Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McNamara's at it again.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I see everyone has lost their sense of humour in AH's.

@johnr1 why are you so concerned about me opening a link, I said I didn't open it. Post count might mean something to you but not to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

hondasam wrote: »

Haven't you heard... Tuesday is "Serious Night".

It's in the revised charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Haven't you heard... Tuesday is "Serious Night".

It's in the revised charter.

Thought Tuesday was drink night. AH's doing serious what ever next:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps he's been sentenced to hard labour, cracking rocks in a chain-gang, and the court-case has been kept out of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No you have my word, I have no intentions of opening the link.

Fight the powah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Fight the powah.

Logical?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

finbarrk wrote: »
    Logical?

Tree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The projected cost of its manufacture and installation is believed to be in excess of €1 million.

My hole it will.
    Usual bollox from the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Post count might mean something to you but not to me.

Says your wan with...........the guts of 40 posts a day!!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Nah, I think he's a knob and what he's doing is just yet another example of the absurd ****e that people get away with in this country.

We're pretty much a laughing stock at this stage so I say why not play up to it? We're headed right down the ****ter anyway so why not go out in style.

I hope he builds lots and lots of stupid, expensive pointless crap all over the place because we ****ing deserve it for letting it happen.

He already has, they're called ghost estates and empty apartment blocks. Perhaps he's hoping that those can be designated as 'modern art installations' and then he can get himself a grant from the Arts Counsel....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

@johnr1 why are you so concerned about me opening a link, I said I didn't open it. Post count might mean something to you but not to me.

I'm not one bit concerned whether you opened the link or not, I was more interested in the fact that you felt the need to take a shot at another part of the country even though you couldn't be bothered to look at the photo and had expressed no interest in the story. Again: Why post then??

Postcount clearly means a lot to me; yeah- I'm not the one with 20k posts in a year and a half, :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭irishgeo

it would be more in his line to fill in the huge hole in the ground he has left in keel village first.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Monorail!

it's a shame he wouldn't start paying off his debts rather than taking every opportunity to show off like a spoiled child. That many people hold him up as some sort of hero shows just how backwards so many people in this country are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

:D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1202/breaking45.html
    Property developer Joe McNamara has been jailed until next Tuesday by a High Court judge for contempt of an order requiring him to immediately cease building a ‘Stonehenge-like structure’ which he intends as a “place of reflection” on Achill Island.
    Mr McNamara, acquitted earlier this year of criminal damage and dangerous driving over an incident where a cement lorry with the words “toxic bank” was driven at the gates of Leinster House, was asked by Mayo County Council’s planning officers last week to stop the unauthorised works but continued with them.

The council then brought proceedings against Mr McNamara (41), with addresses at Achill Island, Co Mayo and Salthill, Co Galway, and secured orders on November 26th last requiring him to cease the works.

It claimed works continued after he was served with those orders and it then initiated proceedings for attachment and committal of Mr McNamara.

After hearing from the sides yesterday, Mr Justice Roderick Murphy found Mr McNamara had continued work on the structure, an outer ring of large columns with tapping stones placed on top, despite being properly served with the order to cease those works.

The failure to comply was “a serious matter”, planning laws and regulations were in place for a good reason and were not designed to thwart people, the judge said.

As Mr McNamara was not prepared to purge his contempt, he was to remain in Mountjoy prison until next Tuesday, the judge said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

irishgeo wrote: »
    it would be more in his line to fill in the huge hole in the ground he has left in keel village first.
    Think thats his brothers "project."

Advertisement