Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

hefferboi wrote: »
    Barca HT/FT
    Bayern HT/FT
    Brentford -1
    Huddersfield BTTS

5 returns 63

What ye think?

I think you win the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

thoughts on 2mrw?? Thinking of backing the Chelsea win 5/6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Barca 3-1 at 9/1. A massive €1 on this
    Not bad for a euro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Barca 3-1 at 9/1. A massive €1 on this

Typo there. Had €100 on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

clearodara wrote: »
    Are PEA also called Buriram??

Yeah Buriram PEA United

This is the only Asian champions league game that the TAB (Australian bookies) aren't taking bets on. Not sure whether it's a good or bad sign

• Advertisement

Anyone got any idea about the Copa Libertadores?

Lanus v Olimpia tonight and Olimpia are 7/2 to win. Lanus are in a pretty shocking run of form but not sure how strong Olimpia really are. Both joint top of their group and Olimpia did win the reverse fixture.

Might be worth a punt? KO @ 11.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lanus need a win because they are away to Flamengo in the next round. Olimpa are at home to Emelec in the next round, the worse team in the group. The away team would probably happy with a draw but they seem to be the better team

I really like the overs bet but I dont know which Olimpa will show up

For no other reason other than the fact there was only 7 corners in their earlier meeting Im gonna go with Under 10 corners @ 2.000. Probably gonna double it with something, maybe Draw HT @ 6/5.

3.4/1 just for some late night interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

wouldnt back overs in a Lanus game there awful in front of goal. Goina chance overs in Bolivar v Real Mamore in Bolivia,last 6 meetings have went overs

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

defenders have been popping up with goals lately for chelsea (cahill/ivanovic and terry vs napoli) & fancy stoke to score at least 2 vs Wolves at the weekend

1e is going on an insane terry & walters fgs double @ 170/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im backing Lanus here. Only 2 of the team that lost to Belgrano are playing & it's a must win as they are away for their last match in the group. There has been support for them in the market & I am having a few quid at 8/11

Small stake but I think It's a value bet.
    Chelsea -1 15/8
    Think that is a great price when you consider this bet has come in every home game Chelsea have played in Europe this season (2-0 v Bayern Leverkusen, 5-0 v Genk, 3-0 v Valencia and 3-1 v Napoli.
    Whereas Benfica have been ok on the road (Drew w Trabzonspor 1-1 in the 3rd Qualifying Round, drew w Twente 2-2 in the play-off round, Beat Basel 2-0, drew w Utd 2-2 and beat group whipping boys Oțelul Galați 1-0. They lost their last European away game to Zenit 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

hefferboi wrote: »
    Barca HT/FT
    Bayern HT/FT
    Brentford -1
    Huddersfield BTTS

5 returns 63

What ye think?

Ideal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Headshot wrote: »
    Lanus need a win because they are away to Flamengo in the next round. Olimpa are at home to Emelec in the next round, the worse team in the group. The away team would probably happy with a draw but they seem to be the better team

I really like the overs bet but I dont know which Olimpa will show up

:eek: Going against the stats :eek:... :cool: great shout. Didn't fancy it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I think a 50 eur double on madrid and chelsea is a very good bet for wed

50 bet on the double pays 90;)

Will Real be playing a weakened 2mrw with the tie over and Valencia at the weekend(With the league not 100% finished yet). Not worth backing on the handicaps??

Stoke are 4/6 to beat Wolves at weekend :eek::eek::eek::eek: At Brittania.
    all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Higgytash

Shane St. wrote: »
    all over it

Hmmm great bet, well worth 6 Shillings of any mans child care allowance, will be 2/5 come the weekend and in such case will be worth 5 shillings of any mans childrens allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

The only value I can find in Madrid v APOEL game is APOEL to score 1 or more goals at 6/4. They've scored 8 in their last 3 away league games (I know Anagennisi Deryneia are hardly Real Madrid!) and they know they're out of the competition but they might want to give fans something to cheer about.. You'd never know, they could nick a goal. I'm going with €10 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads what ya think of over 12 corners in the chelsea game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Canyon86 wrote: »
    I think a 50 eur double on madrid and chelsea is a very good bet for wed

50 bet on the double pays 90;)

50 on Chelsea pays 83.30. Think id rather that than risk throwing in a 1/12 shot for an extra 6.70. Obviously Real should win but just dont see the point putting them in but its upto yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1

The only value I can find in Madrid v APOEL game is APOEL to score 1 or more goals at 6/4. They've scored 8 in their last 3 away league games (I know Anagennisi Deryneia are hardly Real Madrid!) and they know they're out of the competition but they might want to give fans something to cheer about.. You'd never know, they could nick a goal. I'm going with €10 on it.

That's not a bad one, prob is the pick of the lot, handicap is -3 so will be staying away from that.

All depends on what team Madrid put out with Valencia up the weekend, may hold fire until I see the Madrid team.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hasn't Mourinho said he will play a strong team with little or no changes?

Can see a 3-0 win. If they score early it could be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

all over it

Backing against Wolves has been profitable over the last 3 weeks (vs United/Norwich/Bolton)

Been keeping an eye on Wolves and imo manager's out of his depth, the players look demoralised and nothing is going their way at all atm, penalty decision against them vs Bolton was a joke and conceded a penalty to Norwich too. [Stoke to score a penalty is 4/1]

Stoke have managed draws at home to Chelsea/ City/ United and beaten Liverpool/ Spurs but they struggle to convincingly beat teams at home. They have only scored 2+ goals in 6 out of 15 home games, although I expect them to score 2+ goals vs Wolves this weekend

I'm not a big fan of correct score bets but Stoke 2-0/2-1 would be my guess.

Anywayssssss I'll be on

Stoke @ 4/6
    Stoke to score 2+ goals @ 4/5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double of:
    under 2.5 in Partizan v Vojvodina
    Jagodina
    @ 2.97

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Ok, one not Barca - Milan related....

PEA Buriram (What?) - Jeonbuk
    Asian CL

Never would have considered backing a Thai team vs one from Korea but the group is led by PEA:

Jeobuk lost both matches played so far 5-1 while PEA beat those teeams handing out the 5-1's.

PEA to win @3
    PEA win and over 2,5 @4.33

Match is tomorrow 12.30

Will see how tonight goes if i put anything on it or not.

And that is where i should have left it...

0-2 with 2 mins left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Under 2.5 in the Chelsea v Benfica game @ 1.87

it should be a tight game, Chelsea don't need to score and Benfica can't afford to concede otherwise they'd need to score twice, Chelsea managed to keep Spurs at bay recently and I'm expecting another 0-0 tonight.

Hey probably the best place to post this.....
    Was just wondering now that we are into April are the Bookies opened late again. Usually my local Boyles closes at 6:30 but in the Summer it stays open until 9:30.
    Can anyone tell me if the times have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hasn't Mourinho said he will play a strong team with little or no changes?

Can see a 3-0 win. If they score early it could be more.

Ya Mourinho said he'll be playing a strong side.

I fancy them to win 4 or 5-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hey probably the best place to post this.....
    Was just wondering now that we are into April are the Bookies opened late again. Usually my local Boyles closes at 6:30 but in the Summer it stays open until 9:30.
    Can anyone tell me if the times have changed?
    Boyles in Galway was open around 9pm Monday night when i walked by, noticed PP werent open across the way though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement