Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Christmas tree" on O'connell street.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

I actually like the tree too... I prefer it when it's just the white lights... Not a fan of the colours...

But what does annoy me about it, is when the lights aren't working at all... Which seems to happen an awful lot. Realistically, the tree looks awful in the day. I think it's pretty at night when it's all lit up. But when the lights aren't working it's just metal wire ball things that look stupid...

I've noticed a few of the balls lights not working the past two years or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

kthnxbai wrote: »
    I actually like the tree too... I prefer it when it's just the white lights... Not a fan of the colours...

But what does annoy me about it, is when the lights aren't working at all... Which seems to happen an awful lot. Realistically, the tree looks awful in the day. I think it's pretty at night when it's all lit up. But when the lights aren't working it's just metal wire ball things that look stupid...

I've noticed a few of the balls lights not working the past two years or so...
    Yep, and it's filthy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Now the lights on the small trees on O'connell street, they look pretty good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

oconnell-street-christmas-tree.jpg

Because someone said they haven't seen it.

Always reminds me of this stuff:
    2440834819_8777cfb997.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

That tree is a load of balls. Literally..

Actually I think it looks nice in that photo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I like the tree

Looks really well

I like the Spire too...

me too, i like both

feck the begrudgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Yep, I also like the O'Connell St. Christmas tree. When it comes to Christmas decorations, the tackier the better, imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Some people are never happy. When you look at some of the utter sh*tters you realise it's actually nice. Irish people love to moan and are never happy, I realised that a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

oconnell-street-christmas-tree.jpg

Because someone said they haven't seen it.

what a load of balls

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I like the tree at night, but during the day it looks a little sad.

I like the spire too, though we spent waaaay too much on it, and now cant afford fire services!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

That tree looks like they assembled all the crappy cheap plastic tat from all
    the surrounding eurosaver shops and formed it into a pyramid of glowing crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tweetiesha

That tree is gone from the spire!!!!! I miss it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Tweetiesha wrote: »
    That tree is gone from the spire!!!!! I miss it!!

It's down is Smithfield real close to the Quays end of the Square.

Advertisement