Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money or Love. Whats more important to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DiscoBiscuits

Money cant buy love! But it can buy happiness!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭positron

Not at all what I expected from AH. All this sensible replies are making me depressed. Give me the money dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

To quote a philosopher king
    "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks" - Dre, Dr (1992). Bitches Ain't Shit. Los Angeles: Death Row Records.

So, in that case, money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

A bit of both would be nice, but love guarantees happiness, money doesn't imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

St.Spodo wrote: »
    A bit of both would be nice

Ok that's not how this thread works.....it's love OR money.....you MUST choose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Love, every time.

The happiest times I've ever had have always involved being in a loving relationship.

I've had decent amounts of money in the past but it goes away pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Love wins every time for me. I rather have love and be happy than be alone and rich. Though being on my own for me would not be a big deal but it wouldn't bother me that way but still I wouldn't want to be alone, living alone maybe but on my own totally no. I like that warmth and closeness, have someone to talk too and have a laugh not just having my own space and independence.

What is money? Just have enough money to get by is as much as I would want. I am more materialistic than wanting money but love wins out hands down.

Money can't buy love, money can't buy happiness but love can offer happiness and happiness can offer love.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Oh Love definitely.

Used to have the money, but not the love.

Now I am quite quite broke but very much in love.

I have never been so happy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

My sould mate would be worth more than a million to me...so it would have to be love...

St.Spodo wrote: »
    ................ but love guarantees happiness.................

That's a tad idealistic really, I know plenty of folks who are in love and they aren't happy, you could love someone who is being unfaithful, who has a drink problem etc etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

LOL at the amount of people here who believe in 'soul mates'

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Money is over rated. If you're miserable and rich, you're still miserable. If you're happy and poor, you're still happy. We should all aspire to be happy, not rich.
    If you can be both, great, but if not then happy wins out everytime.

I'd be pretty fcuking happy if I was rich enough to stroll into a car dealers and drive out in anything I wanted, or go to an airport with a bag and passport and go anywhere in the world I felt like. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Giselle wrote: »

I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love.

:P

True, but you can rent it by the long or short time.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

up to this year i would have said love with being in love for the first time/first relationship etc, but since thats been over this year i pick money, it cant hurt you or break your heart so thats good to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Show me the money

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Well right now, one million euro's would buy me a house with four bedrooms and a big arse kitchen along with a sizeable garage and possibly basement too which I could fit it out for studio recording. I could live comfortably and most of the remaining money could be invested so that it's value increases annually. Then with the independence and security that I have, many ladies would be happy to hook up with a man who is financially secure and can provide them with a stable environment in which to raise their kids.

The money wins everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

Definitely love.
    Money's cool and it can get you a lot of things but love means so much more.. It means you have someone to talk to, to help you, and most of all just to love like? Money is over rated... :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Don't believe in soul mates so I'll take the cool million please.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Definitely the money

If that does make me happy I could give it away and look for love

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

many ladies would be happy to hook up with a man who is financially secure and can provide them with a stable environment in which to raise their kids.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph being a fine example of such an arrangement. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Ok that's not how this thread works.....it's love OR money.....you MUST choose!

I did choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Jesus, Mary and Joseph being a fine example of such an arrangement. :D

If you were stood before me I'd give you a huge hug. And then a clip around the ear.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Dont believe in that soul mate stuff so I'll take the money please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

--Kaiser-- and Krudler - you're doing it again! :pac:
    (I'm still not tired of this... :o)
    Good point that money can't break your heart, but nah... still choose love. If the latter led to me being impoverished though, I'd kinda have to pick money and no love - but that would suck.

Lemme guess, lemme guess...
    great sx
    Sex?
    your sore PMS b&&bs
    Boobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I'd rather be broke and happy with the one I love by my side, than have millions in the bank and nobody special to share it with. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Sex?
    yeah that's what I meant. :rolleyes: I was in work, internet usage is monitored and particular words are screened

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

2:1 roughly in favour of love since the poll started. AH you surprise me sometimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Disregard females,Gather currency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Love but the security of money makes it last longer.

Advertisement