Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi Paul,

Can you tell me how to interpet the info below as I find it a bit confusing.

Raytescodatabundle.jpg

Item 1. This looks like the €3 data bundle that was purchased on the 23rd March and expires on the 23rd April which is grand.

Item 6. Says data bundle expires 31st of March.

Does item 6 refer to a previous data bundle that hasn't been used up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Can you tell me how to interpet the info below as I find it a bit confusing.

Raytescodatabundle.jpg

Item 1. This looks like the €3 data bundle that was purchased on the 23rd March and expires on the 23rd April which is grand.

Item 6. Says data bundle expires 31st of March.

Does item 6 refer to a previous data bundle that hasn't been used up yet.

Hi Danjo,

I agree its not the best. We are going to revamp the My Tesco Mobile site later in the year adressing some of these screens.

Item 1 is your Free Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile calls, texts and pictures messages. Gets set when you top up by 10eur or more. The value isnt important byut the expiry date is.

Item 6 is your data bundle remaining balance and expiry date. The balance is not the most logicial figure but if you muliply * 100 and divide by 1024 you get the MB left in your bundle, in your case 975MB.

Looks like your bundle purchase on 23rd didnt go through for some reason.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Colleague has moved to TM (bill pay) we can no longer communicate using FaceTime.
    I'm with 02. Has TM blocked FT?

RnR wrote: »
    Colleague has moved to TM (bill pay) we can no longer communicate using FaceTime.
    I'm with 02. Has TM blocked FT?

No, we don't block anything. Has his phone activated it since he moved over (sends a text to a UK number). Facetime and iMessage need to be activated. Did he setup his iPhone through iTunes? He needs to do this to ensure these settings are activated properly.

regards
    Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

No we don't, as long as its unlocked all should be fine.

You can apply our data and MMS settigns here automatically once you have a Tesco Mobile SIM in the phone.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, all working fine now including the hard-wired hands-free kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Taquilasunrise

Hi Paul;

I am getting following error on TM webtext link. It was working fine until it stopped suddenly :(

Application error
    Error
    An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Grainne2012

Hi Paul, same deal as taquilasunrise here too. Now most web options are giving errors:

MYBALANCE, CLUBCARD & PUK= "Available Accounts
    There have been one or more validation errors on this page. Please revise your input data and try again."

MANAGE CARDS
    "An unexpected exception occured while obtaining registered cards details"

WEBTEXT: "Application error
    An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator."

Noticed earlier today (26.03.2012) it was datestamping sent txts as yesterday (25.03.2012), but they look ok on USAGE now.

You already have my account info for the problems a few days ago in this thread.
    http://boards.ie/tre/2056579169

Hasn't been a good month for Tesco Mobile, has it? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I'm having a little difficulty with Tesco's billing discrepencies (which I think I might have ironed out).

The invoice generated assuringly tells us to not to worry, our bill will be deducted in 14 days time. I click to open the invoice and see that on it the only dated reference point is at the top right hand corner (in my case, the 15th) so I assume it will be deducted 14 days after that date. The 29th is what I'm assuming. I think most people would assume the 14 days would be after the invoice is dated.

But this is not the case.

I was told today that it is when the bill notification arrives in your TM a/c or when you get a text. I never received a text as it wasn't updated on my account (must be updated manually and may never be updated if you don't query it - not a great system there). I also don't want to be checking my a/c every other day to see when my bill notification has arrived.

I'm finding this method a little Byzantine to be honest.

Even if it was alluded in the text that the funds would be extracted from your a/c in 14 days from the date it was sent that would be more helpful.

Plus I find that the text could arrive at any date. Last month it arrived on the 24th, this month the 28th. I don't want to be counting 14 days from then!

It would suit most to have it structured so that the funds get extracted 14 days from the date of the invoice. It makes things a little less complicated.

And on another note, is there any update on a potential reimbursement for customers due to the outtage a couple of Fridays ago?

Thanks, feedback noted. You are correct in how it works presently. We are looking at the process in general.

On the other point you raise please contact customer care if you have an issue to discuss. I don't have any general statement to make on this.

Regards
    Paul
    du Maurier wrote: »
    I'm having a little difficulty with Tesco's billing discrepencies (which I think I might have ironed out).

The invoice generated assuringly tells us to not to worry, our bill will be deducted in 14 days time. I click to open the invoice and see that on it the only dated reference point is at the top right hand corner (in my case, the 15th) so I assume it will be deducted 14 days after that date. The 29th is what I'm assuming. I think most people would assume the 14 days would be after the invoice is dated.

But this is not the case.

I was told today that it is when the bill notification arrives in your TM a/c or when you get a text. I never received a text as it wasn't updated on my account (must be updated manually and may never be updated if you don't query it - not a great system there). I also don't want to be checking my a/c every other day to see when my bill notification has arrived.

I'm finding this method a little Byzantine to be honest.

Even if it was alluded in the text that the funds would be extracted from your a/c in 14 days from the date it was sent that would be more helpful.

