Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ and India in Australia 2011/2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

dfx- wrote: »
    Howlers? Edges are things hotspot doesn't necessarily find either.

Exactly. BCCI and Ravi Shastri reasons are simple, why go for technology when they are not 100% reliable. Even hot spots have missed faintest of edges when snickometer caught the sound.

Tbh I would leave Cricket like this, no need to take fun out of the game. Mistakes happens, but in the end it will even out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

What a ripper from Siddle to get rid of Tendulkar.....Amazing how both Ponting and Tendulkar....the two best players of the modern generation with their 90 odd test centuries between them are struggling to convert fifties into hundreds!!

booth70 wrote: »
    Amazing how both Ponting and Tendulkar....the two best players of the modern generation with their 90 odd test centuries between them are struggling to convert fifties into hundreds!!

Another fifty from Ponting...its 2 years since he made a hundred but he still remains Australia's best batsman and should bat at 3......

booth70 wrote: »
    India's resistance to the DRS system continues to baffle everyone:mad::mad:......two howlers from elite umpires today which would have been overruled by the DRS....still it will take SRT to be wrongly given out on 99 for India to change its stance;)

http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/diffstrokes/archives/2011/12/umpiring_errors_are_part_of_th.php

Excellent article on the use (or lack of ) the DRS.....I still think when technology is available use it

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

I'm sitting in my room refreshing the cricinfo app on my ipod every 5 seconds, damn time difference. God, this is tense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Not tense anymore, well done Mike Hussey!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Somebody stop Clarke from 400!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

He stopped himself! Shame that, would I liked to see some history being made!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Why in gods name did he declare!!

He had about 7 sessions left in the game - would almost be at 401 now, maybe he'd need to eat into half an hour tonight but still ample time to bowl out a misfiring Indian batting line-up!

Advertisement