Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money or Love. Whats more important to you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Money won't make you happy, but there's no guarantee that love will either. If you aren't happy by yourself, you probably won't be happy with someone either.

That said, love over money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

A million euro will buy me a hole lotta love

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Domo230 wrote: »
    Id go with wuv. Statistically it's easier to become rich than find a soul mate.

Interesting statistic and one Id say is 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

Plug wrote: »
    Only a fool would not take the money. If you have the money you have all the love you need!
    They say money can't buy you happiness, I say that is crap.
    I'm sure Gary Speed had plenty of money. I can't say for sure because I've never had enough, but I don't think any amount of money can make you happy in the long term.

He also had love so your point is irrelevant

IMO money can't buy you happiness but I'd rather cry in a Ferrari :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Why can I not have both :(

Gonna go with loves, moneys all well and good but going on fancy holidays/driving to places in fancy cars and eating in expensive restaurants would be a bit crap without someone special to share it with.
    Would rather live in a ****hole apartment with a partner than come home to an empty mansion alone every night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

i love money, does that count?

just kidding obv. All you need is love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

It has to be love for me ................being with someone for their money would just be like doing time in an upmarket prison IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I would choose money without a second's hesitation. Money doesn't necessarily equate to happiness, but it can provide security which can help you to pursue pleasures which would otherwise be beyond one's grasp.

I also don't believe in soulmates and undying love. Love is a psychological state of mind which, like all others, is susceptible to change. You can't bring money into the next life, but you sometimes can't bring love into next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

What's most important is having enough money so you can pay for love.. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Love beats money by 3 to 1 on After Hours. Armageddon is nigh! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

booth there all mine and i aint sharing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Money wins hands down - there is no such thing as love (unless its a love of money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

I know many of you wont believe what I am about to say, but its true.
    I am 35 years old and in my life I have made a million (Sterling not Euro though) and lost a million.
    I have only been in love once, and I lost that too.
    So I think I am in a good position to choose which I would have again.
    The truth is I would have love.
    I had the life style that money brings, and it was good, really good.
    But what you never had you don't miss.
    Don't get me wrong, I miss the life style. But I miss the love more.
    The funny thing is, when I lost all the money I got over it quickly.
    Getting over my broken heart took 3 years.
    I had some crazy times when I had the money, but I had even crazier times with the one I loved.
    The irony is that she loved me before I had anything, when I was flat broke. When I made the money it changed me and I turned into someone else.
    She didn't love who I had changed into.
    You live and learn from your mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Neither mean anything to me, ...so both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

I would choose the money.

while money isn't an absolute guarantee of happiness, it brings security, a comfortable lifestyle and the ability to pursue things you enjoy.

"soulmates"- firstly I don't believe in the concept. secondly, I think it's very naive to place your future happiness in someone elses hands- it puzzles me when people talk about the security they get from a relationship, as to me it's not secure at all and could actually be pulled from you at someone elses whim. very few people who fall in love anticipate that it could end, but look at how many do end up separating.

thirdly, even being in a relationship is no guarantee of happiness. your "soulmate" might bring a rake of problems/hassles with them.

I'll take the money, thanks very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lackofyou

I think it depends, if you are a very rich person ,you will not care about money,on the other side if you are lack of money ,i think for you money is the first thing to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I wouldn't know. I've never had either. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eleven1

a soul mate with many €€€€ will b very nice choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I would rather chose money over living in poverty,
    but love over anything more than money for the basics.

If we're talking about money as in lots of money then no, I get used to having more money and can only appreciate it when its gone I never stop noticing and getting pleasure from being loved and loving others.

Money.

I could buy anything when ever I wanted to? Love can get tae fu­ck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

i'm voting soulmate because a) its only one million and frankly its not THAT much for a lifetime and b) if you really want to make money and focus on that its achieveable, maybe not a million but certainly enought to maintain an affluent lifestyle.

Soulmates are much harder to come by IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Love every time. My OH is priceless. I would live on the streets with him if I had to.:o

Advertisement