Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double:
    Metalist Kharkiv or draw
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    @ 2.03

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Headshot wrote: »
    Just found this on goal.com sean

Toronto, missing two key defensive cogs, enters the CCL semifinal round having conceded six goals in the last two MLS matches. Santos, meanwhile, hasn't lost since February.

and a short preview here
    http://blogs.canada.com/2012/03/28/toronto-fc-v-santos-laguna-concacaf-champions-league-liveblog/

I think its a very good bet

having watched Laguna there very useful in the final 3rd, i fancy them to thump these,there hopeless i dunno how LA couldnt beat them,was a bizarrre game, goina throw a 50 on Laguna win and overs. i think there a certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 53,880 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

seanhynes wrote: »
    having watched Laguna there very useful in the final 3rd, i fancy them to thump these,there hopeless i dunno how LA couldnt beat them,was a bizarrre game, goina throw a 50 on Laguna win and overs. i think there a certainty

Ill follow ya on overs @ 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

seklly wrote: »
    Have a €50 free bet so just put it on the following treble:

AC Milan v Barcelona - Over 3.5 Goals 7/4
    Marseille v Bayern Munich, Mario Gomez - Wincast 13/5
    Sheff Utd v Chesterfield - Sheff Utd -1 6/5

Comes to just under 21/1
    Going with something similar but not as adventurous:
    Messi wincast
    Gomez anytime
    Sheff Utd.

€10 returns €63.48
    I'm disappointed, not in barça as they clearly had a game plan, but in that damn blasted referee. The cameras clearly showed he was right infront of Puyol being 'tugged' back. Bloody inconsistency in refereeing is centre stage again. As for those spanners with the sticks standing on the goal line (or is that only in Uefa Cup)..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Laguna are 3.0 -1 on the AH.....worth a nibble at that? Or -1.5, -2.0 at 4.8?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

My football picks have been atrocious lately.

Seriously considering lumping on Man Utd for the league just so they don't win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cheers for that sean, gonna throw a few quid on Laguna for later.

Also didn't realise Torsten Frings was with Toronto now!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

useurename wrote: »
    Just looking at some stats for the Marseille game 2mor.Marseille haven't won in 8 games.They are now 9th in ligue 1.Seven of those games were losses.That is horriffic form.They will obviously raise there game for the CL but they are facing a team on fire at the moment.Bayern are free scoring in there last few games.10/11 for the straight win and -1 at 12/5.

Any thoughts

Only did a small bet on the -1.Not brave enough.Had a good night all the same with a straight bet at 10/11 on Bayern.Did the CL away double aswell.That was some tug on Puyol right in front of the refs nose.If he had missed the heade rentirely he probably would have got the peno. Alas....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Gone with Santos Laguna as well. Here's hoping to the perfect night being capped off with a nice win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

I hope you put down under 3.5 by mistake! :o

Unfortunately not, didn't even get a sweat in the Milan match!

• Advertisement

Match at the weekend

Benfica v Braga.

Benfica might not be up for this match and possibly could rest players for the Chelsea match. Worth a shot for the double chance Braga I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

seklly wrote: »
    Unfortunately not, didn't even get a sweat in the Milan match!

And if Robinho had have scored that sitter it could have turned it into a goalfest.. :rolleyes: .. good bet all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Going too follow Sean's tip Santos Luguna 21/20 and Over 2.5 20/23 betvictor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Am i blind or is that Santos Laguna match not on PP?

Found it

Anyone with info on how Valencia are approaching the AZ match? Are they going for the win or ducking out of it too focus on CL qualification?

There are 4-5 teams in the league vying for 2 CL spots? Was reading about their fans waving the white hankerchiefs which is a sign of the fans unhappiness at the manager got me thinking they may look to get out and focus solely on the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Lot of pressure on now Sean:p

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

And if Robinho had have scored that sitter it could have turned it into a goalfest.. :rolleyes: .. good bet all the same!

Agreed, when I get a free bet I like to put it on a bit of a long shot, wasn't too far off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Ah feck it, I feel left out. Im on as well

Santos win @ 1/1
    Santos -.5, -1 @ 2.300
    Santos Ov 1.5 goals @ 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

all aboard the santos train , i`ll have 20 on win 1/1 and 5 on-1 16/5. good one sean you will be thread hero if this one comes in .good luck all

I like the look of this double:
    Metalist Kharkiv
    Sochaux
    @ 6.80

Sochaux @ 2.00 is a great bet for Saturday, the players finally got what they wanted, their coach was fired and now the players are starting to play with determination again. Since the arrival of the new coach, they've had 2 wins and 1 loss (against Lyon where they had dozens of chances to score but Lloris had a great game) On Saturday they play vs Brest at home, Brest have lost their last 3 games.

• Advertisement

For tomorrow Im thinking of Falcao to score and A. Madrid to win 11/10 and Hunt anytime scorer @ 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

Following you too Sean!

Santos @ 2.0 - €20
    Santos -1 @ 3.4 - €5
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.95 - €10
    Over 3.5 @ 3.25 - €5

Please come in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

I know it's a bit far away but Newcastle are nearly 2/1 to win at home vs Liverpool on Sunday.Great value.DNB is 11/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

useurename wrote: »
    I know it's a bit far away but Newcastle are nearly 2/1 to win at home vs Liverpool on Sunday.Great value.DNB is 11/10.

I would say that's a good bet but I wouldn't back Liverpool to lose 3 games on the bounce. There hasn't been a draw in the last 13 meetings between the sides, overdue a draw in this fixture so. Can see it being a draw. Definately good value though, can't see why Pool are fav's.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭The Irish Riddler

I like the look of this double:
    Metalist Kharkiv
    Sochaux
    @ 6.80

Sochaux @ 2.00 is a great bet for Saturday, the players finally got what they wanted, their coach was fired and now the players are starting to play with determination again. Since the arrival of the new coach, they've had 2 wins and 1 loss (against Lyon where they had dozens of chances to score but Lloris had a great game) On Saturday they play vs Brest at home, Brest have lost their last 3 games.
    brest are very tight in defence, if they score i dont see them losing so if you back sochaux you may as well go with the win to nil for much bigger odds.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I would say that's a good bet but I wouldn't back Liverpool to lose 3 games on the bounce. There hasn't been a draw in the last 13 meetings between the sides, overdue a draw in this fixture so. Can see it being a draw. Definately good value though, can't see why Pool are fav's.

Lose 3 in all comps? They lost 3 in the league before Everton handed them an easy win at Anfield to focus on the FA Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

LOL pressures on me now,have been waiting for this fixture with glee,if santos play with any sort of conviction they'll kill these wasters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Over 5.5 cards @ 11/10 in the Sporting/Metalist game tomorrow looks like a great bet. The ref is a German and while he isn't a total nutter, he isn't afraid to give out yellows and he is fond of the odd Red.

http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/wolfgang-stark/44626/

Now if he scares you I think both sides lack of discipline make this bet worthwhile. Sporting receive more bookings at home than on the road while Metalist are the opposite, they receive more bookings on the road than at home.

http://statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=competition&CompID=362&statType=discipline

The AL is 5 @ 1.800

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think Metalist to qualify is good value at Evens. Don't really rate that Sporting side.

• Advertisement

brest are very tight in defence, if they score i dont see them losing so if you back sochaux you may as well go with the win to nil for much bigger odds.

Yea but Sochaux's defence is terrible so I'm not sure they could win without conceding, Brest lost 2-1 vs Lorient 2 weeks ago and I think the scoreline could be the same vs Sochaux.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement