Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Degsy123 wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question - how long does it take for runners to get delivered from 365Rider?

Thanks

Got a pair from them a couple of months back, took about 2 weeks. No snags.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

healy1835 wrote: »
    Got a pair from them a couple of months back, took about 2 weeks. No snags.

I’ve used them twice in the past month - one pair arrived in 4 days (thurs -> Mon) and the other pair was a week. My first pair was 3 weeks but it was early Jan and logistics were all over the place for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Mar Azul

I didn't really take to the adidas adizero pro, my last outing in them caused me some calf pain for a few days. Not sure I'll bother wearing them again.

Picked up the Hoka carbon X2 and they are amazing, exactly what I was looking for, sth comfortable for longer distance and I even did a 1 mile TT in them.
    Ideal though for the Half or Full marathon.

I did a little first impressions vid on them
    https://youtu.be/raixpWfNSPc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

sk8board wrote: »
    Has anyone actually used startfitness since brexit - and are they more expensive/about the same, when you drop the taxes at the checkout and pay the duty on this end?
    Their EXTRA10 discount seems to be always available, so I’m wondering if they’re still worth a go?

They had 20% off all Saucony runners till last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Metaspeed edge arrived today. Looking forward to trying them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Metaspeed edge arrived today. Looking forward to trying them out!

They look so pretty! Well wear!

They had 20% off all Saucony runners till last night

Saw that. I got Speeds in the blue colorway for £122/€144.
    I was down to 2 pairs of usable shoes, with 1,400km across them (Ghost 13 and Boston 8), so I’ve 3 new pairs to see me through the year-
    Endorphin Speed and Pro (got the Pro on a 20% discount elsewhere - haven’t had them before, plan to use them to race Belfast), and also got the Rebel V2 delivered yesterday from 365rider for €102 (down from €140), which I’ll try out on a 16m tomorrow.
    on-foot feel of the V2’s is fantastic! Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

What’s the thoughts on mileage out of the Endorphin Pros?
    I’ve 300km on mine (including a 5k PB this weekend). They look as good as new on the soles but wondering if they have lost some of the pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Got new Brooks Ghost 13 after using 12s. A poster on here told me they were no different size wise and they were correct! Delighted with them.

• Advertisement

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Got new Brooks Ghost 13 after using 12s. A poster on here told me they were no different size wise and they were correct! Delighted with them.

I found them a touch wider in the toebox but that suited me, the 12 were a fraction too snug and caused me some issues with rubbing. I have over 600 miles on the 13 now and no sign of wear on the sole yet. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tmh106

Beanstalk wrote: »

What price did you get them for. Do Brooks ever do special offers of their site in the way Nike do?

tmh106 wrote: »
    What price did you get them for. Do Brooks ever do special offers of their site in the way Nike do?

I got them for €98 on 365rider back in Feb.
    There’s always an offer somewhere on Brooks.

I’m just shy of 400m/625km now and the soles are literally not wearing at all. It’s bizarre. I reckon you’d get 1,500km very easily if you were someone just looking for a jogging shoe.
    For me, the foam is starting to show signs of slight creases and that tells me I’ll get them to 500m/800km and then decide what to do

Not on their own site the way Nike do but you might get 10% off. Or Elverys do buy 1 pair get a 2nd for half price. I got mine 10% off from The Edge in Cork, free delivery, excellent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I bought them local full whack cus i wanted to try them on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

They do but not at all often. About a year ago, they had Revel 3s for 40 euro(and others on sale), insane price for a great shoe.

I'm keeping an eye out for the next clear out on the site.

What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Endorphin Speeds? Anyone gone through a pair yet?

20% off them on Alltricks.com at the moment - €144 in certain colourways. Code is RUNN20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

ariana` wrote: »
    What kind of mileage are people getting out of the Endorphin Speeds? Anyone gone through a pair yet?

20% off them on Alltricks.com at the moment - €144 in certain colourways. Code is RUNN20.

625 miles on a pair, no sign of wanting to retire yet and I would usually retire shoes at about 400.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    625 miles on a pair, no sign of wanting to retire yet and I would usually retire shows at about 400.

Wow that's class, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Got a pair for similar price from 365rider recently...They're worth it. Lovely shoe.. One I could easily wear for all sorts of training runs. Could easily be used for racing too if you havent already been spoiled by supershoes.

• Advertisement

Got a pair for similar price from 365rider recently...They're worth it. Lovely shoe.. One I could easily wear for all sorts of training runs. Could easily be used for racing too if you havent already been spoiled by supershoes.

Haven't worn any carbon plated shoes yet, I haven't had need for them personally though would love to try a pair just out of curiosity. The speeds seem to have reasonably good support too? Thinking for when (already dodgy) form might start to break down when tiredness sets in a marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Folks, keep an eye out on Amazon warehouse deals for runners. My most recent 'bargain' is a pair of brooks bedlam 3's for €77 delivered, listed as very good, all that was wrong is the finger hook on one heel for pulling on the runner is partially unattached. I'll take an over 50% discount for that, Amazon have always been very good with returns, indeed they have on occasion refunded the cost of cheaper items and told me to hang on to them.
    The runners weren't worn as the laces were still tied and they came in their box, I imagine someone paid full price and returned them because of the hook, Amazon then treats them as used and so can't sell them for full price.

Looking forward to using the Floatride Forever Energy

Lightweight for its class (9oz size UK 8) everyday run to tempo neutral shoe with a comfortable but durable floatride foam with some responsiveness

Have held off buying shoes for the last while to "run down" the collection

Reebok shoes are made by Adidas and this shoe is very well reviewed. (although Adidas are looking to sell the brand now)

https://www.solereview.com/reebok-forever-floatride-energy-2-review/

LoDuxwX.png

Haven't worn any carbon plated shoes yet, I haven't had need for them personally though would love to try a pair just out of curiosity. The speeds seem to have reasonably good support too? Thinking for when (already dodgy) form might start to break down when tiredness sets in a marathon?

Just fyi - the Endorphin Speed are nylon plated.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just fyi - the Endorphin Speed are nylon plated.

Oh yeah i knew that thanks, i know reading what i wrote that's not clear. I don't feel the need for carbon plated shoes, nylon plate is a step up for me and a sufficient leap into the world of super fast shoes for now! There's a lot of other room for improvement to be honest :o

Oh yeah i knew that thanks, i know reading what i wrote that's not clear. I don't feel the need for carbon plated shoes, nylon plate is a step up for me and a sufficient leap into the world of super fast shoes for now! There's a lot of other room for improvement to be honest :o

You will enjoy them if you pull the trigger and if that makes it easier to get out the door, well then....... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You'll change your mind ;)

Worth it for that price for sure. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Go for it, you won't regret it! I love mine. A great all rounder runner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭All or nothing

Go for it, you won't regret it! I love mine. A great all rounder runner:)

I went looking to buy another pair of the Endorphin Speeds the other night and came across a pair of the Endorphin Speed 2 on Running Warehouse. I couldn’t leave them after me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

I was given a free pair of Ultraboost DNA 1.0s today. I know they are a lifestyle shoe, but reckon I could use them for light recovery runs of <5k?

Basically these: https://www.sivasdescalzo.com/en/p/ultra-boost-1-0-burgundy-af5836

Advertisement