Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

ej10.jpg

I can be sure this one hasn't been posted before.

I give you EJ-10 energy drink. There's been a lot of really nasty soft-drinks over the years, but as far as I'm concerned it was the worst.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I give you EJ-10 energy drink. There's been a lot of really nasty soft-drinks over the years, but as far as I'm concerned it was the worst.
    Have you ever tried Procari from Premier dairies ?

The name means sweat in Japanese

http://www.pocarisweat.com.ph/
    logo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted already but this one was a cracking read.

ispinniagusssubh.jpg

Folens. An interesting Guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Folens

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Have you ever tried Procari from Premier dairies ?

The name means sweat in Japanese

I had Pocari Sweat when I was in Japan. I thought it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Fresh from the 80's

They call them spokey-dokeys over here in NZ, were they called that at home?

Put them on my daughters bike recently. Loved them as a kid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I have a few bags of Pocari sweat power in my kitchen right now. That stuff got me through 2 Japanese summers of 35 degree heat. Love the stuff!

I have a question though:
    Does anyone remember a chocolate bar which had an ad talking about a guy who ate cars, but he couldn't finish a whole <chocolate bar>? They're not around anymore but I can't remember what it was called!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

command and conquer

You can get this as a free download now,if you are on windows 7 its not playable so some guy created a version for it :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Morpork wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a chocolate bar which had an ad talking about a guy who ate cars, but he couldn't finish a whole <chocolate bar>? They're not around anymore but I can't remember what it was called!
    You aren't thinking of the milky bar ads ?

There were the shredded wheat ads with a guy eating a glass.

also this guy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Lotito
    Michel Lotito (June 15, 1950 - June 25, 2007[citation needed]) was a French entertainer, born in Grenoble, famous for deliberately consuming indigestible objects. He came to be known as Monsieur Mangetout ("Mister Eat All The Things").[1]

His performances involved the consumption of metal, glass, rubber and other materials. He disassembled, cut-up, and consumed bicycles, shopping carts, televisions, a Cessna 150,[2] and other items. The Cessna 150 took roughly two years to be "eaten," from 1978 to 1980. He began eating unusual material as a teenager around 16 years of age and performed publicly from 1966.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

200px-Noah's_Island_Ep_10_-_How_To_Be_A_Bear_024.jpg

500866_110325113931_march2011_175.jpg

tumblr_ktb7k1nKKM1qa1d27o1_400.jpg

139718371_780146588a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

123 LC wrote: »
    Morbegs[/IMG]

I loved the theme tune despite not knowing what they were saying.

"Morbeg, Morbeg land...*incomprehensible mumbling* and to help the growing tree. Come and see, come and play, make the most of every day, *more incomprehensible mumbling*...with the help of human beans!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I loved the theme tune despite not knowing what they were saying.

"Morbeg, Morbeg land...*incomprehensible mumbling* and to help the growing tree. Come and see, come and play, make the most of every day, *more incomprehensible mumbling*...with the help of human beans!" :D

Thats hilarious! It was "Morbegs from morbeg land.. need your help to understand", Which is ironic as you couldnt understand the plea for help. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats hilarious! It was "Morbegs from morbeg land.. need your help to understand", Which is ironic as you couldnt understand the plea for help. :D

if i remember correctly there was also some nonsense about a ''growing tree''?? god i loved that program :L i just remembered there they used to speak irish in it too :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Apologies if they're reposts

spraoi-cover-2010.jpg

51QQ8CZWT8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

funfax.jpg

399507_10151064552176079_175148071_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Morpork wrote: »

Imagine my surprise when this came on a few weeks ago, it's still doing the rounds. Although there's a newer version. The one below is the original and for some strange reason I can still remember the lyrics. They need to start making ads for Leaving cert stuff that needs to be retained. I can sing most theme tunes but I couldn't give you a line of any poem.

Don't forget these. I recently found them in a shop, I bought a jar of them. When I came home, someone had eaten the lot! Ok imagine not showing, even though I can see it in the preview. Here's what I'm talking about, Flying saucers!

Flying-Saucers.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The fugitives name is Dr. Richard Kimble

Used to be on every Friday night, essential viewing
    Most was in black and white, some later series were in colour

RTÉ showed every single episode in the late eighties and early nineties.

When the show finale was coming up it was huge news.
    Radio shows discussing it and people wondering what was going to happen

Remember this was pre-internet and pre-twitter days so plots like who killed Mr. Burns and who shot JR could be dragged out, people were not so informed.
    Just how the producers like it

The finale had huge viewing figures

fugitive+richard.JPGfugitive+gerard.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

PlayStation.png

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Organic Cavity

enhanced-buzz-3322-1341591800-15.jpg
    enhanced-buzz-3322-1341591793-13.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Do you remember when shopping centres employed young lads to collect shopping trollies?
    And shoppers would just push their trolley away when done, sometime hitting cars and more often blocking lanes? And if a lane got blocked you would get a bollocking first from drivers and then from your boss :(

That was my first job

Long gone, I can't think of anywhere that does that anymore

pd2819825.jpg

That poor lad looks exhausted

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That poor lad looks exhausted

Tesco in drogheda hire a few lads to do that still.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

During the good times shoppers would abandon the trollys with the €1/€2 coins in them, my granson used to get a kick out of returning them and collecting the coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Not a patch on this.
    It was so far ahead of its time,back when there were only 4 types of goal you could score in most other games(each corner of the goal).

You could crack a 30 yarder in off the bar or lob one in from the sideline and hit both posts and then the keeper before going in.The physics of the game blew me away.
    Still the most fun I ever got out of a football game.
    Edit:Oh and the music,how could I forget those 8 bit square waves and saw waves,genius sound.

It was a brilliant football sim but the bar was raised significantly when I discovered this:

kick_off_2_pic1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

My favourite toys when I was a child, best Christmas ever :D

maskthawk2c.jpg

jackhammer.jpg

rhino1.jpg

Picture+014.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

aujopimur wrote: »
    During the good times shoppers would abandon the trollys with the €1/€2 coins in them, my granson used to get a kick out of returning them and collecting the coins.

A day on the trolleys was what I always hoped for working in Tesco, Easily 3-4 euro an hour earned from people who didn't want to bring them back or abandoned ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I used to go shopping with the mammy to Rathmines and would spend the day down collecting trollys left behind would usually get about £IR20 as people would just leave them :D not bad for a 9 year old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

The Súgradh, Siamsa and Sproaí Annual books really got me!

WARNING! Do not watch this video at the beginning of the day as it is dangerously infectious to 80's/90's kids

Don't see these around as much anymore (the chair I mean!)
    fat-bean-bag-chairs.jpg

First racing car I got. It couldn't jump for ****
    http://www.adverts.ie/radio-control/nikko-original-jumping-car-r-control/762880

I could be walking around anywhere and suddenly break out singing "Bouli, Bouli" (obviously don't know the other lyrics of such a ****e cartoon)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Remember when we all had these bad boys

tickets_scratch_SMALL.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Remember when we all had these bad boys

Yeah, I can remember 2011.

Advertisement