Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Gone for the hero 10er accum this evening

Ireland
    Holland
    Croatia
    Wales -1

10e accum
    Really just for interest sakebut i fancy my chances ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Armenia are 5/4 to beat Canada today. Surely there is value here if they perform like we have seen over the past 2 years? It is also being played in Cyprus so you have to think they get an advantage there as well. Just something to keep an eye on. Kick off is at 5pm

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Holland team for tonight versus England (not official just yet)

dc4c8e66-f8ab-4250-a1a7-7606cc6d81bb_veldje_opstelling_engned.jpg

Dont expect most of them to play more than the 1st half.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

rvp didnt finish training... slight injury... think england will beat them 9/5 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Double:
    draw in Greece v Belgium
    draw in Ireland v Czech Republic
    @ 8.41

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Armenia are 5/4 to beat Canada today. Surely there is value here if they perform like we have seen over the past 2 years? It is also being played in Cyprus so you have to think they get an advantage there as well. Just something to keep an eye on. Kick off is at 5pm

Armenia have a 31 man squad that played Serbia yesterday as well as tonights game.The two top strikers and keeper didn't play but there was 1 or 2 decent players by their standard in that squad last night.Most of Canadas team are based in Central Europe so I don't think the location will be that big a factor.

A few for me tonight based on a bit of value and hunches:

Macedonia 8/11 and Ireland dnb 4/7 double-Luxembourg are poor,Pandevs in FYR side,enough convincing for me.We're in good form and I just can't see that Czech side winning in our place tonight,Stranger things have happened than a few botched friendlies though!

very small stake on Venuzuela,Just for ****s n giggles.Also a little on France @3/1 dnb,decent value imo.

Will probably have a small bet on some big lump to score the 1st goal in England Netherlands later,May see the line-ups first.A nice set piece header at 33/1 etc. will do nicely:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Just did a small treble to keep interest in the games tonight:
    International Friendlies
     Switzerland v Argentina 
    29-02-2012 19:30 
    Win-Draw-Win 
    Argentina @ 10/11

International Friendlies Wales v Costa Rica 
    29-02-2012 19:45 
    Win-Draw-Win 
    Wales @ 8/13

International Friendlies Poland v Portugal 
    29-02-2012 19:45 
    Win-Draw-Win 
    Portugal @ evens

Your Bets
    Treble 
    1 line at €2.50 per line 
    Total stake for this bet: €2.50 
    Potential returns: €15.42

Would be better than what i lost at the weekend on Newcastle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

want to have something to shout at :D

Hungary 5/6 (impressive side, at home vs poor bulgarian side)

Wales 4/6 (on the rise, at home, plus its gray speeds memorial match vs costa rica)

Denmark 13/10 (strong home form, at home to Russia who can struggle away from home)

Greece v Belgium draw 11/5 (Greece forever tough to break down vs Belgium's young aspiring side, stalemate for me)

Stake: 5
    Potential Returns: 112.44

Down at the first hurdle... Note to self; don't bother with friendlies

Hungary were 1-0, made 6 changes, conceded in 87th min

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sheff Utd -1 7/5
    Free €2 pp bet on the powerplay Ireland/Wales/Argentina 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Throwing a fiver on 0-0 in Landsdowne Road. 6/1.
    And I put 2.50 on McClean anytime at 7/2 for the gas. Didn't Trap say he'd feature at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Fack me but there was a lot of money lumped on Luxembourg before that equaliser .. was waiting to layoff @ 4/1 double chance, it fell like a stone into 5/2 .. 10 secs later it's 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

10 on Bellamy anytime @ 13/8. Captain for the night and could be his last game for Wales so lets hope he finishes in style

England and Holland teams:

Holland
    Stekelenburg; Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters; Van Bommel, De Jong; Sneijder; Robben, Van Persie, Kuijt.

England
    Hart; Richards, Smalling, Cahill, Baines; A. Johnson, Parker, Barry, Gerrard, Young; Welbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

bradlente wrote: »
    Armenia have a 31 man squad that played Serbia yesterday as well as tonights game.The two top strikers and keeper didn't play but there was 1 or 2 decent players by their standard in that squad last night.Most of Canadas team are based in Central Europe so I don't think the location will be that big a factor.

3-1 win for the Armenians after falling behind early. Good start to the evening! I got them @ 6/4 in my local bookies tho so better than the 5/4 I saw on Bet365.

Pity Denmark are screwing me now tho! 2-0 down to the Russians @ HT!

A couple of bankers for Wednesday:

under 2.5 goals in Tajikistan v North Korea @ 1.50

and Cyprus U21 to beat San Marino U21 @ 1.20

I've done a treble with these two plus Braga DNB @ 2.05 - I've got about 3/4 of my bankroll on it.

also looking at over 2.5 goals in San Marino u21 v Cyprus u21 @ 1.60 and under 3.5 goals in Bosnia v Brazil @ 1.33, will probably do a double with these two as well.
    An accum for Wednesday:
    Under 2.5 in Tajikistan v North Korea
    Cyprus U21
    South Korea
    Over 2.5 in Bahrain v Indonesia
    @ 2.85

Must win game for Bahrain as they still have a chance of finishing 2nd if Iran beat Qatar in the other game. Just look at the Indonesia squad for this game, they've basically left out all their regular experienced players,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesia_national_football_team#Current_squad
    Bahrain won the away fixture 2-0 and that was against Indonesia's best team.

South Korea will finish top of the group if they win this game, they're very strong at home and recently beat Uzbekistan 4-2 in a friendly.

North Korea's games almost always go under 2.5, they beat Tajikistan 1-0 in North Korea.

Cyprus U21 play against San Marino U21...nuff said :p
    another accum:
    Under 3.5 in Bosnia v Brazil
    Under 1.5 1st half goals in Tajikstan v North Korea
    Under 1.5 1st half goals in Oman v Thailand
    Bahrain -1
    @ 3.05
    Double:
    draw in Greece v Belgium
    draw in Ireland v Czech Republic
    @ 8.41

Incredible! this is my most profitable day since I've started betting, I should play EuroMillions :D

1 Over 3.5 Velez Sarsfield v Racing Trelew
    (Goal Line) 29/02/2012 None 2.10 To Run
    2 Over 3.5 Chile v Ghana
    (Alternative Goal Line) 01/03/2012 None 3.80 To Run

Bit of a long shot but had a nice night so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any thoughts on the Mexico v Colombia game? Thinking of backing Mexico at 10/11

Let's see if my luck continues...

double:
    Under 2.5 in Paraguay v Panama
    Under 2.5 in Naval v Atletico
    @ 2.95

want to have something to shout at :D

Hungary 5/6 (impressive side, at home vs poor bulgarian side)

Wales 4/6 (on the rise, at home, plus its gray speeds memorial match vs costa rica)

Denmark 13/10 (strong home form, at home to Russia who can struggle away from home)

Greece v Belgium draw 11/5 (Greece forever tough to break down vs Belgium's young aspiring side, stalemate for me)

Stake: 5
    Potential Returns: 112.44

Gotta laugh at this selection!!!! Hungary drew, Wales lost, Denmark lost:o Greece Belgium my only correct prediction

P Odemwingie 5/2
    R Van Persie 7/5

Double: (1)
    Total stake: 25.00
    Potential returns: 210.00

Chelsea won last weekend but horribly inconsistent this season and still problems at the club. WB gaining momentum, and Odemwingie going through a hot streak, 5 goals in 2 games.

Hoping Liverpool experience a '1st trophy in 6 years hangover' as they rarely concede much at home (conceded 8 in 12 home games). RVP is amazing anyway full stop

Wish me luck:D

• Advertisement

Let's see if my luck continues...

double:
    Under 2.5 in Paraguay v Panama
    Under 2.5 in Naval v Atletico
    @ 2.95

damn :( Not the first time that the Portuguese 2nd division has made me lose a bet, I guess it's time to add it to my black list. :pac:

treble for tomorrow/saturday morning:
    Bastia
    under 3.5 in Blackpool v Hull
    Qarabag
    @ 2.85

Bastia haven't lost a game at home this season, they're top of the table, and play against a team who are 18th.

Most of Hull's games go under 2.5, Blackpool's games at home usually don't go over 3.5 so hopefully it will go as usual.

Qarabag are pretty strong at home and their opponents have a terrible record away from home, it's really either a Qarabag win or a 0-0 draw, so hopefully they'll find a way to score.

Deportivo La Coruna - Alcorcon

Depor to win & over 2,5 match goals @2.5

Home record of La Coruna points to nothing but a win (P13 W11 D1 L1) while only 3 home games went under 2,5, one of them the only game they lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

inforfun wrote: »

Home record of La Coruna points to nothing but a win (P13 W11 D1 L1) while only 3 home games went under 2,5, one of them the only game they lost.

This is most likely a noob question as i dont bet very often.

But when i try bet for a team to win and also bet on the goals like above it dosent allow me to bet twice on the one match??

Im on bet365.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Arsenal DNB @ 7/5 tomorrow looks tempting. Anyone any thoughts on it?

This is most likely a noob question as i dont bet very often.

But when i try bet for a team to win and also bet on the goals like above it dosent allow me to bet twice on the one match??

Im on bet365.

That particular bet can be found under "goals > result/total goals" if you open all markets on the game on bet365

Went up to 2.75 i just saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

That particular bet can be found under "goals > result/total goals" if you open all markets on the game on bet365

Went up to 2.75 i just saw.

Ah i see thanks very much for your help, not the easiest site to move about on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Mark! wrote: »
    Arsenal DNB @ 7/5 tomorrow looks tempting. Anyone any thoughts on it?

Liverpool are pretty tough to beat at Anfield. Also barring that freak game with Chelsea, Arsenal have been comprehensively beaten at all the big teams. I'd be more inclined to back under 2.5 goals if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Alcorcon won 4-0 at home back in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Duisburg v Greuther Furth in 2.Bundesliga tonight.

Greuther are top of the table and in good form playing a team that's lost their last 4 games running, not a bad shout @1.83

Or pair it with Bastia @1.44 and it's 2.65.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just got an email through from Victor Chandler about a free bet.

" Place a £10 or more real cash bet on the Liverpool v Arsenal 90 minute win/draw/win market and we'll credit all losing selections with a £10 free bet."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement