Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

PP offers for this weekend's Premier League.
    Liverpool v Arsenal Saturday, 3rd March 2012, 12:45Money-back SpecialIf there is a penalty scored in this game Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match. Conditions
    Money-Back Special
    If there is a penalty scored in this game Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match Conditions

Setantabet offers for the weekend are:
    Man City, Chelsea and Everton all to win this weekend @ 5/1
    On the back of this, Setantabet are offering customers a great refund offer for both the Spurs v Manchester United and Liverpool v Arsenal games this weekend.

If either team comes from behind to win the game, we will refund all losing correct score bets.

I fancy the 5/1 treble from Setantabet.

Any other decent Cash Back offers the weekend lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Mark! wrote: »
    Arsenal DNB @ 7/5 tomorrow looks tempting. Anyone any thoughts on it?
    Was thinking the very same earlier this week. The way this season has gone so far what with form books being thrown out the window you'd almost fancy Arsenal to get something.
    Liverpool are unbeaten at home this season and Arsenal have lost 4 or of their last 5 away matches. All points to an Arsenal win!! Ah no, I don't think I'll chance the DNB but RVP to score anytime at 7/5. Will put this in a double with Yak wincast 3/1.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Was thinking the very same earlier this week. The way this season has gone so far what with form books being thrown out the window you'd almost fancy Arsenal to get something.
    Liverpool are unbeaten at home this season and Arsenal have lost 4 or of their last 5 away matches. All points to an Arsenal win!! Ah no, I don't think I'll chance the DNB but RVP to score anytime at 7/5. Will put this in a double with Yak wincast 3/1.

Can't see the Gunners doing it to be honest.

Draw written all over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

Gone for a couple of handicap doubles tonight on LOI.

Drogheda v shams - 2 12/5
    Monaghan v Dundalk -1 7/2

Drogheda v shams - 2 12/5
    Monaghan v Dundalk -2 10/1

Drogheda have a weak team putting out youth team members to make up squad. So hoping for a big score from shams.
    Dundalk should win their game so heres hoping ;)

€ 2 on each double...........Odds from P/P.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Shamrock Rovers
    Derry City
    Waterford
    Sligo+1
    Limerick-1

6/1 PP

E5

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Shane St. wrote: »
    Liverpool are pretty tough to beat at Anfield. Also barring that freak game with Chelsea, Arsenal have been comprehensively beaten at all the big teams. I'd be more inclined to back under 2.5 goals if anything

Over 2.5 goals scored in 20 of Arsenal's last 23 away games in the EPL. While Liverpool aren't free scoring by any means. But history in this fixtures points to goals, goals and goals. Anfield fixture has for the most part always been entertaining no matter the result.

We'll be missing Agger which is a huge blow for us least for the fact he is a quality defender and him and Skrtel have been so impressive for the most part but for the fact I except Carra (would like Coates to start personally) to step in. RVP/Walcott/Ox vs Carra has me terribly worried. For Arsenal, I think Djourou will start and he is a walking disaster of a defender.

I've not checked the odds but Overs and Both Teams to Score seem the more sounder bets for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm not betting but over 3.5 gls in the Liverpool game 9/4 sounds good, as well as Suarez anytime 3/1 (William Hill)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Shamrock Rovers should win easily tonight.

Rovers (-2) is 12/5

Rovers have scored 14 in their last 5 meetings, Drogheda have scored 0 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Porto, Blackpool, Troyes, Sligo

5.63 returns about 220

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Tempted by 1-1 in the Liverpool V Arsenal game at 11/2. 7 of the last 12 games have ended in a draw and 6 of those have been 1-1. Usually aren't too many goals at Anfield either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Blackpool starting with 4 forwards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

North East derby should be interesting on Sunday. I've been backing Sunderland since O'Neill took charge. Even though they got beat 4-0 last week by West Brom, I'm tempted to back them again in this - or at least on a DNB basis.

Sunderland DNB are 13/8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Can't call the Liverpool Arsenal game at all. Both teams far too inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

once again dutch league goals flying in, what would be the odds for over 2.5 in all them games before kicked off? 3 matches out but one of them is 1-1, and other 2 games both have 1 goal with like 20 mins left sp

WBA look overpriced to me.

