Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Nostalgia, you lose - *Don't Quote the pictures!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That game annoyed the crap out of me. The players turned with the grace and skill of a ****ing lorry!
    I lost the game but still have the box. Complete mystery as to where it went.

Pfft, you were obviously just really bad at the game :D. I remember they had a great option in the menu, switching teams. I used to do it the whole time and pass the ball back to the centre-back. I'd then get him to dive and I'd win a penalty. I'd switch sides again and score the penalty.

I won every match 30-0 using that tactic. It was fool-proof. I got a ridiculous amount of the stars that way. David Beckham ran the show in centre-mid for me. He was on 99 stars and was able to bang in goals from the halfway line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Not a patch on this.
    It was so far ahead of its time,back when there were only 4 types of goal you could score in most other games(each corner of the goal).

You could crack a 30 yarder in off the bar or lob one in from the sideline and hit both posts and then the keeper before going in.The physics of the game blew me away.
    Still the most fun I ever got out of a football game.
    Edit:Oh and the music,how could I forget those 8 bit square waves and saw waves,genius sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

What about the physics of this game - so far behind it's time..... :pac:

I loved it though as a kid - used to visit my mates house and we'd play it for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

alproctor wrote: »
    What about the physics of this game - so far behind it's time..... :pac:

I loved it though as a kid - used to visit my mates house and we'd play it for hours on end.
    Loved that one too :D
    Trying to get the ball in the net before the 2 lads running at you could block it.
    Unbelievably addictive for such a repetitive game .

Have to say it looked a lot prettier on the C64......or maybe I'm imagining that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gurdy

When did we have this book, Junior/Senior Infants?

1313881673_tara-ben.jpg

For More:
    http://www.thepaddie.com/interesting/retro-school-books/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

^^ I can actually feel the paper of that book in my hands right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

11958d85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Remember the old buckets of caramel popcorn?

Be_Pop_Caramel_Popcorn_350g_Bucket.jpg&w=300&h=300&zc=2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Don't forget, ladies, that fashion goes round in cycles. Here's a preview of what you'll be wearing next Spring: :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Cant believe i didnt see this posted!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

**** your FIFA 13 and Pro Evo 13, this is the best soccer game ever made. Pure perfection. The music was quality as well.

Gianfranco Zola was the best player in the game. He got 256 goals in one season for me. Great stuff :D.

sony-playstation-fa-premier-league-stars.jpg

I had that game but it used to wreck my head. I could NEVER score from outside the box, no matter what I tried. Also I remember playing a game in European competition and winning the first leg and losing the second but I expected to go through on away goals. No! I had to play again! Until I properly beaten them, away goals didn't count in knockout rounds seemingly.

It was a good idea for a game though. I always thought a kind of Soccer/RPG hybrid would be interesting, where your players would gain experience and get better skills as they played as you progressed in the game. Bahamut on John Terry? Phoenix Down on Torres? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Not a patch on this.
    It was so far ahead of its time,back when there were only 4 types of goal you could score in most other games(each corner of the goal).

You could crack a 30 yarder in off the bar or lob one in from the sideline and hit both posts and then the keeper before going in.The physics of the game blew me away.
    Still the most fun I ever got out of a football game.
    Edit:Oh and the music,how could I forget those 8 bit square waves and saw waves,genius sound.
    Was also by far the best two player game of it's time, had hours of fun playing with a M8 on the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 capt.nemo

Does anybody remember a cartoon from the 80's with two guys starting out doing small little jobs around the house, like painting the kitchen and ending up completely wrecking the whole house? I think it came from Eastern Europe??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

YCwpC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

remember seeing that for the first time and being completely blown away by how good it looks, now you can run games that look better on an iphone :pac: the remixed Manics song is excellent as well.

hands down one of the best game trailers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

... and one of the best intros ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

worms2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Johnny-Bravo-tv-01.jpg

My favourite cartoon of all time..

"Hello, 911 Emergency? There's a handsome guy in my bathroom! Hey, wait a second. Cancel that - it's only me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

WiZcU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

A good site for retro stuff is How To Be A Retronaut. They had a whole different sense of what was appropriate, or not, back in the "good old days". I mean ...

1143-520x668.jpg1073.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

Jurassic-Park.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

GAAman wrote: »

Sorry I think I have something in my eye..... :cool:

Come back to this thread as I have not been on it in awhile, honestly pick a random page and this post of mine was on it from december last year......and the feckin music from the first note still gets to me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

More girly nostalgia!

Old+Polly.jpg

4671333772_301260b113.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Prince of Persia
    giveupinternetdotcom.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Remember I used to watch these on RTE when I was younger:

I wanted to work on the Love Boat when I grew up

Used to love this show too

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

180462ss.jpg
    tattoo-bubbly.JPG
    Missingno.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not sure if it's been posted already but this one was a cracking read.

ispinniagusssubh.jpg

Advertisement