Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blunt object vs. edged weapon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Shot gun!

Bludgeoning a zombie with a shotgun wouldn't do an awful lot, I'd say. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Bludgeoning a zombie with a shotgun wouldn't do an awful lot, I'd say. =/

I dunno my boomstick (a solid auld s/s) would weigh more than baseball bat! A tad more unweildy but if swung by the barrel it would crack a skull or two.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Tire thumper:
    884.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

28ounce estwing, sharp on one side blunt on the other
    23704237.png
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭jugger

28ounce estwing, sharp on one side blunt on the other
    23704237.png

you want blunt on one side sharp on the other you need
    knife wrench.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I'll take this for open space combat:
    bec%20de%20corbin%20lourd.jpg

Close quarters I still favor the mace with a shield of some kind

I got a couple bats, and a hardwood hockey stick. Pretty sure they could clear me a path past a few zombies on my way to a more secure position

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

My Combo would be a modern version of Viking weaponery.

In one hand I would have aCircular perspex riot shield and in the other I woudl have a one handed battle axe or warhammer and a short Sword in my belt for backup

CIMG1363_display.JPG

17012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

For close quarter combat work, with blunt v edge in mind, you could try an ice axe that mountain climbers use:

iceaxe1.th.jpg

I think this might have tendancy to get stuck in bone as it does have quite a point on it. But it would have good penetration and should go deep into the brain and cause serious damage.

there are other climbing tools, some have hammer on one side and spike on other, and they come in varity of lengths and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

this is another good, non-blade, over the counter tool. I think it has been mentioned before. Its the Stanley Fubar III. Its 30" long and speaks for itself. I am not keen on the nail removal fork at the end. I think it might catch on your wrist and tear the skin. There are ones without this option but they are all a bit small imho.

stanleyfubariii.th.jpg

This is the closest thing to a modern over-the-counter mace, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

this is another good, non-blade, over the counter tool. I think it has been mentioned before. Its the Stanley Fubar III. Its 30" long and speaks for itself. I am not keen on the nail removal fork at the end. I think it might catch on your wrist and tear the skin. There are ones without this option but they are all a bit small imho.

stanleyfubariii.th.jpg

This is the closest thing to a modern over-the-counter mace, I reckon.
    The 30" is good for going through brick walls but may be a bit on the heavy side for effective combat. The nail puller at the end is a bit awkward and feels like it's in the way (not that it is) but it's a vital part of the hammers ability to break into things and would allow you to go right through someone as you can get a good hold on the hammer end and drive it into things.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For close quarter combat work, with blunt v edge in mind, you could try an ice axe that mountain climbers use:
    I think the obvious problem is that they are designed to go in but not come you easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Handhalf_2.jpg

bastard sword and circular shield with a heavy center buckler

213p-round-shield.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fatal1ty

Might I recommend a tyre iron...? heavy, strong, and can change a wheel!!! ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

It'd be a blunt weapon for me. I'd go for a lump hammer. Like a claw hammer, but with the head of a sledge. Serious weight behind one when you get a good swing going, and could pick one up on any farm. The only thing I wouldn't like about one is how close you have to get before swinging...
    HA60-HA62.jpg

Advertisement