3/1 to win or 7/4 Draw No Bet. West Brom in good form with Odemwingie back firing on all cylinders up against a very inconsistent Chelsea side. Chelsea won just 1 of their last 6 in all competitions and 1 of their last 6 away league games, and that was with a last gasp winner at Wolves.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

EdenHazard wrote: »
    once again dutch league goals flying in, what would be the odds for over 2.5 in all them games before kicked off? 3 matches out but one of them is 1-1, and other 2 games both have 1 goal with like 20 mins left sp
    Over 2,5 for those games are usually around @1,5
    And there is always one that will kill you when you pick a few/all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭0O7

WBA look overpriced to me.

3/1 to win or 7/4 Draw No Bet. West Brom in good form with Odemwingie back firing on all cylinders up against a very inconsistent Chelsea side. Chelsea won just 1 of their last 6 in all competitions and 1 of their last 6 away league games, and that was with a last gasp winner at Wolves.

Agree...

West brom do have a chance to win this... 3/1 is a fierce price...

or 12/5 the draw... i cant see chelsea doing well.
    (Ill eat my words tomorrow)

Going big on City tomorrow

City to win both halves 10/11
    City win with 3 or 4 goals scored in the game 6/4
    City win to nil 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

accum:
    Man City to score in both halves
    Partizan Belgrade
    Ludogorets
    Sheriff Tiraspol
    @ 2.13

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

As previously mentioned, I'm pinning all hopes on Yakubu wincast this weekend. Rovers really should beat a depleted villa side short on confidence and yakubu is simply outstanding in front of goal this season. 3/1 with PP. €40 on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Harnik (Stuttgart) looks great value @ 21/10 to get a goal tomorrow. Great form atm

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lesson from tonight's Blackpool v Hull is to avoid the Pool as a bet.As I saw it and maybe 'tis sour grapes but Blackpool's seasoned players exuded a shameful arrogance attempting to stroke the ball about,pacing themselves for the hour and a half.It did not work.Getting more than the average industrial wage for job you'd imagine they'd be at least, as passionate and committed as their faithful fans.I admire Ian Holloway but his team are going nowhere but down further.A visit to the sea front for fish 'n' chips would be less expensive and certainly more rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

As previously mentioned, I'm pinning all hopes on Yakubu wincast this weekend. Rovers really should beat a depleted villa side short on confidence and yakubu is simply outstanding in front of goal this season. 3/1 with PP. €40 on.

I'm debating whether to go with that wincast or go with Blackburn (-1) @ 7/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Aalen in the 3rd German division are currently 2nd and playing 12th place team. They have won their previous 6 games in a row and are priced at evens today. Should be a straightforward win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

clearodara wrote: »
    Aalen in the 3rd German division are currently 2nd and playing 12th place team. They have won their previous 6 games in a row and are priced at evens today. Should be a straightforward win

Looks good, only thing i can see is that Munster haven't plated since the 10th of February and Aalen played on Tuesday, if anything though that will probably favour Aalen.

Couple of wee bets till Boca roll around on Monday morning.
    5 of Man City's 13 PL home wins been 3-0; Bolton lost 3-0 at Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and United.

Man City 3-0 @ 6/1

Both Teams to Score in the Liverpool - Arsenal game
    Both Teams to Score in the CSKA - Zenit game
    Man City Win to Nil

@ over 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Backed it last week and it really really should have come in.. provided they're starting 2 up top I'm on it again. Bolton concede average of 2.07 per away game, 2cd last, lost 3 on the trot

Man City to score 4+ goals @ 6/4

Couple of wee bets till Boca roll around on Monday morning.

Man City 3-0 @ 6/1

Both Teams to Score in the Liverpool - Arsenal game
    Both Teams to Score in the CSKA - Zenit game
    Man City Win to Nil

@ over 4/1

Skrtel 1st goalscorer @ 22/1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

treble for tomorrow/saturday morning:
    Bastia
    under 3.5 in Blackpool v Hull
    Qarabag
    @ 2.85

Bastia haven't lost a game at home this season, they're top of the table, and play against a team who are 18th.

Most of Hull's games go under 2.5, Blackpool's games at home usually don't go over 3.5 so hopefully it will go as usual.

Qarabag are pretty strong at home and their opponents have a terrible record away from home, it's really either a Qarabag win or a 0-0 draw, so hopefully they'll find a way to score.

Get in! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

You're on a good run Lasagna!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement