in this match, Santos want to win the group and get the most points as possible which will result in them getting an easier team in the next round

Strongest need a win to qualify

Im hoping it will be an open match

I Just need to find out will Santos be playing their best team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You're gonna lose €10.
    Have to agree with you, if anything Caen are a decent bet at 11/2, Marseille won the league cup and now have fcuk all to play for, Caen are fighting relegation and beat Bordeaux at the weekend. Double chance at 11/8 would be my pick there anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement