Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

This what I'm talking about. Search out the value in obscure leagues and gives a good review. This is whats required to be a profitable punter.

Good luck with your bets.

Viviano from Inter has signed for Palermo, don't expect them to concede, he's probably the 3rd best Italian keeper, they've been playing with a very average keeper when using Benussi, theres been a lot of rotation in the front line for Palermo, I'd wait to see who'd in the starting lineup, on their day Palermo can beat anyone, and if Miccolli/Ilicic is on form they could spring a surprise.

Chievo should win with Bradley being in midfield, but I could see Palermo scoring tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Viviano from Inter has signed for Palermo, don't expect them to concede, he's probably the 3rd best Italian keeper, they've been playing with a very average keeper when using Benussi, theres been a lot of rotation in the front line for Palermo, I'd wait to see who'd in the starting lineup, on their day Palermo can beat anyone, and if Miccolli/Ilicic is on form they could spring a surprise.

Chievo should win with Bradley being in midfield, but I could see Palermo scoring tbh.

They've been dire away from home though,home form has been fantastic, but it'll be close match and would be very surprised if it's won by more than a goal. I have a match so won't get to check line-up's before taking the bet, 10/11 for the BTTS-NO is just too high imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Newcastle to win vs QPR 4/5 tomorrow Yay/Nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ya i'd hope, i've chosen them and the draw in a last man standing comp,

But without Ba and Tiote, its gonna be hard to predict how they will fair, they will definitily be weaker, and with only Best and Ameobi to choose from up front its gonna be harder for them to score goals, QPR are that poor though, so they should get the result.

The odds dont really reflect what i've just mentioned though.

edit, Barton is on a ban too, afaik,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Football Friend

I would be careful if I was you. Newcastle have only won 5/10 home games this year while averaging 1.5 scored and 1.1 conceded. QPR have lost 6/10 away games this year averaging 1 scored and 1.8 conceded. On stats alone this probably points to a tight game but maybe a 1 goal win for Newcastle but it depends on how much weight you want to put on the fact the Tiote and Demba Ba are missing for Newcastle and the new manager effect at QPR.

torres9kop wrote: »
    Wimbledon wont win lollol

How much did you win yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I would be careful if I was you. Newcastle have only won 5/10 home games this year while averaging 1.5 scored and 1.1 conceded. QPR have lost 6/10 away games this year averaging 1 scored and 1.8 conceded. On stats alone this probably points to a tight game but maybe a 1 goal win for Newcastle but it depends on how much weight you want to put on the fact the Tiote and Demba Ba are missing for Newcastle and the new manager effect at QPR.

Arsenal 5/6 a better bet imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Ben Arfa anytime @ 3.00 is very tempting, will have to see if he starts though, if he doesn't he might as well look for another team...

manual_man wrote: »

Swansea are one of the hardest teams to beat at home in the league, only 4 conceded. Arsenal aren't exactly scoring for fun either, 6 goals in their last 5. I can see a 1-0 victory for Arsenal but I'd stay away from this game tbh.

• Advertisement

Ben Arfa anytime @ 3.00 is very tempting, will have to see if he starts though, if he doesn't he might as well look for another team...

Looking like its going to be him and Shola up front, love watching Ben Arfa play.

Just took acccount of everything yesterday and realised I was over 500+ up. Sound.

398766_201537446608592_192475977514739_391822_1939022118_n.jpg

Double of:
    Under 2.5 in the Newcastle game
    Swansea win or draw
    @ 3.26

Single on Ben Arfa anytime @ 3.00

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

How much did you win yesterday?

What a stupid comment...Sure some people only back a fiver where you mite back 500, so you'll always win more.

I understand you just made a comment regards Palermo just to help a follow punter which is good/nice of you and I like to see that. But the comment above is stupid. I don't care how much you won yesterday or any other day so please stop making reference to it.

After all, we all just bet for the enjoyment of it and try to make a money off it

yesno1234 wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »

Swansea are one of the hardest teams to beat at home in the league, only 4 conceded. Arsenal aren't exactly scoring for fun either, 6 goals in their last 5. I can see a 1-0 victory for Arsenal but I'd stay away from this game tbh.

I think Arsenal will have too much creatively for them. I fancy Arsenal to win by one or two, Arteta to be the star performer

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Anybody got info of the Bayern starting 11 for their friendly at 1.