Plus I find that the text could arrive at any date. Last month it arrived on the 24th, this month the 28th. I don't want to be counting 14 days from then!

It would suit most to have it structured so that the funds get extracted 14 days from the date of the invoice. It makes things a little less complicated.

And on another note, is there any update on a potential reimbursement for customers due to the outtage a couple of Fridays ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Thanks, feedback noted. You are correct in how it works presently. We are looking at the process in general.

On the other point you raise please contact customer care if you have an issue to discuss. I don't have any general statement to make on this.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks for the reply. The process just seems slightly unclear, I thought.

Regarding the latter, I have contacted customer care and they were somewhat closeted regarding it. When encouraged he said something along the lines of 'We would generally only look into it if there was some inconvenience called...blah...and it wasn't our fault as it was elemental...blah'.

Just to clarify, it was an inconvenience. It was TM's fault (as it's your network that failed). I can only go on what he said and the salient points I can glean from it to reply with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

How much does it cost to call 076 numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

1744 balance isn't working for bill pay - any idea when it might be fixed?

How much does it cost to call 076 numbers?

076 is treated the same as domestic landline from a charging perspective and is inlcuded in your minutes in Pay Monthly.

regards
    Paul

digitaldr wrote: »
    1744 balance isn't working for bill pay - any idea when it might be fixed?

Tech team looking at this presently and should be fixed shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

hi Paul

I can't send any sms and access internet since this morning.

will you please take a look if this is my problem or you have some issue?
    i'm living in Gort, co. Galway

fAzI wrote: »
    hi Paul

I can't send any sms and access internet since this morning.

will you please take a look if this is my problem or you have some issue?
    i'm living in Gort, co. Galway

Hi there

No there is no Tesco Mobile network issue. Please PM me your number.

Did you restart your phone?

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 conmag

Hi Paul,
    I took the firmware update to 2.3.5 on my Galaxy S2 yesterday (from 2.3.4). Just this morning I noticed the following applications installed on my phone: The Journal, Pumps.ie, Gael Fon, Adverts.ie, Cinema!, Daft.ie, Entertainment.ie, Zapa Tag, Boards Deals.
    I did not install these applications, nor do I want or need them. Firstly, can you confirm these came down as part of the firmware upgrade?

thanks,
    Conor.

conmag wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I took the firmware update to 2.3.5 on my Galaxy S2 yesterday (from 2.3.4). Just this morning I noticed the following applications installed on my phone: The Journal, Pumps.ie, Gael Fon, Adverts.ie, Cinema!, Daft.ie, Entertainment.ie, Zapa Tag, Boards Deals.
    I did not install these applications, nor do I want or need them. Firstly, can you confirm these came down as part of the firmware upgrade?

thanks,
    Conor.

Hi Conor

They likely did but this is a Samsung pack of included apps. We will be following up with Samsung on this.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

1744 still not working ? any idea when it may be fixed?

1744 still not working ? any idea when it may be fixed?

Today hopefully...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Desenzano2000

Hi Paul,

Any idea if Iphone 4s will be available in Tesco Mobile Ireland?

Cheers.

Des

Hi Paul,

Any idea if Iphone 4s will be available in Tesco Mobile Ireland?

Cheers.

Des

Sorry I have no news regarding iPhone on Tesco Mobile

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 conmag

Hi Conor

They likely did but this is a Samsung pack of included apps. We will be following up with Samsung on this.

regards
    Paul

Paul,
    my contract is with Tesco Mobile. Can you point me to the relevant terms & conditions where I agreed to have unwanted applications pushed to my phone without either my consent or knowledge. Some of these apps cannot be removed. Where did I agree to this?

with thanks,
    Conor.

conmag wrote: »
    Paul,
    my contract is with Tesco Mobile. Can you point me to the relevant terms & conditions where I agreed to have unwanted applications pushed to my phone without either my consent or knowledge. Some of these apps cannot be removed. Where did I agree to this?

with thanks,
    Conor.

Hi Conor

Phone apps included with the phone software have nothing to do with your contract or the service we provide you so we would not have asked you to agree to them being downloaded to the phone.

But, like I said I am raising with Samsung so we can have removed from future revisions of software.

There is no more i can do than that.

EDIT: ICS update will be coming soon so we will address for that release.

regrads
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Any sign of Tesco Mobile matching Meteor's 10p per minute for calls to UK mobiles?

Any sign of Tesco Mobile matching Meteor's 10p per minute for calls to UK mobiles?

Will check with the Commercial/marketing guys Kotek..

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi Paul,

is there a special roaming rate in NI / UK to call Ireland or is it the same as the standard European roaming rate of 42c outgoing / 13c incoming?

When in NI calls to ROI numbers cost the same as when made in ROI

Only applies to NI

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Hi Paul
    Talking about roaming, any update about data roaming?

Thanks

• Advertisement

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    Talking about roaming, any update about data roaming?

Thanks

It has been delayed a bit. I will come back with more info shortly

Advertisement