Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

Does anyone know where holland and Barret are opening up? They are advertising for staff in there soon to open bray shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I can't believe The Gem is closing! It's my local newsagents and I always buy my magazines there. They've the best selection for a wide radius. Another locally owned shop from my childhood disappearing and turning into some faceless franchise. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Is there another coffee shop opening up in Bray? End of Albert Walk, beside players, looks like Coffee machines going into the old book shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yes, work started last Spring, stopped, started, stopped, restarted.

In the interim, probably another 4 or 5 coffee shops have opened in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Saw that.

They're doing a nice job on it. Will be handy for people heading to the DART.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tomflynn

danois wrote: »
    Does anyone know where holland and Barret are opening up? They are advertising for staff in there soon to open bray shop.

I wonder is it in the former Fuji-film shop on the main street?? Work going on there at present.

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Saw that.

They're doing a nice job on it. Will be handy for people heading to the DART.

So was Oli's further up the Albert Walk but that didn't last and its only another 20 seconds walk to the well established Italian coffee shop the other side of the railway bridge.

Don't get me wrong. I wish them luck and I even have my own selfish reasons. A coffeeshop there prevents a competitor to my type of business opening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Any word on CIty 2 and what it shall be?

Is Office Supplies Ireland closed now the owner died?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Is Office Supplies Ireland closed now the owner died?
    The owner isn't dead. The store manager died, and I'm assuming the owner couldn't find a suitable replacement for the manager so he decided to give up the lease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

That new cafe on Albert Walk looks open now. Very posh looking. Hope it survives. Albert Walk needs a spruce up.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Obviously our great town is always full of rumours and 1 of those is that the gastropub that is going into where Finbees was on the seafront, will be a Weatherspoons.

Does anyone actually know what is going in there?

Thanks in advance

Think that the owner of the Barracuda and Finbees will be opening a gastro pub there. Too small for a Wetherspoons I would imagine.

Think that the owner of the Barracuda and Finbees will be opening a gastro pub there. Too small for a Wetherspoons I would imagine.

This is what I heard too.

All 4 facades of the Aquarium building are now finally finished after a quarter of a century! Hip Hip Hurray, Hip Hip Hurray!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A gastropub across from the Porterhouse would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

I thought that would be the case, an independent owner rather than the chain.
    It seems a bit small to be a gastropub I would have thought? But then I'm not in the business so what would I know!

Maybe a resemblance to Mrs Robinsons in Greystones?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I meant to post this ages ago but I think there's a gym opened up where the short lived cake shop was on the Florence Road next to the Dargle Clinic

DOoley's estate agent has replaced Fujifilm.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sallymomo wrote: »
    Obviously our great town is always full of rumours and 1 of those is that the gastropub that is going into where Finbees was on the seafront, will be a Weatherspoons.

Does anyone actually know what is going in there?

Thanks in advance

I heard the Olde Bray is turning a gastropub run by a group of ex porterhouse staff

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I heard the Olde Bray is turning a gastropub run by a group of ex porterhouse staff

I saw people working on it yesterday, I think its going to be called the Florentine Bar or something like that. Also I love cards is closing down, and also saw people working on the old head shop, beside the 2 euro shop and the larder.

• Advertisement

The old head shop is going to be (yawn) an electronic tobacconist's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

The old head shop is going to be (yawn) an electronic tobacconist's.

That's the second one then. There's another one but can't remember if it was on the Florence Road or Novara Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I thought there was briefly one in the Village Gate Arcade too.

EDIT: I wasn't imagining it ... http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Unit-8-Village-Arcade-Main-Street-Bray-Co-Wicklow/125309/

Village Arcade one moved to the old Computer/printer cartridge shop across the road from Smyths.

The new coffee shop / Wicklow Food shop at the end of Albert Walks looks nice. They do coffee too. Has anyone tried it?

I can't quite bring myself to stop buying coffee at Carpe Diem ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Anyone know what is going on with KFC in the Quinsborough Road? The sign is down and the windows are covered over so it looks like they're either moving location or closing down.

My brother will be heartbroken if they leave Bray :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tell him to burn some calories cycling to the proper ones in Dun Laoighre or Carrickmines and forget about the dirty, dried out crap version we have in Bray.

There was a cleaner in there who said it was closed, but didn't know what it would become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Thargor wrote: »
    Tell him to burn some calories cycling to the proper ones in Dun Laoighre or Carrickmines and forget about the dirty, dried out crap version we have in Bray.

Ah no, he'll be grand, he just used to buy an occasional feed off them when he had a hangover :p

• Advertisement

Ledwidge's is back open.

Advertisement