Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Dealz is just Poundland but name changed. And Poundland is better than any Euro-Giant, as there's better quality, wider range.

Would xtravision not be on the small side for dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Tippex wrote: »

I think they're buying one of the other units either side. But the Dealz in Dun Laoghaire is tiny in comparison to the one on Henry Street, so I guess their store sizes differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Tippex wrote: »

No; Its quite a big Xtravision there. It takes in 2 shops.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I saw a sold sign where National Irish Bank used to be on the Quinsborough Road. I'm interested to see what goes in that space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

xtravision told me they were moving. To Quinsboro, perhaps?

• Advertisement

I guess that's possible I'd say it would be the right size for them as for dealz if they move into the xtravision space I don't think it would be too small for them I mean the one in Dun Laoghaire isn't really that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tomflynn

More for the rumour mill:

Staff member of shop in Castle Street/Super Valu S.C. told me Xtra Vision were relocating to where ChartBusters used to be - across the road in Dargle Centre - however, I would not put any money on it....

Also, there is a planning application to amalgamate 4 units, including xtra vision, in Castle Street S.C. to provide a suitable sized unit for an undisclosed multiple currently in negotiations with the landlord (details provided in 'further information' response as part of the the planning application to Bray T.C. - factual description) - however, this would seem to be a little more complex as one of those 4 units is occupied; wait and see what emerges.

any more news?

I saw a new shop open up beside The Gem on the Quinsborough Road. I think it was called Cast Aways. It's a charity shop with all the proceeds going to local schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

City2 is closing down :(

• Advertisement

B0jangles wrote: »
    City2 is closing down :(
    Really? I'm not a woman, I've never been in the place but my mam used to shop there in the 90s that place has been around for years that's a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Really? I'm not a woman, I've never been in the place but my mam used to shop there in the 90s that place has been around for years that's a shame.

Yeah, I saw they had big "closing down sale" signs in the window this morning. I haven't shopped there for donkey's years tbh but I'm still sorry to see them go.
    I really hope something else moves in quickly - that would be an awfully big section of street frontage to have standing empty.

It's good space and location for something good to move into. I just hope it'll be something the town doesn't have or something it's lacking at the moment. We don't need another coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's good space and location for something good to move into. I just hope it'll be something the town doesn't have or something it's lacking at the moment. We don't need another coffee shop.

A coffee shop no but Bray certainly lacks good lunch/food venues.

Places like Molloy's and Gourmet Cafe are really awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I don't eat lunch in Bray either, nowhere to get a decent sit down lunch at all even if you just want a fry for the hangover, I cycle to Greystones or Enniskerry instead.

I saw a new shop open up beside The Gem on the Quinsborough Road. I think it was called Cast Aways. It's a charity shop with all the proceeds going to local schools.

Brilliant, another charity shop, all we need is another chemist now and we'll be set!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Brilliant, another charity shop, all we need is another chemist now and we'll be set!!

That doesn't help the severe coffee shop shortage in Bray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Calibos wrote: »

Mamma Mia, Gusto, Campo Deli and Carpe Diem... 4 places that serve very good coffee.....

What really doesn't help the "shortage" is the closing of the Little Shop, which is being turned into.......

A phone repair shop, as it's desperately needed. :rolleyes:

Now, coffee shops in Bray TOWN:
    1. McCafé
    2. Betelnut Café
    3. Finbees
    4. Little Shop (closing)
    5. Liz Anne's (is it still open yeah?)
    6. O'Brien's
    7. Gourmet Café
    8. Leonidas
    9. Finbees at the end of the town
    10. Coffee shop that I dunno the name of at the end of the Quinsboro road
    11. Italian ones near the beach (off the Main St. but still close enough)

That's not even counting the ones that are further away from the Main Street, there is no "shortage" of coffee shops in Bray, I'm sick to death of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

None of them serve good coffee though. Not 3fe or coffee angel quality that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

All that coffee has fried your sarcasm detectors...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

All that coffee has fried your sarcasm detectors...

aha.... I'm wired.

Those four I mentioned though are the only ones worth going to....

bAD NEWS. John, owner of the Gem newsagents is selling it off to Londis, who are bringing in new staff and probably gonnaget rid of magazines, the wide range of them at least. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

bAD NEWS. John, owner of the Gem newsagents is selling it off to Londis, who are bringing in new staff and probably gonnaget rid of magazines, the wide range of them at least. :(

Bad, bad news. As one who buys some often hard to get magazines I have willingly spent a lot of cash in The Gem. Deveney's is next best but not as wide ranging

Ah are you messing, that's crap. :(

I hope that's not true about the gem I always thought that place did good business. Won't be going near it if it gets turned into a Londis.

It does good business. But the owner is retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

It does good business. But the owner is retiring.

http://www.owenscommercial.ie/property_details.php?id=450
    Details here. Just losing the best shop for mags in Bray.

Yes, I told them that. Londis will have some mags, but not as much probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The business currently enjoys a turnover of €1,260,736 p.a. exclusive of vat with a margin of 15.55. In addition there is commissions of €50,448.
    So about 160k profit a year and they're asking 350k for it?

Advertisement