Thinking of taking them -2 or -3.
    They are away to a third tier German team who are mid table. Would fancy them to easily win with a half decent team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Gone for draw in both New/QPR + Arsenal/Swansea.

Also done under 2.5 in both games

Newcastle starting line-up: Krul, Coloccini, Santon, R Taylor, Williamson, Simpson, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Best, Shola Ameobi

What kind of ****ing joke is that?! I hope they lose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Premier League Matches Newcastle v QPR
    15-01-2012 13:30
    Asian Handicap 1
    Newcastle (-1.0) @ 2.25

Bet is refunded if Newcastle only win by 1 goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Newcastle starting line-up: Krul, Coloccini, Santon, R Taylor, Williamson, Simpson, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Guthrie, Best, Shola Ameobi

What kind of ****ing joke is that?! I hope they lose now.

Ba and tiote are at the african cup of nations.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Ba and tiote are at the african cup of nations.

I know but keeping Ben Arfa on the bench is criminal :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

did a treble of:
    Newcastle v QPR - draw @ 13/5
    KVK Tiernen v Standard Wetteren - under 2.5 goals @ 10/11
    AC Milan v Inter - penalty awarded yes @ 21/10

around 20/1

gudede wrote: »
    What a stupid comment...Sure some people only back a fiver where you mite back 500, so you'll always win more.

I understand you just made a comment regards Palermo just to help a follow punter which is good/nice of you and I like to see that. But the comment above is stupid. I don't care how much you won yesterday or any other day so please stop making reference to it.

After all, we all just bet for the enjoyment of it and try to make a money off it

The lads mocking me as I said I'd steer clear of it and gave reasoning as to why not to bet on it, saying he won on it, I was merely asking him a question about how much he won on it? There was no malice intended, just a genuine question.

Chievo v Palermo Kick off: 14.00
    Chievo's last 5 home: W D W L D
    Palermo's last 5 away: D L D L L
    Chievo have only conceded once in last 5 matches, conceded four in eight at home this year.
    Palermo have only scored 2 in the last 5, both of these came in their last match. They have only scored two away from home in the league all season.

Chievo to win to nil (5/2 PP), Chievo clean sheet (7/5 PP), Chievo straight win (6/5 Coral), Both teams to score NO (10/11 VC)

Don't know what I'm taking here but I'll probably be putting a biggish stake on the BTTS NO, that's a huge price considering it's come in 6/8 times in Chievo home games (last 5 in a row) and 7/8 times in Palermo away matches

Tienen v Standard Wetteren - Belgian 2nd Division Kick off: 13.30

The home side's started the season scoring freely at home however this has dried up now, scored 2 in last 4. They've been conceding a lot of goals but there's no need to worry about that as the away side don't score.

Away side while being dreadful don't conceede away from home, they don't score either though, they've never conceded more than 2 in an away match and they've only scored two away goals this year. Unders has come in 9/10 times in their away matches this season.

Under 2.5 goals (Evens PP)

This is definately worth a small bet, the only reason the odds are so high is because of the home team conceding so many contributing to a lot of overs.

Chievo 1 - 0 Palermo

Tienen 1 - 1 Standard Wetteren

I had traded out on the Tienen match and would have made €25 profit had the 3rd goal went in, still made €15 profit so all's good.

5/5 so far today and 0-0 at half time in my 6th tip so pretty good day so far.

10 on Ramsey first scorer 11/1

RVP wincast, €20 on at 17/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

nice start Voltwad

Leixoes v Belenenses - Portugal 2nd Division kick off: 15.00

Leixoes last 5 home : W L W L W
    Belenenses : L L L L L

Leixoes seem to be a good outfit at home and are pushing for promotion while the away side are dire and look likely to be relegated.

Leixoes -0.5 Asian Handicap(13/12 188BET), this is same as straight up win.

Definately worth a medium stake for this, above evens is just too good for side's which there's a sizeable gulf in class.

Match finishes 0-0, Leixoes only really came into the game with 20 mins left but I was hoping they'd nick it.

Oh well onwards and upwards, 5/6 ain't bad at all.

Hope some followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Besiktas win 4/5

Last 3 meetings between these two have seen Besiktas winners.

Double of:
    Under 2.5 in the Newcastle game
    Swansea win or draw
    @ 3.26

Get in! :D

• Advertisement

Bastarding Arsenal!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement