Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

FinnC wrote: »
    Logged onto New Balance there and lo and behold they had a 42.5 in stock for €161. Bought them straight away, delighted!

Nice one. Do come back and tell us how they worked out for you after a few runs

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

AhhHere wrote: »
    Not sure but I will say I owned a version of these several years back and it was easily the worst running shoe I ever had. Would recommend Nike react miler for a stability shoe. Often get good price in their sales. Which is currently live.

Just for a difference of opinion - I have have loved nearly all of the wave rider's I have owned. I think I have worn through about 5 pairs at this stage. The wave inspire is their stability model but the Rider is fairly robust as it is.

I was thinking of trying the react miler also as I seen it on sale. 78 Euro on sale at the moment in my size....:)

Kander wrote: »
    Just for a difference of opinion - I have have loved nearly all of the wave rider's I have owned. I think I have worn through about 5 pairs at this stage. The wave inspire is their stability model but the Rider is fairly robust as it is.

I was thinking of trying the react miler also as I seen it on sale. 78 Euro on sale at the moment in my size....:)

react is a great foam imo if you've never tried it - very comfortable with a bit of responsiveness and very durable (cushion is effective for a lot longer in terms of miles than other materials)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

Kander wrote: »

Where are they on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Where are they on sale?

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/react-miler-2-road-running-shoe-XCT8Np/CW7121-100

Plenty of sizes & colours available still.

I have 4 pairs of various shoes in rotation, 4 more still in boxes hidden...I wonder can I get away with hiding another set in the house without the other half noticing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Mullinabreena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

What are people's thoughts on the Nike React Infinity Flyknits for marathon training? Reading mixed reviews online but they were too pretty to turn down...
    https://www.prodirectfit.com/productimages/Gallery_2/227535_Gallery_2_0747895.jpg?imwidth=768

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Dante wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on the Nike React Infinity Flyknits for marathon training? Reading mixed reviews online but they were too pretty to turn down...
    https://www.prodirectfit.com/productimages/Gallery_2/227535_Gallery_2_0747895.jpg?imwidth=768

I love them. More suited to easy miles. I probably wouldn't wear them for any sort of session. Wouldn't be my first choice for a long run either but that's more down to the fact I've shifted towards some of the upper end shoes for that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

After sending my Asics Metaspeed edge back(they just weren't for me, tried them on 2 runs) I did a bit of research into the NB Fuelcell elite v2. Received them on Friday & did my run that day in them. They felt really good straight out of the box. They have that squishy feel i like but not too soft. They fit really well, bit of room in the toe box & my ankle felt supported. Started off my warm up & really enjoyed the feeling, felt quite effortless & was very easy for the pace to creep up! The best part was running a bit faster, they really came into their own, handled well going around corners, felt stable, with the pace you could feel the effects of the carbon plate with each step & it felt great! Only the one run done in them as these will be my marathon shoe but have to say I am extremely happy with these runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Dante

I love them. More suited to easy miles. I probably wouldn't wear them for any sort of session. Wouldn't be my first choice for a long run either but that's more down to the fact I've shifted towards some of the upper end shoes for that stuff.
    I'll only be using them for long slogs so its all good. I use the peg turbo 2s for my pacey runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

glasso wrote: »
    fits true to size according to reviews

https://weartesters.com/adidas-sl20-performance-review/

so if the Nike size is his current normal shoe size then get the same

Cheers

I just bought a pair as had previously bought saucony shift for easy runs but they didn’t work out .

Only one run in them so far - and liking them .

What shoes do you use for long runs?

Bluesquare wrote: »
    What shoes do you use for long runs?

Fuelcell TC. Or Pegasus Turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Fuelcell TC. Or Pegasus Turbo.
    How do these compare? I ask because I was a fan of the original Turbo but didn't like the Turbo 2 at all, ended up giving them away with about 60 miles on them. I felt very unsupported in them particularly around the heel. On the other hand Fuelcell TC & RC both getting super reviews but I've never worn any NB shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Opposite of Swashbuckler. I hate them. Clown shoes. So soft that I use them for walking more than running. Grand for easy runs. Would be ok for longer easier runs but forget about strides or anything more than a plod. Then again, that's just my take :cool:

Perhaps the one redeeming feature for me is no tongue. One less thing to fiddle with going out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

ariana` wrote: »
    How do these compare? I ask because I was a fan of the original Turbo but didn't like the Turbo 2 at all, ended up giving them away with about 60 miles on them. I felt very unsupported in them particularly around the heel. On the other hand Fuelcell TC & RC both getting super reviews but I've never worn any NB shoe.

I've worn lots and lots of NB.
    Best durable versatile long run shoe was the 880. Went through 3 pairs

Nicest shoe to run in Fuelcell TC (I haven't tried RC yet) but I get blisters and wouldn't use for more than half marathon (which surprised me). Still much better than the 1500 series by a long shot.

1080 series is lovely and plush to start but looses that bounce and comfort too quickly. I went through 4 pairs

In general I've enjoyed NB and Adidas more than Nike

How does the NB fuel cell compare to the saucony speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Have you gents/ladies have any alternative brand to Asics 2e and 4e (wide runners)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Jude13 wrote: »
    Have you gents/ladies have any alternative brand to Asics 2e and 4e (wide runners)?

Pretty sure New Balance do a wide fit also. Here's one example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭FinnC

I didn’t think I’d like anything more than the Speeds, that was until I wore the latest New Balances Fuelcell range. The TC and the Rebel V2 are brilliant. I’m also still using the Rebel V1 and I have the RC Elite V1 on their way to me as we speak.
    Don’t get me the wrong the Saucony Speed are a great shoe and I am on my second pair and will most likely buy another pair but I do prefer the Fuelcell foam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thanks for that, I have tried new balance and for some reason they are torture for me, I had to take off a pair and get home in my socks level of torture. They looked the business and I really wanted to like them.

FinnC wrote: »
    I didn’t think I’d like anything more than the Speeds, that was until I wore the latest New Balances Fuelcell range. The TC and the Rebel V2 are brilliant. I’m also still using the Rebel V1 and I have the RC Elite V1 on their way to me as we speak.
    Don’t get me the wrong the Saucony Speed are a great shoe and I am on my second pair and will most likely buy another pair but I do prefer the Fuelcell foam.

Lol - please don’t tell me this stuff - if I put as much effort into running as shoe buying I wouldn’t be concerned with looking for fancy shoes to start! However from a research side I’ll have to go investigate . I do love my speeds but very disappointed that I put a toe through them fairly sharpish. Not a good look

I really wanted to get the speeds because the hype is real, but I need something with a roomy toebox, bottom lace bit of room across the top, so I went for the fuelcell tc. They fit perfect, using them sparingly in my rotation, to keep them for the Mullingar half in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

What are the differences between the Fuellcell RC and TC? Particularly in terms of profile + weight? And longevity!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

For me the Speeds (& Endorphin Pro's) are better for paces that are faster than MP. They are more firmer & responsive - but still offer that cushioning.

I enjoy the NB TC's for MP efforts or long steady runs - but don't find them responsive enough for the faster paces.
    The foam is a tad squishy for that IMO.

Dont get me wrong - the NB TC (I dont have the RC....yet) is a fine shoe - I have 2 pairs!

Sacksian wrote: »
    What are the differences between the Fuellcell RC and TC? Particularly in terms of profile + weight? And longevity!

Basically one is supposed to be a training shoe (TC)the other are racing(RC) It’s the same as the Endorphin Speed and Pro. Both New Balance shoes have a carbon plate though where the Sacony have a nylon plate in the speed and a carbon in the Pro.
    The TC is a bit heavier than the RC also.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I have tried new balance and for some reason they are torture for me, I had to take off a pair and get home in my socks level of torture. They looked the business and I really wanted to like them.

Look it sure it’s like training plans, what works for someone doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for someone else. Shoes are the same.

ariana` wrote: »

No comparison. The Fuelcell TC is streets ahead. No love for the Pegasus Turbo. At this stage I've ran in Endorphin Pro and Speed, Adios Pro, Pegasus Turbo, Fuelcell TC and Rebel v1 and v2. Based on my experiences of all the above, if I was buying a training shoe in the morning it would be the TC. Fuelcell cushioning is my favourite. AMK is probably right in that the speeds are a little more suited to faster pace. I wouldn't pay full amount for any of the above by the way. Deals on all of them regularly.
    Id also lean towards the RC Elite for an upper end racer given my love for fuelcell cushioning.

All if this is ignoring the elephant in the room by the way.. The Next %. To me that's a racer. I'm not sure Nike have a training equivalent as good as the TC.

• Advertisement

No comparison. The Fuelcell TC is streets ahead. No love for the Pegasus Turbo. At this stage I've ran in Endorphin Pro and Speed, Adios Pro, Pegasus Turbo, Fuelcell TC and Rebel v1 and v2. Based on my experiences of all the above, if I was buying a training shoe in the morning it would be the TC. Fuelcell cushioning is my favourite. AMK is probably right in that the speeds are a little more suited to faster pace. I wouldn't pay full amount for any of the above by the way. Deals on all of them regularly.
    Id also lean towards the RC Elite for an upper end racer given my love for fuelcell cushioning.

All if this is ignoring the elephant in the room by the way.. The Next %. To me that's a racer. I'm not sure Nike have a training equivalent as good as the TC.
    Just a quick one. If you had a wider foot, without going for wide fit, which shoe would you run a marathon in?

Advertisement