Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I thought it was closed down because of people eating dangerously too little and others encouraging that kind of stupid behaviour?

I guess that was the legal concern! Maybe g'em or some one else could clarify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

If this is about you dropping to 62kg then you can fuck off to fashion and appearance.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sugar Free wrote: »

Not so much legal as medical, eating disorders/unhealthy eating etc. being encouraged. Shaky ground.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Not so much legal as medical, eating disorders/unhealthy eating etc. being encouraged. Shaky ground.

Link to an offsite log? Would that mitigate any liability?

Link to an offsite log? Would that mitigate any liability?

No comment. On the grounds I might give the wrong answer and then G'em gives out to me.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

http://ultimatemmaconditioning.com/

anyone know if this is worth a read? looking at barry and hedely here?

That Joel Jamieson's site/book? If so, yes, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

I'd say you might have a better chance for the nutrition log thing if it's framed very explicitly in the context of a strength sport specific thing and not having anything to do with "appearance", which would have been a lot of the problem with the old H&F approach to the nutrition logging. Maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hanley wrote: »
    That Joel Jamieson's site/book? If so, yes, very good.

ordered.

Pretty much this. Looks lads/ladies. Ye got a new forum ye got the logs moved over. We have asked for there to be no tracking of food here. Please play along and dont make the mods have to "tell" you there is no tracking of food here.

Is someone is under eating and develops a disorder and boards members are seen to be encouraging this under eating in the logs even by simple things like "hey your doing great keep doing it" boards could end up in trouble...why? cause thats the way the country is these days.

Its also in the logs charter by the way.

ordered.

If you don't have a HRM already you'll probably order one after reading it...

• Advertisement

If you don't have a HRM already you'll probably order one after reading it...

have...got one with my garmin..

I miss days of our grandfathers, back when men were real men.

Back then the game of dodgeball was played with rocks and the game of dodgerock was played with knives. I miss the days when everyone was a badass.

Somehow between then and now fate decided to take a steaming hot dump all over Darwin's grave as a generation of salty war veterans gave way to a generation of scarf-wearing vaginas.

It hurts me to think that for years society stands idly painting its fingernails while icons like Clint Eastwood are replaced by wieners like Ryan Seacrest. If these generations of manly men were still alive they would spit tobacco juice in Ryan Seacrest's face and then make him wash and wax their Trans Am.

Back in the good old days things were much simpler. Back then you could walk into a caf and not be totally confused. This is because back then it didn't matter if you were trying to order, cappuccino, mocha latte or espresso they were all called the same thing, scotch.

When manly men aren't eating pieces of **** like you for breakfast they're eating sausage wrapped in bacon, wrapped in more bacon and topped with a fried egg, and they wash it down with a glass of bacon grease, topped off with a doctor recommended cigarette.

Look at any grumpy old man and the first thing you'll notice is that he smells like a medium-sized pile of garbage that is sitting on top of a large-sized pile of garbage. This is because of years and years of stink that has built up from a combination of bare-knuckle boxing and bare-knuckle lumberjacking.

Thinking of purchasing 'The Stick'. Seems to be a few different manufacturers of it, any recommendations of where to get it?

Thinking of purchasing 'The Stick'. Seems to be a few different manufacturers of it, any recommendations of where to get it?

I've only ever seen one manufacturer with a few different models?!

I've the sprinter stick. Great piece of kit.

Google gave me Intracell (which seems to be the original one), Protec and some other one.

Saw the sprinter stick on physioneeds so might go with that.

Google gave me Intracell (which seems to be the original one), Protec and some other one.

Saw the sprinter stick on physioneeds so might go with that.

Intracell's the original alright. Got my stick off physio needs and love it!!

Ah Mondays...

Living the dream....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Ah Mondays...

Living the dream....

I take it youre not at work today then? :D Im on leave today :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

My brother just brought me scrambled eggs in bed. Monday indeed!

My brother just brought me scrambled eggs in bed. Monday indeed!

Disturbing.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Disturbing.

Lulz. When I have to get out of bed before 10am to answer the door, I demand recompense.

Lulz. When I have to get out of bed before 10am to answer the door, I demand recompense.

Coulda been worse, he could have fertilized your eggs instead of scrambling them.

Coulda been worse, he could have fertilized your eggs instead of scrambling them.

Brb gotta vomit.

Brb gotta vomit.

Aw, you pregnant?

Aw, you pregnant?

I... I don't think so.... You said you were wearing protection....

Eh, i said i had an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Eh, i said i had an infection.

Poor NW, pregnant AND has an STD. Tough Break! :pac:

How does shipping from america take so long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

sea monsters.

• Advertisement

g'em wrote: »
    sea monsters.

air mail.....

Advertisement