Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rossmore, Quicke or JD loader

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

5800 including fitting, brackets etc.

JD loader comes in at about 5-6k, if you were buying a new tractor aswell.

JD and Quicke loader's vary in price, but theres usually about €300 between them either way.

I remember looking into this before, I think JD, MF and Quicke loaders are all made by the same company (ALO) and just badged to suit, that would explain the similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

+1 for the quicke - have a buddy who was looking for a used loader for his NH - got a cracking quicke for around 5k - like new - seems with the rossmore, that its a disaster to fit it to any other tractor other than the one it was first fitted to - something about the brackets being drilled for fitting when the tractor is 'offered up' - the brackets arent pre-drilled .The brackets then only fit that particular tractor, and have to be messed with / bodged if put on a different tractor -- -

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭iano93

MANSFIELD wrote: »
    Buy the quickie if you can a far better loader than the rossmore imo.

A mechanic told me that its a nightmare to work on a tractor that has a rossmore loader plus the features like quick attach and soft ride make the quickie a superb loader

These features are available on all loader brands

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galloways4life

Thinking of putting a Rossmore loader on a John deere tractor. Works out alot cheaper than buying a Quicke or JD loader.

Rossmore has the self levelling, quick attach, shock absorbers and will be sprayed john deere colours..

Anybody any info on what they're like to work with though, reach, handling etc..

Thanks

A Friend of mine on about getting loader aswell....he has a heap of beacons on his JD though... would he need to re-wire any of these if he went fitting a loader ??!
    also ... JD551 all the way...rossmore waste a time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 golfcruiser

A Friend of mine on about getting loader aswell....he has a heap of beacons on his JD though... would he need to re-wire any of these if he went fitting a loader ??!
    also ... JD551 all the way...rossmore waste a time ;)

The price includes a beacon on each side of the loader aswell and the originals won't need re wiring I hope!

Might be better off buying a few 'galloways4life' I reckon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

quickie for me, savage of a loader

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I can't find a decent youtube link for the quicke showing how its put on and taken off. After strength and visibility, I'd rate this as being very important when I'd be chosing a loader.

The MX seems a great loader in this regard. You only have to get down off the tractor once.

Also I can't understand why loader manufacturers don't fit the hydraulic coupling on the LHS. After all this is the door your using when the joystick is fitted on the RHS mudguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭valtra8150

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Galloways4life

The price includes a beacon on each side of the loader aswell and the originals won't need re wiring I hope!

Might be better off buying a few 'galloways4life' I reckon :)

ah thats grand so... 42 makes a nice total...you'll drive the cows daft with all them flashing lights and them trying to eat a bit!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

I've a new john Deere 633 loader with self levelling and soft ride. It's a serious loader, v strong and well made. Soft ride is a must if your travelling on roads. I had another 633 loader before this one with no self levelling, pros and cons to both. Self levelling is good for stacking bales, And also makes it easier for taking loader on and off, hard to explain why but it does fact. Other than this the self levelling bars obscures your view and you cannot tilt back your bucket as much with self levelling. Due to this it is much harder to stack hay bales 4 high as I can just barely tilt up the bale that extra bit to stack the forth bale of hay. So if there's a difference in money for Self levelling or not, do without it. Or if you've loads of money get hydraulic self levelling :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Anyone have a loader controlled with LCS system instead of joystick?

Quicke and I think stoll or trima have them as an option on their new loaders

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

am thinking about aloader myself,priced arossmore loader yesterday,6000 euro inc vat and fitted by rossmore themselves.a quicke was 8000 i think he said.how about asecond hand 1??being looking on donedeal,not many quicke,s on it.imagine they would have alot of wear on the pin holes especially if the grease gun only worked once ayear or mayb not at all?? :eek: wat do u,zs think of the cables versus the spool valves on older loaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭island of tighe

i bought a new quicke q35 loader last year.it was 2500 dearer than a rossmore and 1000 dearer than a trima.i find it an excellent loader,the soft drive control on the back of the joystick is very handy.i was going to buy a q45 but i felt it was too big for my tracter which is a new holland ts100a

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

keep an eye on fleabay, have seen some very clean quicke's on there for very reasonable money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Nobbies wrote: »
    wat do u,zs think of the cables versus the spool valves on older loaders?

Cable all the way. takes up infinitely less room and no risk of a hydraulic pipe bursting in the cab.

They can/do get stiff over time but the cables themselves are relatively cheap and straightforward to replace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 masseys scrap and zetors no better

im a quicke man myself,rossmore are a dogs dinner of a loader if you ask me.clumsy brackets and no one wants them then when your are trying to sell.quicke are a fantastic loader and very neat tidy brackets.you should price a trima loader,they are owned by quicke and made in the same factory except 1 is sprayed black and a trima sticker stuck on the other grey and a quicke badge stuck on.another way to look at it is,rossmore make rossmore loaders,quicke make trima loaders,mf loaders,valtra loaders and all these manufactuers are then proud enough to stick there name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 horsesbox

Hi I have a quicke loader but I need a bucket for it anyone have any ideas were I can get one..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

Advertisement