Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I got very lucky with two pairs, didn't split until near 500m in each.

Ran easy in a pair of beat up novablast this evening, putting it down to the zoom fly just not suiting me for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I sent a pair of tempos back after 22mths for a free replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Have been in the lookout for a good price on the saucony pro 3 for the last while. Will be doing a few 10k races this year and will probably do a hm in June. Don't have a carbon shoe but have been impressed with with sauconys speed and triumphs. Saw the puma deviate nitro elite v2 on sale in lifestyle yesterday for 100 so ordered them straight away. Arrived this morning, tried them on and I know they are a racing shoe but they are very narrow in the midfoot and toe box. I know the grip will be fantastic. I'll give them a go tonight so hopefully they won't be too uncomfortable. Anyone else have these shoes?. Would be interesting to see what people think of them, I know they are not up there with the top racing shoes but at a hundred quid I couldn't pass them up. Blue and white colourway are easy on the eye too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I saw that as well via an email from them (btw they were offering an extra 10% off today), but I got a pair of Pumas last year and sent them back because they were too narrow. I went to the 2 sports shops in town to try them out but they had none in stock. All the reviews I read said mentioned their narrowness so I didn't order them.

I did get pair of Nike Invincible for 126.00, I have been wondering about them for a while but didn't want to pay full price. However, they might go back as well, but couldn't resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Probably already aware but Lifestyle have that Puma run promise, so you can always try them out for a couple of weeks and return if not happy.

• Advertisement

Yeah I saw they were down to 90 today. I still see them selling for 220 in some places so not too bad. My friend got the invincible and he just uses them for casual wear now. He found them too soft I think and they didn't fit him properly

Didn't know you could return them after running in them. If that's true then that's excellent customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭MisterJinx

I could be wrong but I thought they had that return policy on all shoes

Thats fantastic. I won't be sending back the pumas anyway. Took them for an easy 8k earlier. Not really the kind of run to do them justice but had to throw them on. Sounds strange but the my toes didn't feel as restricted once I got running so that was good. Shoes felt only alright to be honest. I know this foam will take some time to break in but they didn't feel that responsive. I did a few short strides just to test them and to be honest there is a lot more life and bounce from the speed 3s. The stack didn't feel like it was 36 in the heel, felt a bit lower. Torrential rain but the grip was exceptional as expected. Will take them for a speed session next week and hopefully that will be better .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

This is probably not the right thread but anyone know of high heel runners.

Heel drop it is called but most runners don't say the heel drop but look like they are high but when you get them they are not as expected.

I don't run but have arthritis in front of my ankle and my foot doesn't move up at the front so it it hard walking up hill. With a higher heel drop this would help as it make a the slope less of an incline and more level.

Sorry to go on and I don't go to shops to try runners out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would Brooks Ghost suit? Heel drop is 12mm, also a popular walking shoe brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Easy enough to find the drop on all runners through their website or decent shoe websites. Some even offer a filter based on it like below. I've flat feet so like a drop of 8mm or more so often use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

Many people have reported heel slip problems with the Invincible 3.

I got my invincibles yesterday and walked around in the office and thought the heel slip was bad alright. However, I went out for a run this morning and tied them up using the heel lock lacing and didn't experience any slipping.

Very happy with them so far and they want to go faster than my Nimbus 25s.

Post edited by T-Bird on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

I am looking to see thoughts on the Speed 3s for racing. Bit of background and history

I ran in the Speed 1s when they first came out. Find them pretty good and still have them.

Then I moved to the Pro 2s. I find in both of these they benefit me hugely pace wise, but once I get to around 14 miles or so, I get very sore ankles. Like I need to stop and walk, the pain is unbearable. I would over pronate a bit so I think maybe its that somehow.

I purchased the Pro 3s late last year as got them on a good BF deal. But after a mile or two in them, that pain came back. I have since gone back to the Pro 2s and again fine in those.

I cant seem to find the Pro 2s for sale anywhere now at all. And cos the Pro 3s dont work, I wont be going for them.

So looking to see how anyone who has run in Pro 2s and has moved to the Speed 3s, how did you find it? Did you feel much difference in speed, is the Winged Nylon Plate as good as the Carbon Plate or did you notice a drop off in performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭marathon2022

The speed 3 is an absolutely rubbish shoe, compared to the 1 or 2. I only had the pro 1 which I liked. Do not buy this shoe for racing.

I also read that the speed 3s were bad. I have the 2s and get the same problems as you, but I don't have it with the pro 3s

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

I really liked the Speed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I have mixed feelings about the Speed 3. They're not as fast as the first two versions but they are probably a bit more versatile. I mainly use them for easy runs which isn't really what they're intended for.

I wouldn't recommend them to replace the Pro 2. They're nowhere near as fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’ve ran in multiple pairs of all 3 speeds (only had the Pro 1). I put 1,000 on all shoes.

The 3 isn’t as much of a tempo shoe as the 2 was, but by all accounts it’s a good shoe and seemed to work well after the first few runs. Currently finishing a marathon block and the Speed could be used for pretty much all runs.

the new 4 is supposed to be back in the game for sure, but farr too expensive @ €200.

The simple reality is that for any average runner, if you wanted one single pair of shoes for everything including a race, the Endorphin Speed is that shoe imho.

however, right now, today, I’d buy a pair of the endorphin Pro 3 on sale instead the Speed 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,980 ✭✭✭✭event

Ok thanks all, I will leave them alone

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Speaking of the Endorphin range, has anyone got any feedback on the Elite? I'm tempted to pick up a pair but the price tag is pretty hefty. I've seen them compared to the Alphafly 1 which is pretty high praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭py

I was doing some research on these lately. A few of the reports I read that if you are in the Sub 3 range for marathon they are for you. If not, you likely won't get your moneys worth. I ended up buying a pair of the new Endorphin Pro 4 for racing in as I had good success with the Pro 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Alpha fly 3's are in stock in Lifestyle, anyone get a pair. I'm thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭sk8board

I got a notification from the Nike app too. €309

Mad money, not saying they aren't good but just more of a general comment on the price of running shoes these days, also a bit odd that the 2's are still the same price as the 3's

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Crazy money alright in fairness, but its my main hobby so I do not mind spending a few quid. If you compare to lads playing golf or other hobbies, it is small money.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Looking at new watches all morning and then I open this and actually consider buying a pair, luckily a cup of tea, a few custard creams and some sober judgment has me back to the watch buying. Maybe in the autumn for Marathon season.

• Advertisement

I hear ya, I have about 2 dozen pairs of running shoes!

No doubt I'll end up getting the 3's also, still have a pair of 1 with low milage and a pair of 2's that are box fresh to get through first !

Advertisement