Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thanks Paul. On the same train can MMS be blocked too.?? I'd be looking at shifting the entire family in one go were that the case.

Premium MMS yes, regular MMS no..

regards
    Paul

Hi there,

is there any issue with the tesco mobile website? They are two days I'm trying to register my sim card but it keeps saying:

"There was a problem registering your details, please try again later"

Regards
    Antonio

Hi Antonio,

Please drop care a note here and they can check your account.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭lynp27

hi paul
    i cant send or recieve mms. i got the settings sent in a text and it didnt work. then they sent them in an email its still not working it just says"service unavailable message will be sent when service becomes available"

lynp27 wrote: »
    hi paul
    i cant send or recieve mms. i got the settings sent in a text and it didnt work. then they sent them in an email its still not working it just says"service unavailable message will be sent when service becomes available"

Hi Lynp27

This is a settings issue, what is your phone model?

regards
    Paul

samsung galaxy ace

• Advertisement

lynp27 wrote: »
    samsung galaxy ace

Please follow these instructions exactly to make sure your settings are correct.
    regards
    Paul

Android Data and MMS Settings

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming (or National Roaming if that option exists)

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms

MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

5. Reboot your phone

currently unable to send your message. it will be sent when the service becomes available.
    still no luck

thanks i got it i turned on packet data and it sent
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 podgesdad

Anybody having trouble accessing webtext on Tesco Mobile site? I can access all other menu options but get "Cannot display the webpage" message when I try to use webtexts. Works properly about 1 in 15 tries. Same computer has no trouble with meteor or o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mowgli597

I don't seem to be able to get voicemail. Has it been restored or are there still problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mowgli597

podgesdad wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble accessing webtext on Tesco Mobile site? I can access all other menu options but get "Cannot display the webpage" message when I try to use webtexts. Works properly about 1 in 15 tries. Same computer has no trouble with meteor or o2.

No problem here.

I have an iPhone and use Jelly SMS to send webtexts - great because it means you can send international/roaming texts without any charge if you're on a wireless network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Hi Johnny

Can you please contact our customer care team at 0894200000 and they should be able to help.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    I got ported this morning. Thanks for your help behind the scenes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi Paul,

I think I have the jist of the capped plan but can you just confirm.

I am going to put my wife on a capped €10 plan with a galaxy samsung ace. That works out as €200 for phone and then €10 after per month.

If she adds data plan that is €6.99 off the €30 flex credit given, leaving her €23 credit for calls and texts for the month. Am I right about this as it states that add on bundles (data I assume) cannot be taken off the flex credit value ?? Does this mean a monthly spend of €16.99 instead of capped €10 ??

What is the miniumum period of contract for this. I searched the website and failed to find it.

Thanks

podgesdad wrote: »

It can take a while to load so if you have a slow connection it may be timing out.

regards
    Paul

Damien360 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I think I have the jist of the capped plan but can you just confirm.

I am going to put my wife on a capped €10 plan with a galaxy samsung ace. That works out as €200 for phone and then €10 after per month.

If she adds data plan that is €6.99 off the €30 flex credit given, leaving her €23 credit for calls and texts for the month. Am I right about this as it states that add on bundles (data I assume) cannot be taken off the flex credit value ?? Does this mean a monthly spend of €16.99 instead of capped €10 ??

What is the miniumum period of contract for this. I searched the website and failed to find it.

Thanks

Hi Damien,

No its a little different than that.

Capped is a SIM Only type plan with a 30 day contract.
    You can buy a phone with it but its much the same as buying a Prepay phone separately.

The way capped works as a plan is that for your subscription you get triple the amount of tariff credit. Subscription can be 10e, 20e or 30e.

Tariff credit can only be used for Irish calls to landline or mobile, irish texts/picture messages or data (outside bundle).

All premium/non geographic calls, premum texts , interational, roaming, bundle purchases etc require extra topup.

It she wants to purchase a data bundle you would need to topup addtionaly to the 10e base subscription.

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

Mowgli597 wrote: »
    I don't seem to be able to get voicemail. Has it been restored or are there still problems?

Voice mail should be fine. Drop care a note here if you are still having issues

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9 veelckoo

I have registered on 'My Tesco Mobile!'.
    I'm going to buy another tesco sim card - question is - can I add the second card onto 'My Tesco Mobile!' account?
    I can't find an option to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi,

just wanted to check: I see that my bonus credit will expire on April 11. Does this mean I have until the end of the day on April 11 or the end of April 10? Just in case I leave it to last minute some month by accident...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi Damien,

No its a little different than that.

Capped is a SIM Only type plan with a 30 day contract.
    You can buy a phone with it but its much the same as buying a Prepay phone separately.

The way capped works as a plan is that for your subscription you get triple the amount of tariff credit. Subscription can be 10e, 20e or 30e.

Tariff credit can only be used for Irish calls to landline or mobile, irish texts/picture messages or data (outside bundle).

All premium/non geographic calls, premum texts , interational, roaming, bundle purchases etc require extra topup.

It she wants to purchase a data bundle you would need to topup addtionaly to the 10e base subscription.

Hope this helps

regards
    Paul

So that is €10 credit equals €30 flex credit and data charged at 79c per 50Mb if data bundle not added. Is this correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I am trying to top up credit to my new tesco sim. The instruction on the voucher says to call 1740 Free to top-up. When I call this number, the call seems to be live - but I don't hear any automated message??

Anyone know how this works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Looks like the top up facility was down when I tried it very late last night (approx. midnight) and again this morning. Tried again just now and worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

Paul, pm sent in relation to poor data speeds in Dublin north.

veelckoo wrote: »
    I have registered on 'My Tesco Mobile!'.
    I'm going to buy another tesco sim card - question is - can I add the second card onto 'My Tesco Mobile!' account?
    I can't find an option to do that.

Yes, call care on 0894200000 and they can have the send number put on the same account.

regards
    Paul

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi,

just wanted to check: I see that my bonus credit will expire on April 11. Does this mean I have until the end of the day on April 11 or the end of April 10? Just in case I leave it to last minute some month by accident...

I believe its the end of April 11 but I am not 100%...

Looks like the top up facility was down when I tried it very late last night (approx. midnight) and again this morning. Tried again just now and worked fine.

OK will check this. Might have been planned works.

GIMP wrote: »
    Paul, pm sent in relation to poor data speeds in Dublin north.

OK Gimp, we are following up on this with our teams and O2

Damien360 wrote: »
    So that is €10 credit equals €30 flex credit and data charged at 79c per 50Mb if data bundle not added. Is this correct ?

Yes correct on the credit but its 79c per mb. Our data pricing will be changing soon though :) more to come on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

OK Gimp, we are following up on this with our teams and O2
    Paul, am getting very poor data performance in North Dublin at the mo (near Ikea). Ran speedtest app and got the following averages over three speed tests:

Ping: 550ms / Download: 130kbts / Upload: 160kbts

Worst performances were
    Ping 1158 Ms / Download 48kbs / Upload: none (app eventually timed out with comms error)

The signal strength here is modest enough - I've had better performance over worse reception. Like others commenting here, there seems to have been a gradual degradation in the past while. Today has been the worst for me though so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

I'm glad someone else has reported this, my speeds today 0.04mb, ping of 2565, and upload 0.00mb, has been very slow for over a week now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

[QUOTE

Ping: 550ms / Download: 130kbts / Upload: 160kbts

Worst performances were
    Ping 1158 Ms / Download 48kbs / Upload: none (app eventually timed out with comms error)

T.[/QUOTE]

This is mine in north county dublin ( near Swords) at present
    708ms ping - 60kps dl- no upload as it timed out .

This is my first day on Tesco Mobile :(

Advertisement