Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What job did you always want to be in?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Fireman.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Own a beach bar in a tropical paradise that make enough money to cover the cost of the beach front villa and porsche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I wanted to be an astronaut, or a dinosaur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I always wanted to be a writer but right now, I've got weriter's block up the wazoo on account of being stressed about college. Mrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

meteorologist.

instead i'm an unemployed graphic designer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭CFG92

Horologist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I've always wanted to be a Firetruck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

a writer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A musician who makes money from his own music (ha some fuppin chance) or something involving legal explosions / firearms

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Sky King wrote: »
    A musician who makes money from his own music (ha some fuppin chance) or something involving legal explosions / firearms

the army?

• Advertisement

I was talked out of it and into the family business with promises of a lifestyle where I could do lines of coke off a hookers ass. That dream has gone tits up (not in a good way) because of the recession and now I am too old for the army and poor.

Plus I don't really fancy getting programmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A House husband (dreammmmmmmmm)

Get up about 10, put my bets on, have a few drinks, order the Chinese, then write a list of the things and cleaning that needs to be done and give it to her when she comes in from work.

PS no children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As a child I wanted to be a soldier - and I'm a soldier :D

90% of the time its a 9-5'er and I bitch & moan like everyone else.

But the other 10% really is a life less ordinary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Have wanted to be a fireman for a long time now.

Will apply next time they're recruiting, but that won't be for a few years, and even then I'll probably be up against almost every tradesman in the country :(

I'm a web developer now. Would prefer if it was just a hobby though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wanted to play up front for Manchester United and Ireland. This has so far yet to happen :(

I'm only 21 though so there's still a chance :cool:

No there's not :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Wanted to be a carpenter but not good enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Was hoping to get into Aeronautical engineering, but took a course closer to home. A decision I regret more and more every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I always wanted to be a child counsellor. My wait goes on.

EDIT: An air traffic controller would be pretty cool too.

ATC? Fk that stressfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

oldyouth wrote: »
    Wanted to be a carpenter but not good enough.

Why did you fancy skinny Karen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

No there's not :P

:(

In 5 years time when you see Pasta coming on for Shane Long in a Euro 2016 Quarter Final I'll run up to the camera and say "Fuck you Shanotheslayer, I proved you wrong" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Wanted to go into business. Just like to look swanky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Psychiatrist. Someday maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

:(

In 5 years time when you see Pasta coming on for Shane Long in a Euro 2016 Quarter Final I'll run up to the camera and say "Fuck you Shanotheslayer, I proved you wrong" :cool:

And I'll be like Gewooonnn Pasta you ledgend getting us through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Dave! wrote: »

Will apply next time they're recruiting, but that won't be for a few years, and even then I'll probably be up against almost every tradesman in the country :(

I'm a web developer now.

They were recruiting a whole 1 person to join the Waterford fire service a few weeks back. Missed your chance man!

Also Im studying web development or something like it at least. I dont think I would be able to have it as a job but as a hobby is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

F1 engineer. I'm 17 doing Mech Eng in UL. Hopefully I'll be a chartered engineer by the time I'm 22 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Dave! wrote: »

I'm a web developer now. Would prefer if it was just a hobby though!

a web developer ? are you spider man ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

A television cameraman.

Strange, but I was a sixties child and whenever they showed behind the scenes in a tv studio,I was hooked.

Too late now,but I would have also liked to have been the guy who read out the football results on BBC.

PortVale 1

Gillingham 2

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I always wanted to be a homing pigeon, like my forefathers were. Ah, I dreamed when I was young. Alas, modern technology caught up with us.

Advertisement