Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft with public transport?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He means Darndale (beside Coolock) Trev (The Warehouse).

Mind you I like to think that Darndale isn't exactly Sheriffer :o

Yeah but Darndale is still fúckin horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Yeah but Darndale is still fúckin horrible.

Aahhh, sure it's not that bad when your from there. We don't rob from our own (only those on a higher tax bracket and in a more expensive area code). :p

Anthony I see what your saying dude, I'm always walking around in camo (well the trousers and a "military looking" jacket). Most people just assume I'm Polish and say cześć to me! A lot of people wear camo because it looks good, to say that it could cause a problem is arguing for aguing's sake because it can't (just be sure to leave the leg holster at home).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just for the record, I was the one that mentioned public decency laws and it was to say that the only laws governing what you wear are public decency (i.e. you have to wear something), and a couple of other ones (they don't like you imitating emergency services workers either). I thought it was clear, but since there were a couple of queries on it.

It really is simple though - path of least resistance; dress in civvies, carry your gear packed away properly, and change on site. It just helps you to blend in, and cuts down on hassle. At least I believe so.

Odds are you won't get any additional hassle for being in camouflage gear, but it's a fine line. In work I heard of a lad arriving to a site with an AK47 AEG slung across his shoulder that he had carried on the bus. As is. Literally. We can all agree that it should have been packed away properly. Wearing camouflage just draws a bit more attention to yourself, and it is a fine line from wearing tac gear (vests, belt rigs etc).

The gist of it is be a responsible person. Take reasonable measures to ensure you are a good ambassador of the sport and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

i just had a thought thank god it didn't hurt. but when airsoft shops supply aeg's or whatever is there a legal speil given out to the customer. when i bought my first aeg in 2007 i got no such thing just a black bag and my money snapped out of my hand. these days buying anything the question is asked do you play and i suppose if someone says yes then they are deemed to be ok but on the topic of people doing stupid stuff like mr ak47 on the number 47 maybe more awareness should be focused on the public players and on buyers by way of the store keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

might be considered off topic but one thing I love about wearing camo in public is little kids pointing out to their single mothers "Look Mummy Army Man ARMY MAN!!!!"

Tis a great conversation starter ;) and after nearly six years of wearing the stuff I have never ever had hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The term "stop digging" comes to mind with old SnakeDoc there,

And Smurf,
    • Wearing camo pretending to be in the army
    • Creepin on single mothers

Never thought of that, I'd say you need to wear wellies around the ladies, you dawg! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Inari wrote: »
    Just for the record, I was the one that mentioned public decency laws and it was to say that the only laws governing what you wear are public decency (i.e. you have to wear something), and a couple of other ones (they don't like you imitating emergency services workers either). I thought it was clear, but since there were a couple of queries on it.

It really is simple though - path of least resistance; dress in civvies, carry your gear packed away properly, and change on site. It just helps you to blend in, and cuts down on hassle. At least I believe so.

Odds are you won't get any additional hassle for being in camouflage gear, but it's a fine line. In work I heard of a lad arriving to a site with an AK47 AEG slung across his shoulder that he had carried on the bus. As is. Literally. We can all agree that it should have been packed away properly. Wearing camouflage just draws a bit more attention to yourself, and it is a fine line from wearing tac gear (vests, belt rigs etc).

The gist of it is be a responsible person. Take reasonable measures to ensure you are a good ambassador of the sport and you're sorted.

As a complete aside from this - the public decency laws in this country do not force you to wear any clothes. They just force you to dress so as to have no intent to offend.

You can go naked as long as you intend no offence by doing so - it is up to the DPP to prove that your intent was otherwise.

Having said that it is an offence not to obey an instruction from a member of the GS(Put some clothes on) and also it's a tad cold

• Registered Users Posts: 40 coolagad

if you saw a grown man wearing his karate gear after practice and walking around the local spar you'd think he was either looking for trouble or a complete fruitcake.

Same with wearing full camo gear, holsters etc in public. quick way to get unwanted attention either from yobs, cops or joe duffy. Its banned in a lot of countries for frivolous reasons so dont give our nanny state any reason to do so in Ireland.

Common sense really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

coolagad wrote: »
    if you saw a grown man wearing his karate gear after practice and walking around the local spar you'd think he was either looking for trouble or a complete fruitcake.

Same with wearing full camo gear, holsters etc in public. quick way to get unwanted attention either from yobs, cops or joe duffy. Its banned in a lot of countries for frivolous reasons so dont give our nanny state any reason to do so in Ireland.

Common sense really

well the guy wearing the karate su
    http://m.boards.ie

Advertisement