Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Hybrid

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

So why not make combos 3-4 tight links instead of a massively long string which happens to involve the same number of tight links.

Same difficulty of execution, less buggering around not actually playing the player.

There's no need for such ridiculously verbose input strings without player interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would agree with this. Punishes in SF4 can be for alot of damage but they are quick. Your opponent only spends 5 seconds or so not pressing buttons. This can be wayyy longer in tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would agree with this. Punishes in SF4 can be for alot of damage but they are quick. Your opponent only spends 5 seconds or so not pressing buttons. This can be wayyy longer in tekken and Marvel. Hell, in marvel there are times when you may aswell put your controller down.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Sorry Dr. Doom.
    In the context I was replying to what was clearly a passive 'Ad Hominem' reply.

But still, moderation noted: apologies.

@ Kirby & Scavenger
    Precisely my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

DrBhup wrote: »
    Answer this for me:
    why not make combos shorter? same damage, same everything everything else, why not make just them shorter?

Because it's not given that even if a person gets in a launcher that he'll be able to do max damage combos every time. I cannot even pull of max damage combos for my main character all the time. I whiff, thus paying the price for not practicing enough.

Try learning max damage combos for Ling or Lee or other characters that are difficult to pull off. It shoud be rewarded if you actually put in the work to learn those combos.

But I think the point he was making is that the "hard work" you speak of doesn't need to manifest itself in the form of juggle combos! The hard work can be learning movement, spacing, and punishing. If I had no juggles in Tekken I could still destroy someone using these three, and the other player would never have to "put their controller down" and watch a combo video.

Actually writing this it makes so much sense! :) I think I am convinced...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Juggle combos made me cease even casually playing Tekken 6......just ask the last two posters..... >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Think someone at casuals said it best like this:

"Tekken 5 combos do just as much damage as in Tekken 6 -- except they're faster & you need to press less buttons."

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I think this thread is heading toward a consensus.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

With regard to the Hybrid Package, I got it for less then €20 on Amazon, so at that price it was totally worth it. If you thinking of shelling out nearly 30 though please keep the following in mind.

1. TTT2 Prologue only gives you 3 and a 1/2 characters, not 4 as Kazuya in arcade TTT2 can turn into Devil Kazuya, where as in the PS3 demo he is stuck in Devil mode permantly.

2. The demo has no practice mode, and you dont even get a move list when you pause the game. You also cant even select your costume and are stuck with the 1p costume (unless of course your playing a versus game and the other player picks the same character).

3. There are reports that TTT1HD has input lag and even some slowdown/frameskipping in places (the snow stage).

3. There is no online whatsoever, only trophies.

4. The movie has some cool fight scenes but is, for the most part, crap.

On the plus side, nobody plays TTT1 anymore at a competitive level, and the TTT2 demo is the nearest thing you will get to playing the game untill xmas this year.

Overall, its worth it if your a Tekken fan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ferg96

I was really pissed off when I found out that they took away the one on one mode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Wha???

Advertisement