Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ and India in Australia 2011/2

Options
  • 01-12-2011 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

Big summer for Australian cricket....2 tests v NZ and 4 tests v India

New look bowling line up for Australia.....Starc ,Pattinson , Lyon!!!...still doing pretty well though.....NZ 5/96 just after lunch on Day 1

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Looking forward to another Summer of the most annoying commentary on television...channel9..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

dfx- wrote: »
    Looking forward to another Summer of the most annoying commentary on television...channel9..:)

Lead by the most annoying commentator on television....Mark Nicholas:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

did richie benaud come out of retirement?

I thought I heard him before Clarke played on to a no-ball, but I'm not sure
    booth70 wrote: »
    Lead by the most annoying commentator on television....Mark Nicholas:mad:

Ah now, let's not discount Ian Healy or Tony Greig that easily..

NZ 28/5 in the second innings and currently 107/6, so that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Australia wrap up the win with a debut 5-27 including a triple wicket maiden

Clarke gets a first test win in his first test as captain

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Any team looking to boost their confidence should always try and get a Test or two against New Zealand to make themselves feel better.

saucer of milk?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

kryogen wrote: »
    saucer of milk?

It shouldn't be taken as a knock against Australia, but New Zealand were disgracefully bad in the 1st test. Australia bowled well but so many of them gifted their wickets especially Ryder, Mc Cullum and their captain Taylor.:pac:

I was more impressed by Australia against South Africa, as they had to play really well and battle against a quality team.

Last week you really can't underestimate the limitation and stupidity of the opposition.

For the record I fancy Aus to batter India, Sehwag and Gambhir are in bad form, the pressure over that century seems to be hurting Sachin and without Kumar I think its going to be hard for Zaheer and the other bowlers to carry the workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If Zaheer gets injured, better not to turn up for the game. We dont have a chance without Zak.

Also Rjd2, Sehwag is kind of mystery player. He may have few average innings, but he will all of a sudden score a big one, that too run a ball big score. He is that kind of player.

Sachin is not getting that magical 100 but still making useful contribution. Such is the standard set by him, anything other than a 100 is treated as bad innings for him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

kryogen wrote: »
    saucer of milk?

Well, they have beaten Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in the last 2 years, so I take it all back.

• Advertisement

NZ struggled to beat Zimbabwe in that one off test recently.....so to expect them to be competitive against the likes of Australia is hoping against hope

Ross Taylor wanted a 3 test series against Australia but watching them play in Brisbane makes me wonder whether they actually deserve Test status anymore:confused:

Hopefully India will put up a better fight later this month but I expect Australia to win comfortably given that they are playing at home

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/current/story/544129.html

Can't quite believe how well Dravid has batted this year....watching him struggle a few years ago I thought that was the end for him but he has been an absolute revelation lately

Would be fitting if both Ponting and Dravid score plenty of runs this series

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    If Zaheer gets injured, better not to turn up for the game. We dont have a chance without Zak.

Also Rjd2, Sehwag is kind of mystery player. He may have few average innings, but he will all of a sudden score a big one, that too run a ball big score. He is that kind of player.

Sachin is not getting that magical 100 but still making useful contribution. Such is the standard set by him, anything other than a 100 is treated as bad innings for him ;)

:pac:

Super double century.

its been rubbish bowling and rubbish fielding on a good batting track but you cant take away from the man.

what a performance

83/6 on a spicy wicket in Hobart

James Pattinson picked up another 5 wicket haul (his second in two matches) and Siddle took 3 as the Aussies blew away the New Zealand batsmen for 150 all out

The reply paused on 12-1 with, you guessed it, Phil Hughes being the Aussie batsman to get out

83/6 on a spicy wicket in Hobart

the amount of swing and seam form the first hour i watched was unreal.

Washout wrote: »

Thought Siddle bowled extremely well, using the conditions brilliantly pitching it up with a good line

I have always wondered, why people say "Meh that was easy batting track" when batsman score a big one on a batting freindly track but none will say "Meh that was easy bowling track/conditions" when the conditions are near impossible to bat for long hours.

Not directing at any innings or anyone in particular, just a thought.

Washout wrote: »

Conversely, I also watched the end of the Bangladesh innings at home to Pakistan. Dear me. Flat pitch, awful awful technique for international class batsmen.

P Hughes c Guptill b Martin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Conversely, I also watched the end of the Bangladesh innings at home to Pakistan. Dear me. Flat pitch, awful awful technique for international class batsmen.

P Hughes c Guptill b Martin :)
    Normal score on the Bangladesh pitch is 350 or so:pac::mad:

NZ 151 ahead with 7 wits in hand!!.....who would have thought that after Day 1 :confused:

NZ 151 ahead with 7 wits in hand!!.....who would have thought that after Day 1 :confused:

Normal service restored!!!......Australia 72 for 0 chasing 241.....if they survive the first hour tomoro without any major damage they should walk this

They did get through the first hour...159/2

to 199/9:eek:

Edit: and now 233 all out after so many referrals and overturned decisions :eek:

Great Test cricket again.

Ross Taylor wanted a 3 test series against Australia but watching them play in Brisbane makes me wonder whether they actually deserve Test status anymore

Well what do I know:(:(......my apologies to NZ cricket

Another great test match.....that makes it 4 in the last month or so:):)

Great drama with the referrals and overturns. Twice NZ thought they had it but hawkeye said no. Certainly the first one on Lyon...it looked to have pitched in line with the naked eye and certainly struck in line, yet hawkeye said no on both. There was a rumour that it had been calibrated out of line..

Even the final wicket, the nerves checking the no ball..I was barely able to watch wanting Slater and Taylor and Nicholas and Greig to face defeat. Smith on commentary at the time too winding them up. Great stuff.:)

Click on the link below for Dravids speech at the Annual Bradman oration in Canberra yesterday......definitely worth a read

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/full-text-dravids-bradman-oration/62281-13.html

With lack of warm up matches I can see heavy defeat in first test for us. I dont know when will we learn that we need to play at least two warm up games (3 or 4 days matches) to get used to conditions. We did the same mistake last time as were punished heavily in first test.

India's resistance to the DRS system continues to baffle everyone:mad::mad:......two howlers from elite umpires today which would have been overruled by the DRS....still it will take SRT to be wrongly given out on 99 for India to change its stance;)

• Advertisement

Howlers? Edges are things hotspot doesn't necessarily find either.

Advertisement